PDA

View Full Version : Gaurd Rolling

ae71neo
1st February 2006, 10:04 AM
Yes yes yes, i know this has been covered before but i am asking a different question. I would like my rear gaurds rolled, using one of those gaurd roller things. My question is where is the best place to get it dont at? I would do it myself, but ill wreck the paint... Can a panel beater do it, or a wheel and trye shop? If i take it to a panel beater, then i know it will be perfect and they can fix any paint or whatever that gets damaged.

Thanks.

poh_86
1st February 2006, 10:09 AM
depends on your location,
some places in mel and sydney roll gaurds for around about 60 dollars per side

ae71neo
1st February 2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah sorry, im in brisbane.

Julz01
1st February 2006, 11:32 AM
panel shop will do it, all the do is heat the guard while they use the roller so there is less of a chance for the paint to chip

slide86
1st February 2006, 05:30 PM
cameron's body works
he will do it
and do it properly
give him a buzz hes on the southside of brisbane
if you dont know him or know of him he drifts the green r32.
u must have seen it at some drift days

3277 3475

ae71neo
1st February 2006, 05:48 PM
Yep, i know of him. Thanks!

RobertoX
1st February 2006, 06:12 PM
dude its an ae71 you arent seriously worried about the poo brown are you?

hahahahahaahahhahahaha (jokes)

all my guard work was done with a hammer, works a treat if you are mildly careful...

ae71neo
2nd February 2006, 12:29 PM
hahahahahaha f*** up (jokes)

Yeah i was thinking about hammer, thats what i did to my yellow shitter up the back but i wasnt taking it carefully lol.

c2888
2nd February 2006, 07:59 PM
20 year old paint is probably gonna crack regardless of technique, but a panel shop is the best bet. If you've never done it, take it to a pro. We attempted to flare some sprinter ones with a guard roller, mate lent us one.

Long story short, we f***ed two perfectly good sprinter front guards http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif