PDA

View Full Version : EASY Disk brakes onto F series Into AE86.

--Redwork--
3rd March 2010, 10:18 PM
So I bought Josh's old diff...

Now as some of you might now he was building it for his track car and didn't require a normal cable hand brake..
I, on the other hand, am installing it into my daily. So i need a simple way of fitting disk's and calipers to it..

Bracketry and so forth is fairly easy for me to fab as i'm a boily by trade, my major hurdel is Brake cables.. I'm sure something exists that with fit easily.. I just have no idea where to look..

Any info please guys..Links ect..
Cheers.

Marco
3rd March 2010, 10:22 PM
get someone to make them? i'm preety sure the guys that make custom throttle and clutch cabble would be able to?

--Redwork--
3rd March 2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah,, I could do that but that requires alot more stuffing around...

I really want to gather the parts needed and just fit it all at once.. I don't have the time to fit the diff, then work out all the lengths required and drive here there and everywhere to get the cables done... If it comes to that then I guess I'll have to. but I'd like to avoid it if possable.

Hen may possibly be a nut
4th March 2010, 02:04 AM
Depends lot on what calipers you use and what sort of connection you need for them.

I've used ST141 handbrake cables before (onto MS112 diff) and they fit the body end of an AE86 fine. The caliper end has a simple pinned end, which is hopefully easy to adapt, but as said, it depends what it needs to be mounted to on the caliper.

Hen