PDA

View Full Version : 4A-GZE Flywheel into t50 Bellhousing??

AE86represent
28th September 2006, 12:57 PM
Hey guys,

I am currently bolting a 4A-GZE engine into a sprinter and I must source a flywheel as the engine did not turn up with one. I have found a mad alloy 4A-GZE one through a local suplier but I would like to know if will fit before I purchase it.

Is there any drama's bolting a t50 box onto a GZE with the standard flywheel? I understand that they are slightly larger diameter than the NA flywheel.

Any info would be awesome,

Cheers,
Justin.

AE86represent
28th September 2006, 01:47 PM
Hey,

Found the info I was after here,

http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/phil.bradshaw/INDEX.HTM

Great source of random 4A-GE info. GZE flywheel wont fit, need either big port or 100kw one. Sigh....back to google I guess.

Cheers.

mattysshop
28th September 2006, 01:50 PM
a 100kw one will fit as will a 20v one.. and an 88kw one..

they are known as 200mm flywheel, and 212mm flywheel.. both 8 bolt.. despite what some websites say about 6bolt 4age cranks, i have only ever seen 8 bolt ones..

GZE flywheels don't fit cos there simply too big..

biggo
28th September 2006, 02:30 PM
and if you do get the flywheel to fit u will need a custom clutch plate....

thu187
1st October 2006, 03:14 AM
Can you let us know how the t50 holds up to the gze? Rear drive in NZ have a W58 > 4A gearbox adapter that supports using the gze flywheel. PM me if you're interested we could share the shipping costs and stuff.
I'm interested to know if it will be possible to granny a gte sprinter around with a t50 for a month or two otherwise I'll just wait/

Cheers. =)

44GTE
1st October 2006, 08:11 AM
I have a 100KW flywheel cluct and PX plate for sale in the For Sale Sect if interested.

The larger AE101 4AGZE flywheels will not fit as to large. I went the W55 and Nite parts bell HSg for my setup.

PM if interested

Gilly
1st October 2006, 10:35 AM
Nite parts bellhousing is very common in NZ. i don't think anyone over there runs a T50 behind their GZE/GTE.