PDA

View Full Version : Process for Purchasing Vechile

Justin Holden
23rd February 2009, 01:42 PM
Hey Guys

I'm pretty new to OZ from New Zealand

I am currently livng in NSW, I am looking at purchasing a AE86 from Melbourne.

I have already applied to have my drivers licence converted over.

I am wondering what else is required to purchase and register a vechile, what do I need to do to complete the sale.

As step by step run down would be great, as I have tried tlaking to the RTA but there were not very helpful

Cheers

Justin

Clinton
23rd February 2009, 01:54 PM
the seller and you need to sign the registration papers together, then you take the piece of paper to the rta and pay to get the rego changed over. thats it haha

dunno about interstate. maybe you might need to take it to a workshop and they do a rwc on it?

johl
23rd February 2009, 02:42 PM
if you go to the rta and grab the rego papers that u need it should have a list of things you need

MJ86
25th February 2009, 12:18 AM
Welcome to the west island of New Zealand.:sunnies:

Clinton
25th February 2009, 12:56 AM
pfft welcome from the east islands of Australia. we'll take all your famous people, except scribe. you can have scribe, even though everyone hates him in NZ

MJ86
25th February 2009, 01:24 AM
pfft welcome from the east islands of Australia. we'll take all your famous people, except scribe. you can have scribe, even though everyone hates him in NZ

perhaps you can convert him to christianity Clinton.:hehe:

letsgohunting
25th February 2009, 03:12 AM
perhaps you can convert him to christianity Clinton.:hehe:

Zingaling.

The Kid
25th February 2009, 07:04 AM
Back on topic, does anybody know the processes and bullshit you have to go through with an interstate purchase??

slydar
25th February 2009, 08:48 AM
i have bought a nsw car which was registered, and brought it to qld. the rego is not transferable. the vehicle can be transfered into your name easily, and there is no need for an inspection, but its under nsw rego.

you bring it to qld, you have 1 month to basically re register the car from scratch, and the rego that was on the vehicle is forfeit (no refund).

so that means normal qld rego requirements, of a safety cert, CTP insurance, and then pay rego.

to the orginal poster. if the car is registered, then the seller should be organizing whatever is needed to get the car transfered into your name.

but yes you should be checking to see if the registration is transferable between VIC and NSW. it is likely it isnt. you may in this case want to negotiate with the seller, for them to sell it to you unregistered for a lesser price. but then you do have the expense of transport interstate.

mini bus
25th February 2009, 12:28 PM
i brought my 86 from melbourne , and live in sydney
i would ask the seller to un register the car and buy it at a cheap price.

1) get a unregisted veichle permit from vic roads , so you can drive it back to sydney

to get it registered in sydney....

2) get a engineers report (if need help shoot me a PM )
3) blue slip (if need help shoot me a PM)
4) ctp green slip
5) make sure you have the orginal rego papers from the seller in melbourne (so a vic roads rego paper)
6) take it all to the rta
7)your car is registered and on the road driving

basically from state to state , you have to do the whole registering thing again

hope that helps you

Justin Holden
25th February 2009, 12:36 PM
i brought my 86 from melbourne , and live in sydney
i would ask the seller to un register the car and buy it at a cheap price.

1) get a unregisted veichle permit from vic roads , so you can drive it back to sydney

to get it registered in sydney....

2) get a engineers report (if need help shoot me a PM )
3) blue slip (if need help shoot me a PM)
4) ctp green slip
5) make sure you have the orginal rego papers from the seller in melbourne (so a vic roads rego paper)
6) take it all to the rta
7)your car is registered and on the road driving

basically from state to state , you have to do the whole registering thing again

hope that helps you

Cheers you have PM :)

focus_7
25th February 2009, 12:37 PM
Can you register an unregistered car online the same way you renew registration?

mini bus
25th February 2009, 12:49 PM
Can you register an unregistered car online the same way you renew registration?

if its inside the 3 months of overdue , yes i believe so
but if its more than that
you have to do the whole registering again

wideslider
25th February 2009, 02:11 PM
mini bus is 100% right

SEXY 16
25th February 2009, 09:14 PM
if she is jap make sure you get the import approval with the car
if it dosent have 1 walk away
its a effin nightmare to get 1 from canberra to get it registered in nsw

!*heatseca*!
26th February 2009, 01:19 AM
How about the other way around?? NSW to VIC??