PDA

View Full Version : Cams license

dirty_86
4th August 2006, 09:08 PM
Hi,

Im currently building up my ae86 sprinter.. converting it to 4A-GE... and i was thinking about gettin my cams license for the track,.. would i be able to get it at my age? 16.. and what type of cams license would i need to get on the track for a drift/grip day?. I live in N.S.W always watch at oran and keen on getting out there myself.. help for cams would be appreciated.. checked out the site.. a bit confusing http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif

cheers..

samuel
4th August 2006, 09:35 PM
The CAMS site is more than confusing

Probably because they are a bunch of dickheads who shouldn't be left to regulate anything.

That said... you can apply for a Cams Junior Licence, yes.

DRiiFT_King
4th August 2006, 09:39 PM
you'll need a level 2 speed junior, and there only $11. on there sit they have a whole heap of forms you can down load, look for level 2 speed form.

bahnugget
4th August 2006, 09:41 PM
downside is at your age you can only apply for a junior licence, which means you have to have an adult person with a full cams level 2SP (level two speed) licence accompany you in the vehicle at all times.

dirty_86
4th August 2006, 10:04 PM
buh once i get my P's will that mean i will be able to drive alone.?? thanks for the info guys and yeh the cams website is CONFUSING AS! lol

psychofox
5th August 2006, 10:13 AM
You've got to be a member of a CAMS affiliated Car club to run in events, you should ask a local club and about what the procedure is. Much easier talking to a person who has no doubt dealt with this sort of thing before than trying to navigate the CAMS site!!! I'm pretty sure you can run under a 2S Junior License in Speed events (Hillclimbs, Supersprints, etc.) but that's about it. Have you got your P's yet?(At 16 I doubt it) It's much easier to do this sort of thing when you can drive to events, etc.

mc68
5th August 2006, 10:23 AM
ae86hachiroku over here in perth has had his s2 cams licence since he was 15...so its all good.

selk
5th August 2006, 09:15 PM
how old do u hav to b to get a adult cams lic ?

Course_Out
6th August 2006, 12:44 AM
I think it's 16 from memory. And I'm pretty sure that you only have to have an adult with you on junior licence for speed events. As has been said though the CAMS site is insanely complicated. The best thing to do would be to get in touch with a car club, you will find someone who might even understand the regulations!

samuel
6th August 2006, 12:09 PM
Selk, you are a moron

http://www.cams.com.au

READ IT