PDA

View Full Version : autosalon's project hachi

DRiiFT_King
13th April 2005, 09:07 PM
just refelecting on some old autosalon mags (issue 23) thats nearly 9 months ago, they promised a hachi drift project, the started it for the one issue and then was never heard of again, just wondering if anyone in the know, nows the story?
cheers

breno
13th April 2005, 09:12 PM
i think they gave up because they couldnt find any altezza tail lights and 25inch rims wouldnt fit under the guards, not sure thou...

chee
13th April 2005, 09:15 PM
it was one of the dudes who worked at asm. but he doesnt work there anymore so the project isnt associated with asm.

chee
13th April 2005, 09:19 PM
and asm isnt that bad they featured an awesome hachi, and their articles are very informative. yeah they feature some shit cars but the other cars they have are awesome. id pick asm over hot4's and fast fours anyday. But speed and motor are another issue. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

DRFT - 86
13th April 2005, 09:20 PM
The owner had it up for sale on toymods recently.............
maaaddd project ahy............was looking forward to the progress..........they should do another.......

Jusdrifn 86
13th April 2005, 10:57 PM
im glad they didnt do it, they would add a pod filter and an big exhaust and think its got enough power now, lets put $5000000 into the stereo and paint job

hachis shouldnt be riced.... maybe small ocassional grains of rice, but nothing more

Latest ASM has the article of when the cops car got trashed at bwcp, funny read

Speed mags are the tho, they even featured my mates sil80 a few issues ago... yay

seek
14th April 2005, 10:19 AM
It was doomed to fail from the start........................

Shiri
14th April 2005, 11:04 AM
there project didn't involve neons or a stereo, they were simply building a cheap daily driver with respect that could be drifted...

it had nothing to do with rice

it's a shame they didn't see it through cause they had good plans for it

DRFT - 86
17th April 2005, 05:53 PM
was just about to say that........^^^^

Im so over this rice shit.............every mod that someone does that isnt the norm for that car is classified as fuckin rice..........sure.......T-wings on sigmas and shit like that.....no probs....... but what happened to peoples own personal taste and customisation styles..........build it cos you want it.....not because it should be"..........

I plan a smick paint job for my 86.......aswell as a stereo.......while Im going to be keeping the weight down as much as I can within the parameters......I would not call it rice, I just like having beats in my car...........everyone has different tastes ok.....
now excuse me Im going to my local asian takeaway.......
peace

chee
17th April 2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Jusdrifn 86@Apr 17 2005, 03:57 PM
im glad they didnt do it, they would add a pod filter and an big exhaust and think its got enough power now, lets put $5000000 into the stereo and paint job

hachis shouldnt be riced.... maybe small ocassional grains of rice, but nothing more

Latest ASM has the article of when the cops car got trashed at bwcp, funny read

Speed mags are the tho, they even featured my mates sil80 a few issues ago... yay
Only project they have done that sort of shit was the mr2? how ever the ek civic had a type r engine upgrade (b18c) with type r brakes etc. The s2000 is going for performance aswell.