PDA

View Full Version : Differences between ADM sprinter and JDM Levin

gone0-60mph
19th April 2011, 08:41 AM
Hey Folks,

I am new on this forum. I am currently looking at a ADM 4age sprinter at the moment and I would just like to know the differences between this an a JDM levin apart from the engine obviously!! I have owned plenty of JDM ae86's already back in Ireland but I am new to the sprinters!! Also would I need an engineers report or anything like that for the engine change when I go to get a RWC on it? The shell I looked at is the cleanest shell by far I have ever seen and I have seen a good few!! I look forward to your replies and thanks in advance!!!

LittleRedSpirit
19th April 2011, 09:54 AM
Gearbox has the slave cylinder on the other side.

More simplified bumpers.

S series diff instead of T series diff.

Drum rear brakes instead of mostly discs.

Unvented front brakes, but otherwise the same diameter with an identical thinner calper.

Different trim and fabric colours/options.

Lower tech equipment, no chance of power windows, mirrors, or steering.

Obviously you get 4ac motivation instead of 4age, so therefore you get a fuel tank with no baffles to suit a carburettor system.

Different taillights.

Different Grill.

Different Dash cluster.

44GTE
19th April 2011, 10:19 AM
Different Radiator overflow bottle

Different Windscreen washer bottle

Different Rear Seat belts setup

Different Speedo/instrument cluster

two types of headlights and parkers zenki (similar to ADM) / kouki

Car wiring is different

Different sun visors

and most probably still more

Sam-Q
19th April 2011, 12:39 PM
I am going to make this the reference thread for this topic, so all questions about this will be in here from now on.

Stain
19th April 2011, 06:30 PM
Fuel lines run different across the transmission tunnel on a JDM car (to avoid exhaust)
Exhaust hangers on gearbox mount in different position
No bolt bolt holes for heat shields on ADM car
No bung holes for power window/mirror looms to run through the shell (however the doors still have them -_-) in ADM car
Doors have side intrusion bars on ADM car
Windscreen is longer on a JDM car, to use a ADM windscreen you also need the ADM lower windscreen trim to cover the gap