PDA

View Full Version : 4AGE Smoking?

Ham86
19th June 2010, 02:23 PM
My 4AGE a few days ago it started smoking out the exhaust with bluey white smoke. i got it toed to a mechanic and they could find the problem coz it stopped doing it. so its been good all yesterday and as soon as i start pushing it it starts again then just stops.
Anyone got any ideas?:cries:

DOG the rolla hunter
19th June 2010, 03:02 PM
oil control rings???? valve stem seals???? just keep thrashing it.

KENut
19th June 2010, 08:22 PM
Does it have a catch can? Might be oil filling up in the cam covers, then thru breather into manifold seeing as it does it when you thrash it

Ham86
20th June 2010, 05:10 PM
no i dont. can u buy one or do u have to make one

Ham86
20th June 2010, 06:09 PM
just took off my cam covers no fill would it only happen while driving how would ya tell.

KENut
20th June 2010, 07:14 PM
You can buy them. You could check buy ziptying a coke bottle somewhere and running a hose from the cam cover breather to the bottle. Take it for a hard thrash, check to see if oil ended up in bottle.

Ham86
20th June 2010, 10:46 PM
would that explain all the smoke from the exhaust

driftke70
21st June 2010, 05:41 AM
smoke is burnt oil

your burning oil

its either from breather build up

valve stem seals (probably not)

really fucked rings (i doubt)

try running a slightly thicker oil, im a fan of 15w 40, if thats what your running, go thicker.

mechanics couldnt find the problem as they knew that when they did chances are they wouldnt be getting the work.

DearmanKE
24th June 2010, 11:42 PM
like drift said its most likely oil smoke, valve stem seals id say would be more on hard deceleration, asin revving but with a closed throttle in a low gear.
i would have probly said piston rings, but you would hope it isnt that.
even if u block off the engine breather into the manifold for a bit just to see if it stops,
if it still doesnt then compression test and or leak down test your motor,