PDA

View Full Version : stupid question - blocking breathers

Prewer
21st February 2010, 09:34 PM
Stupid question here, think ive done something really stupid..

on the rocker covers there is a breather line... right, so when thats blocked up up completely.. what could happen internally?

i did it, went for a very short drive, pulled up at intersection and noticed heap of smoke from exhaust, lifted bonnet and unblocked breather line, and it went pssssssssssssssssst and let all this air out of the head, then i drove home but now has a bad miss under acceleration, its fine at idle, just not under load

Cheers for all your help people

prewer

slide86
21st February 2010, 09:42 PM
you will get to much blow by in the crankcase.

what has happened is you have built up alot of pressure in the crankcase and oil has bypassed the rings and thats the smoke that you are getting.

id say that its also fouled the spark plugs due to the oil entering the cylinder.
- remove your plugs and replace them, see how it drives

H8CHIR6KU
21st February 2010, 09:44 PM
hahaha yeah if thats blocked you are going to compress the crankcase with all the blowby that comes past the piston rings. pull your plugs out and check that you havent fouled up the plugs with oil mist. and while your there do a cylinder compression test to make sure you havent fucked a piston ring.

also check that you havent blown out a oil seal somewhere

Prewer
21st February 2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks guys for the heads up, i know it was a rather sutpid thing i did, was doing a few other things on it today, forgot i had this blocked up before i went on a road test...