PDA

View Full Version : Haltech E8 - Just read if u know about ECU's

sundee
1st March 2009, 12:45 AM
SO .... after driving my car to work for a week and trying to road tune this SAFC + stock management on my bigport 4a 16v - its running massivly rich, gettting like 300 km's out of a tank and all the low throttle settings below 3.5 k are crap house and it just bogs down and has now power unless u floor it. any way im over it!.. it still runs well but im just not happy with it! i just like things right.

SO.. i have a Haltech E8 thats had some serious time on the dyno running a 20V turbo.. anyway

this is what i want to know.. does anyone know if i can save those settings currently on the E8 for later on.. somehow, then tune it for the 16v and then get those settings for the 20v turbo re installed for when i go to use it on that engine again? i just dont want to loose the tune that is on the E8 ATM! i dont wanna use what i have and not have to buy another ECU when i have agreat on in my garage and a loom ready to rock

3s-86
1st March 2009, 09:44 AM
Hi mate

I think you can have a couple of maps in a Haltech ECU,
not sure as I've never got set up an E8 yet.
Give Haltech Tech line a call and they can help you out with
your quiries mate.

GL

sundee
1st March 2009, 09:47 AM
yeah i was going to do that on monday, was just wondering if anyone knew now. cheers mate!

FAST EDDIE
1st March 2009, 11:03 AM
i have mucked around with haltech e6s and you can save numerous ammounts of different tunes on that version

groupa4agte
1st March 2009, 11:05 AM
my tuner told me i can save multiple maps on the e8

fixeruperer
1st March 2009, 11:11 AM
load halwin 1.71.
go to online mode.
go to file and save maps and save the map on ya pc.

close the halwin and to make shaw it all saved load halwin again and load up your saved map to see if its there.

or

once youve wired it up and trucked it to your tuner, ask him to save the current map.

sundee
1st March 2009, 12:21 PM
insane!!! thats what i was hoping to hear!!!

lo_rolla
1st March 2009, 06:23 PM
I got a E8 in the mail, who in brisbane is good with them for dyno tuning NA 4A?

rick q
5th March 2009, 02:17 PM
Simon at Macgreggor Mechanical [ph 3349 6075] did my Silvertop / Haltech - nice job, and he certainly seems to know what he's talking about.

The bit about saving maps described above is spot on as well. Whenever you change anything, just save a copy onto your PC / laptop so that if the next thing you change mucks everything up, you can simply re-load the previous map. Just name them somehow so you know what was special about each one.