PDA

View Full Version : Brake compatibility????

Deeken
16th March 2011, 02:30 PM
Hey guys, got some ae86 coilovers, came with the stub axle, and found myself some hubs, wondering if there are any compatible rotors/calipers that can fit on these hubs, a fella is selling some celica (he thinks RA40) brakes which he reckoned looked similar to jdm brakes and said they may possibly fit..

Cheers for any input,

Deeken.

Cerby86
16th March 2011, 02:54 PM
go to the ajps site and buy the rx7 caliper adaptor, civic discs and rx7 calipers and bolt it all together. It might cost a bit more than piecing random junk together but it will be a million time easier and you won't need to upgrade again.
only problem is you might want to upgrade the master cylinder at the same time, and the brakes might not fit inside your wheels

Deeken
16th March 2011, 04:39 PM
Would consider doing that but I don't see the need atm, especially being on Ps and only being allowed to run NA.. was just going to buy some decent pads and some RDA slotted rotors and have a near brand new brake set up..

Cerby86
16th March 2011, 05:16 PM
yeah I run an NA setup and I love my brakes!! if your going to have to buy discs and pads anyway then you may as well spend a bit more and skip the middle step. The main benefit of it that i see is you don't need to do all the research to find out what works, then find it, wait for parts to arrive then discover they don't work right then start over lol

Deeken
16th March 2011, 05:27 PM
Hmm true, so i got the hubs now, I just gotta get the eg civic discs and rx7 calipers with the adapter?

Cerby86
18th March 2011, 12:27 PM
yep, I would also consider getting a better master cylinder! Have a look at ajps's section for pricing, there are quite a few other setups out there but that one is probably the easiest to get!

hachi_dk
18th March 2011, 01:32 PM
I can supply you with 294mm dba gold series disks (cost me $480), rebuilt rx7 callipers (rebuild cost me $240) and brand new lucas pads (cost me $120) and adapter plates ($300) to suit. All ready to bolt up and everything brand new and unused. Pm me your phone number and I can send you pics.

$800 for the lot

Filip

Deeken
18th March 2011, 01:36 PM
Hey guys, I managed to find myself a set of jdm brakes :) thinking these will do unless i start doing track work etc..