PDA

View Full Version : Badly damaged 86

Jip86
29th March 2010, 09:51 PM
the story:
on Friday morning on my way to work, about 3kms from home im driving along doing 100km/h around a gentle bend when i realize that the datto 1200 Ute coming towards me is crossing the double line. by the time i realize hes going to hit me its to late, i didn't have time to react. he hit me on the drivers side and the car started to spin clockwise down the road. i ended up going backwards into a ditch at around 40km/h. so had no whip lash injuries, only the large chunk of glass in my left eye around 3mm round. i held my bottom eyelid down but after a couple minutes the glass luckily fell out by itself. it turns out that the other driver who is 18 next month had just come off night shift and had fell asleep on the short straight just before the corner. he was alright except the foot well collapsed on his foot and it may have been broken.

the pics: (sorry about quality, its kinda all i had on me)
you cant really see in the photos but there is a ripple in the roof inline with the back of the door a round 5 inches long as the A pillar transferred the force to the roof
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/1/1/40882.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/1/1/40883.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/1/1/40884.jpg

-elliot-
29th March 2010, 09:56 PM
that sucks
lucky it was only a side swipe and not a head on!

too bad about your car :(

blair
29th March 2010, 09:57 PM
Holy shit! Insurance?

Check out the bends in those longchamps!! mmhmm Jap wheel bendyness

Vance
29th March 2010, 09:59 PM
snow good bro. snow good at all

happy you werent hurt

trikzlane
29th March 2010, 10:08 PM
that suck, looks like it can be repair tho

Jip86
29th March 2010, 10:19 PM
full comp insurance luckily
the damage is worse than it looks, will hopefully know by tomorrow if its written off

bergs86
29th March 2010, 10:24 PM
poor car :(
hope you can save it!

svenmate
29th March 2010, 10:30 PM
Glad to hear you're ok, man. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

slide86
29th March 2010, 10:32 PM
fuck my front foot.

your real lucky mate, good to hear you are ok

you going to buy the wreck back? id say if the loof is rippled the way it is, then they would write it off, as there would be a fair bit of structual damage.

Todd
29th March 2010, 10:38 PM
shit dude, not good news at all.
lucky you're alright though. could have been much worse by the sounds of it.

Jip86
29th March 2010, 11:00 PM
lucky is an understatement by far

the A pillar is pushed an inch back, do you reckon it'll buff out?

havent decided whether to buy it back or not, im kinda over it atm

rolledup
29th March 2010, 11:12 PM
Your lucky it wasnt complete head on. Poor 86:(

RolandGTV85
29th March 2010, 11:23 PM
that sucks dude.... glad your ok!

But Im surprised how calm you seem about it.... looks like it was a minter b4 the crash.. id be sooo pissed off.

hachi_dk
29th March 2010, 11:54 PM
lucky is an understatement by far

the A pillar is pushed an inch back, do you reckon it'll buff out?

havent decided whether to buy it back or not, im kinda over it atm

how much is it to buy it back off em?

KurtHS
30th March 2010, 12:02 AM
On the minor plus side it looks like there is a ton of salvageable bits on it! Buy it back and get posting threads!

Sorry dude, that sucks big time.

hao.
30th March 2010, 03:04 AM
Damn :(

Another one bites the dust.

Richard
30th March 2010, 07:24 AM
bad news....

cbjaust
30th March 2010, 02:22 PM
Sounds like the other driver is at fault so you should still own your car and the other driver's insurance will determine a payout for your loss and you'll get to keep the car. My blue sprinter was totalled by a guy running a red light and I got to keep it and was paid out for the pre crash value as assessed by their insurance company.

Richard
30th March 2010, 02:31 PM
if your at fault tho can you keep the car or buy it off them?

cbjaust
30th March 2010, 03:01 PM
I think that if you're at fault the insurace company keeps the car to mitigate their loss with an option for you to buy it back.

Richard
30th March 2010, 03:18 PM
thought so id be spewin if i couldnt get it back. last time i had an accident i only had 3rd party so i got to keep the car but when i got it towed home there was shit stolen from it i was pissed

ArbPotatoes
30th March 2010, 05:58 PM
Shit man, lucky you're alright! Hope the car isn't too far gone.

Jip86
30th March 2010, 06:27 PM
still haven't heard anything from insurance company today.

i was so pissed off at the time ( after i knew he was alright of course). i was 3ks from home so i rang dad and he was their when the ambo showed up and they put me in the side behind the cab. dad said when they carried the other bloke up to the ambo he took a step back because by the look on my face he thought i was about to rip strips off the other driver, but his foot may have been broken so i thought he had enough problems and had to calm myself down.

so yeah im pissed of but am happy im not hurt

drift kid
30th March 2010, 07:04 PM
farkk, thats not good, glad to hear your okay though and i hope all goes well with the ae86/new car :)

Jip86
1st April 2010, 04:58 PM
well its officially written off. its going to pickels auction in townsville:right:

so the hunt for a new car begins, not an 86. im after something newer that i dont bust my arse on:gah:

on the bright side i can finally sell the engine parts/engine taking up room in the shed. tuff 7age anyone?

Richard
6th April 2010, 09:45 AM
i want a tought 7age but $$$ atm :(

MINIHORSE
14th April 2010, 07:52 PM
very lucky man!!

nelpd96|
18th May 2010, 07:08 PM
This sold at auction today in Townsville for $3200. I was there to try and get it but it was a little out of my budget for a side project. I hope that it went to a good home. It was an internet bidder by the way if it was someone off here.

86coupe
18th May 2010, 11:26 PM
So it was you! The bidding for this thing went nuts. I was really hoping nobody there knew what it was, especially considering it was listed as a T18!!! I'm sure the auctioneer was confused.

Was slightly more than I wanted to pay too, but the parts in it will help finish off several project cars up in Cairns, so the price won't be so bad when split up between a few of us.

Stain and I will be down at the bitumen sprints at Bohle on the weekend too btw.

nelpd96|
19th May 2010, 07:26 AM
Sorry about that :o) I was hoping the same thing as you because of how it was listed. There were certainy quite a few shock faces at the auction itself. I was looking at it so that I could finish mine off as well but at that price it was going from bargin to just a nice to have. I thought that I had it at $2100, he was a split second from dropping the hammer. I am in Canberra this weekend for a wedding but I should have my sprinter at the next sprints, it has just had an engine rebuild but I should have it run in by then.

At least if I want some bits I know where to come.

Cheers
Paul

86coupe
19th May 2010, 08:48 AM
That was me jumping in right as the hammer was about to fall. Each time I did it though, it started another bidding frenzy.

Stain
19th May 2010, 07:44 PM
Yes. We are all broke up here again.

7shades
19th May 2010, 07:58 PM
What do you mean broke... I'm rich biatch.

Jip86
19th May 2010, 07:59 PM
WOW. i cant beleive their was a bidding war on my old steed.

but im sure 86coupe and stain will put all the parts to good use

T18, just LOL

86coupe
29th May 2010, 09:26 AM
Picked up the T18 yesterday. Going to try and get it moving today. Front strut has broken the rubber mount, then dropped down and speared through the floor, pushing the accelerator pedal up under the dash and obliterating the fuse box in the kick panel. Control arm is twisted into a spiral shape. Saddest thing is the diff seems to be bent :( Not much, but looks like it has some toe out now. Spent many hours yesterday just vacuuming glass out of it before we can start work.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/5/1/45019.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/5/1/45020.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/5/1/45021.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/5/1/45022.jpg

racsov
29th May 2010, 03:23 PM
you paid $3200 for that? what good parts are left on it?

Anthony
29th May 2010, 05:33 PM
electric windows, late model . japanese delivered. 6-7000 in parts without even trying. you'd be surprised!

shift_rook
29th May 2010, 05:44 PM
easilt, late model 86 parts are worth heaps, i should have just bought an original jap example instead of buying it all seperate

86coupe
29th May 2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah, it was way more than I wanted to pay, but where else was I going to find a pile of parts like this? Plus there's the convenience factor - its all there, no more hunting for jdm whatsits and doodads on the internet. People bidding online just kept pushing the price up. There were even some guys that ran up to the tilt tray and tried to purchase it from the driver while it was being delivered!!

Its got enough stuff to get 4 project cars completed. Took it for a drive this afternoon. Epic task to get it running again and moving. Quite strange to drive too, with the accelerator sideways across where the brake should be, and a massive hole where the accelerator was! Engine ran nicely, started up straight away as soon as the fuel got flowing.

Todd
29th May 2010, 09:41 PM
personally i think you got a bargain at 3200 dude.
so much good kouki stuff on there.

86coupe
29th May 2010, 10:31 PM
The diff being bent is a major blow, but was always a possibility. Axles, centre and brakes still good. Front control arm was twisted into a pretzel shape, but everything else is ok. Has biggest swaybars I've ever seen! Some pics from today.

The good side
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/5/1/45056.jpg

The bad side
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/5/1/45057.jpg

The HOLE!! :O
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/5/1/45058.jpg

benzo
29th May 2010, 10:34 PM
!!!-Sell me that seude Nardi!!

86coupe
29th May 2010, 10:52 PM
Nardi is baked solid and rusting after months in the sun and rain. Feels like a dead cane toad. Hoping I can rehydrate it. There will be some bits for sale eventually I guess, but we've got a use for most of it. Here's a video of it running after our crazy repairs. My driving looks retarded but the controls are rather broken!

jhGKAyIvynw

Jip86
30th May 2010, 01:03 AM
Has biggest swaybars I've ever seen!

selbys adjustable FTW!

she always started really quickly, hardly heard the starter motor most of the time.

what do you think of the sound? sounds awesome at 7k

Funnily enough i never knew their was a hole in the floor, was kinda thinking of other things

86coupe
30th May 2010, 10:10 AM
Starts quicker than mine does. Engine sounds nice. Bloody loud though when the throttle gets jammed open. Video below shows the damage to the fuse box and pedals. Spent ages with a crowbar and hammer just folding the metal back out enough to get to the fuse box. Ended up having to cut some of the damaged section away to reach it.

xf7tMi0z79M

ke_70
30th May 2010, 11:50 AM
where the hell was your right foot during all this?

Jip86
30th May 2010, 03:44 PM
to be honest i think the hole was done when it was being towed out of the ditch.
its gotten heaps more damaged since the crash.

i remember looking at my feet to check for bleeding while i was still in the car and i think i would have noticed the accelerator being where it is.

Anthony
1st June 2010, 12:18 AM
Nahh wouldnt smash the fuse box like that just pulling it from a ditch... Scary damage.. :|