john84ie
12th May 2010, 06:21 PM
looking for lowering blocks for my ae71,2-21/5"

Jdm-Mcc
12th May 2010, 06:32 PM
ae71 wagon?

john84ie
12th May 2010, 07:24 PM
yeah mate,you got some?was gunna order them today,what diff is in 84 wagon,bog warner or jap do ya know?

svenmate
12th May 2010, 07:36 PM
Before you do, i read somewhere that they share the same blocks and U bolts as a ford courier or something. I'll have a search.

svenmate
12th May 2010, 07:51 PM
Nup, can't find it anywhere.

I can help in saying ae71/ke70 wagons have a borgy and panel vans have the S series.

john84ie
12th May 2010, 07:56 PM
yeah mate that helps,i can order new ones,just needed ta know what diff,thanks man!

stahlz_ae86
12th May 2010, 10:34 PM
I had a stuff around when I ordered mine. Ended up buying a set with wrong U bolts for $100 from auto one which I returned and got my money back on. The correct ones I got I purchased from Autobarn of all places who sourced them from another Melbourne company. Was like $70ish for the pair with the U bolts which are M12 which means you need to open up the holes on the shocker plates due to them originally suiting the stock M10 U bolts...

If you have any trouble I can order them for you from the same Autobarn store I got mine then post them. From memory the hole spacing on the U bolts was 65mm. Slightly further holes spacing than the shocker plates but still closer than the 75mm set I had first.

john84ie
12th May 2010, 10:42 PM
thats where i was getting them from,autobarn,so i'll order them so,thanks man

squish_m8
13th May 2010, 01:15 AM
I personally wouldn't use lowering blocks. I'd just flip the leaves only cost is a couple of hours work and you don't get the cons of lowering blocks

Javal
13th May 2010, 01:57 AM
I personally wouldn't use lowering blocks. I'd just flip the leaves only cost is a couple of hours work and you don't get the cons of lowering blocks

No.

Flipped leaves make it far too low and are nearly completely ineffective as a springing medium, as they are hardest at rest and get softer with compression, which is retarded.

What you should do, instead of getting lowering blocks or flipping leaves is this.

Remove rear leaves
Undo the bolt that holds the leaves together
Move the shortest leaf from top to bottom
Do the bolt back up
Reinstall leaves.

This pre-loads the top leaf, so your ride height is signifiactly lower (about half way between normal and flipped leaves) yet you retain just as effective springing as a normal leaf at a higher spring rate (so they are stiffer)

Fuck this flipped leaf shit.