PDA

View Full Version : Dash lights turn off.

Ade_Mc
3rd November 2010, 01:43 PM
Car - ADM AE86

motor - BOAT ANCHOR

use - TO GET TO WORK/TAFE & PICK'N CHICKS

problem - When i am driving and hit a massive pot hole/speed hump/bump (which in Sydney happens every 40metres) or even on occuation when i flick on the headlights the dash illumination (back light) turns off.
this does not affect the headlights as the remain turned on. banging the shit out of the dash will usually bring the dash lights back to life...but now my dash is nackered!

occurs/started when - 4 months ago.

personal situation - i can't see how fast i am going at night! and i regularly get pulled over for RBT's on the way home from work, and don't want a cluey Copper to defect me.

If anyone have had this same problem and fixed it, any pointers would be choice. i haven't had time to check it out myself yet.

ke_70
3rd November 2010, 04:32 PM
this happened to me (hit a ditch dirt hacking lol) exept i lost my tail light iluminationl and the dash lights lit up when i braked. but my brake lights worked fine.
it ended up being a loose or broken wire somewhere in the tail light loom. look carefully though cause i went through it several time and missed it! lol

focus_7
3rd November 2010, 08:13 PM
This happens to me every now and again, If I spin the analog illumination dial all the way to off, then back to full and the lights come back on.

hachirusto
3rd November 2010, 09:08 PM
take out the dash switch open it up and solder any of the points on the chip board which should have solder and then put it back together and chuck it in, that should fix up any issues with the switch as mine was doing the same

whatcamber
3rd November 2010, 09:41 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/14578-ae86-headlight-switch-problems.