PDA

View Full Version : What's this connect to!!??

JDM-086
21st April 2011, 06:49 PM
hey guys quick question, title pretty much explains it... engine is a 4AGE 16v bigport RWD version in an ae86 ADM .... saw this disconnected after inspecting the bay as the car was running shitty.... bit of fuel kinda gurgles out hear n there from it...no idea what its supposed to be connected too... its not my return line btw..
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/7/2/67941.jpg

Dylan
21st April 2011, 07:05 PM
Has to be a fuel line. I'd say its the vapour line, if its not your return and obviously not the feed.

slide86
21st April 2011, 07:07 PM
it would be from the carbon canister when the engine was 4ac

the fuel coming out would be vapour that has sat in the line.......i believe it could be connected to a port on the throttle body or manifold to retain a factory style setup. (unless you are running a boosted engine)

Cerby86
21st April 2011, 09:46 PM
looks like the breather line. would normally go into the charcoal cannister.

Nikkojoe
22nd April 2011, 01:34 AM
Looks like the old 4mm return line (which probs explains the fuel comming out of it from time to time - assuming other end is still half into the tank and not swapped around with the vapour line). Remember 4ac's have the fuel pump at back of head, with a 4mm return.

Charcol cannister one runs along the chassis rail up to where the charcol canister actually is (has a 10cm 6mm fuel hose from the line to the cannister).

R&D Mechanical
22nd April 2011, 04:12 AM
return and breather lines exit at the same place inside the tank so could be both, just leave it for a breather line and engine cleaner :P

Nikkojoe
25th April 2011, 05:13 PM
return and breather lines exit at the same place inside the tank so could be both, just leave it for a breather line and engine cleaner :P

Nar they don't (on an ae86 anyway). The return line goes halfway into the tank, where as the breather is flush at the top of the cradle (only catching vapour)

R&D Mechanical
25th April 2011, 05:19 PM
haha fuck ke70s are shit lol thanks for clearing that up! good to know lols