PDA

View Full Version : help with paint codes

terryo
1st December 2006, 08:12 PM
can anyone with a white or red sprinter, please give me the piant codes off the build plate?. In some cases, it might be a separate foil sticker with the paint name or code on it. I am repainting my old race sprinters from bare metal, and would like to get the colours as correct as possible. thanks

steroidchickens
1st December 2006, 08:51 PM
good paint shops should have them on file.
will get back to you in the morning with the white but.

terryo
1st December 2006, 09:19 PM
thanks, any chance of a quick look for the code tonite??. I was hoping to buy the paint tomorrow

steroidchickens
1st December 2006, 10:06 PM
thanks, any chance of a quick look for the code tonite??. I was hoping to buy the paint tomorrow[/b]

come on, i live on 70 acres, its not like my garage is attached to my use.... i need the excersise.
colour code is 038, by the looks of it. just checked then

terryo
1st December 2006, 10:52 PM
many thanks, that makes sense. its called "white", but it has a distrinct blue hue to it. my levin was that colour.

steroidchickens
1st December 2006, 10:54 PM
dude, there are more whites than any other colour!!!
i am lucky. that white looks very similar to, gloss white. haha.

the guard touch up is $2.99 super cheap auto can

jjoeworks
2nd December 2006, 09:38 AM
Hi

I have just gone down to the shed and checked my paint code on my white hatch. It is #041. It also has a blue hue to it as you have stated. Just for reference it is a 02/85 and is still original paint (i have had it for 16 years) so I guess that is what you are chasing. Any other help needed just let me know.

Cheers

Todd

yoshimitsu9
3rd December 2006, 12:43 AM
red paint code on mine is "3D7" had a look at repco and autobarn, neither of them have that colour http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/huh.gif can anyone tell me what name on the paint can is the same?

ae71
4th December 2006, 12:50 PM
red

terryo
4th December 2006, 09:38 PM
thanks guys, I've found the original build plate locked in the safe. it was taken off years ago. The white is 038 code & luckily, thats the one I ordered . Dulux came to the rescue with old info. it seems that was the most common white on imported sprinters, but was not common on other models sold here . The red bumpers turned out to be 3E6. 3D7 was listed at the paint shop. thanks again.