PDA

View Full Version : T Series Diff Centre Identification

archie1
12th March 2011, 10:27 PM
Hello Ladies/Gents,

Car - Kit Car

motor - Silver Top 20V

use - Road/Track

problem - Building a new diff cemtre and need to know if the spare I purchased is the correct one - it look slightly different - see below

occurs/started when - n/a

I have an axle fitted to a kit car I'm told is from a Toyota Sprinter - it definitely has Toyota Sprinter discs fitted and a 4.3:1 LSD.It has a ten bolt centre and makes sense to me that its a T-series axle - Zenki axles too by the way

I'm looking to build up a spare diff centre for the vehicle and procured an ex-Celica TA22 (1975 model I was told) unit - 4.1:1 ratio open centre. I think both are T-series centres but they look a little different from each other which is worrying me a bit.

Both have the ten securing bolt holes to hold the centre in but the centre fitted to the car now has a longer bolt (instead of stud) fitted on on the bottom right hand side. There are some other differences in the casting too.

This pics attached show what I'm talking about - the first one is from under the car obviously.

I'm hoping the centres are interchangeable - its just the castings are slightly different.

I've had a good search on all this but nothing really talks about the look of the diff centre casting or has any pictures of them.

All help gratefully appreciated.

regards

Andrew

Sam-Q
13th March 2011, 10:01 AM
this is normal and you will find there is a mix of studs and bolts between them.

archie1
13th March 2011, 11:25 AM
this is normal and you will find there is a mix of studs and bolts between them.

Thanks Sam,

Appreciate your response.

regards

Andrew