PDA

View Full Version : wiring?

hilux08
1st October 2006, 04:18 PM
hi all,

just wanted to ask about some wiring stuff. i am tryin to wire up the 14pin plug on the ecu. i have it hooked to the circuit open relay and i got a efi realy from ae82 i get a click from both of them when i turn the key but the fuel pump doesnt prime and it turns over but doesnt fire. what could have overlooked?

any help would be appreciated or if anyone could give me a hand wiring it would be sweet.

thanx sly

Hen is a total nutcase
1st October 2006, 05:35 PM
From what I hear, factory Toyota ECUs never prime the fuel pump when you turn the key to "ON". They only start once you start cranking.

If you're sure your pump isn't running when you start cranking then check all the wiring to it (may help to disconnect the starter motor while doing this).

Also some more info on engine and ECU would be handy too.

Hen

hilux08
1st October 2006, 05:43 PM
its a jdm bluetop with a aus bluetop ecu. i think its the wiring of the efi main realy or the circuit relay that i have stuffed up somehow. with the fuse box in the engine bay where the efi relay goes do u run wires to it underneath and if so where would these go. not 100% about the main efi if all the right connections are made cause its in the fuse box

Hen is a total nutcase
1st October 2006, 05:47 PM
To check your connections, every plug in point on the top of the fuse box has a number next to it, and every pin in every plug on the bottom of the box has a number next to it too. You can match up connections this way. It's time consuming and a pain in the arse in my opinion, but it'll be neat in the end.

Hen