PDA

View Full Version : stock small port 4age with itb. full trottle problem

yohann
16th August 2010, 08:33 AM
hey all.
im really desperate so i hope someone can help me.
i have a 4age small port in my car. until a few weeks ago i was running twin weber 40 with a locked 4k dizzy.
the car ran fine. couldnt know how good as im the only one in my country with a 4age.
anyway after that. i decided to go itb to be sure that the car is running as it should. sideways :hehe:
anyhow. the engine is stock. and nothing was changed.
ive installed a t3 adapter plate, 20v silver top(i think. the smaller ones) itb's, im using the stock small port dizzy as a crank angle sensor with a vag coil pack. and all that i controled via an haltech E6X.
so far so good.and the injectors are from a 7mge. the yellow top 315cc from a supra.
before i start with my problem. did someone ever heard that the setup im using on a stock engine will not work properly. some guys as said to me that the problem im having (ill explain later) is because the stock engine and cams arnt up to the job as the ITbs are putting too much air into the engine and it doesnt know what do do with it.
is any of this sound true? did any of you is working with a stock engine with itbs. ?
now the problem im having is that.
the car is running good on part trotlle. on idle its steady, if ill push the car to aproximetly 80 % trotlle the car is going nicely . its not better than before but its because its hasnt been tuned perfectly yet. but as i go more than that. the car just stop accelerating and goes up very slow. its not choking . or dies out. just doesnt go up in the revs and going as good as if i was on less trottle. we have tried fueling less , more, tried advancing or retarding the ignition. nothing changes.
now i should let you know that i already checked and tried all those:
tps is calibrated and works exactly as it should. doesnt overlap or anything like that as the wideband shows a steady output. and also changes accordingly with the fueling we put.
the trotles also doesnt overlap . ive checked it 3 times im sure of that.
we checked the fuel presure and its fine. and it couldnt be the reason as i said. the wideband changes accordingly to what we change.
ignition is also checked that it advancing as much as we tell the ECU to advance.
thats all we thought about

please help me. as i said im really desperate!
ill really appretiate any help

ps. sorry for the few english mistakes. its very late! haha

Anthony
16th August 2010, 09:49 AM
Hi, where are you located? The only 4AGE in your country??

Sounds like it's either a tuning problem or a sensor calibration problem (which is the same thing really). The E6x may not be the perfect ECU for your application, ideally you want one that is capable of MAP x TPS tuning. Having said that you should still get a satisfactory result with either TPS tuning or straight MAP tuning.

Oh, and what is a Vag Coil Pack? :)

yohann
16th August 2010, 10:00 AM
hey
im from israel. we do not have ( :( ) ae86. nor any toyota vehicle not before 92. so i own a daihatsu charmant. and yes im the only on in the country!

secondly the vag is wolswagen audi group haha. its a coil pack from one of the cars.

are you sure that its supposed to be better that the stock engine. ive read on some guide on google and also been told by T3 that i would not see any gain. are you possitive that i will see any more gain than before on the webers?

Anthony
16th August 2010, 10:07 AM
How much of a gain you will see over webers simply comes down to tuning and ECU choice. Without a MAP x TPS capable ECU, and assuming the webers were very well tuned themselves, you will struggle to get your setup as good. I am wondering what your motivation was for changing?

So you are using the TPS as your load sensor? No MAP sensor at all?

takai
16th August 2010, 10:15 AM
E6X will run a TPS only sensed ITBed 4AGE just fine. Alpha-N baby....

Anthony
16th August 2010, 10:17 AM
Yes it will do it, but to get close to the driveability of well tuned carburettors you really need MAP x TPS. For race applications this isnt really an issue, but on a versatile road car its a big plus.

takai
16th August 2010, 10:21 AM
Yeah, but it shoudlnt be contributing to the hesitation at high Alpha readings. I would say its either a throttle calibration issue, or running massively rich or lean at high RPMs

Anthony
16th August 2010, 10:25 AM
Well so would I, as per my first reply (where I also said the E6 would do the job) :) But Yohann is asking about driveability and setup gains a lot.

yohann
16th August 2010, 10:49 AM
i guess i wasnt clear.
i dont really care about the drivability.
i just care that the car would run as it should!
and i explained earlier. that every sinlge sensore was calibrated a few times just to make sure.
and its not lean or rich. we played alot with the fuel. and now its on 13.

Anthony
16th August 2010, 01:51 PM
OK, well then maybe double check cam timing. Also, make sure your dwell matches the coils you are using. Maybe at higher load, the dwell is incorrect. Thats about all I can think of if youre sure its electrically correct.

Frak
16th August 2010, 02:02 PM
Alpha-N baby....

Amen brother!!

yohann
16th August 2010, 02:19 PM
well we also checked the timing.
damn

Anthony
16th August 2010, 03:39 PM
Does it do it when you free rev the motor? or only under load. Does it do it as soon as you hit wide open throttle at any revs? Or does it only start at WOT throttle NAD over a certain load or revs?

yohann
16th August 2010, 08:18 PM
its happening only on load. and doesnt really matter the revs. every gear thought the higher the gear the more itss felt

Anthony
16th August 2010, 11:51 PM
fuel pressure? fuel pump probs. can you put a logging pressure gauge on or cable tie a gauge to the wiper arm for a road test? :)

yohann
18th August 2010, 08:22 AM
hey anthony. thanks for helping me so much
we checked it on idle . it was normal.
and i dont see a reason why check the fuel presure as if the pressure wasnt good. or not enoguht, we wouldnve see it on the wideband as it would have been lean isnt?