PDA

View Full Version : good present for $150-ish?

yoshimitsu9
11th December 2006, 07:15 PM
as the title states

parents and i are having a hard time thinking what i could get for christmas. i think somthing to upgrade the sprinters.

so post ideas of what could be bought for around $150

i thought of front strut brace (do they make much difference in terms of handling?) or sway bar(s) (a more expensive up grade)

cheers,

stefan

Joel-AE86
11th December 2006, 07:19 PM
Initial D DVD set - best sprinter upgrade i've ever bought...upgraded my driving abilities by at least 200%

LOL sorry...

Rear sway bar is a good upgrade for around that figure. I'd go that over a strut brace.

MINIHORSE
11th December 2006, 07:23 PM
erm, dished steering wheel from RACESPEC, around onehungfitty
but then you need a boss

Bustin_86
11th December 2006, 07:28 PM
Fuel card.

stefan
11th December 2006, 07:30 PM
um initial d merch or ae86 merch

um rear tyres

um k and n filter

yoshimitsu9
11th December 2006, 07:34 PM
nah already have a filter. steering wheel isnt a bad idea, would i be pushing it to find a nardi steering wheel fro $150?

breno
11th December 2006, 07:38 PM
erm, dished steering wheel from RACESPEC, around onehungfitty
but then you need a boss[/b]

Yeah because everyone knows a dished steering wheels makes you a pro!!!

Mabye just $150 cash so it gives your more options?

callum1
11th December 2006, 07:51 PM
prostitutes! with tatoos that say ae86!

MINIHORSE
11th December 2006, 07:51 PM
nah already have a filter. steering wheel isnt a bad idea, would i be pushing it to find a nardi steering wheel fro $150?[/b]

you could probably get one for that much,
but why buy a nardi, the only reason people buy them is cos every one else has one,
sure theyre a good reputable italian brand, but its a bit of a cop out, i mean i have a sparco wheel which i would consider being better than a nardi

and breno the only reason dished steering wheels are good is cos you can reduce the reach and therefore be in greater control of the vehicle look at any WRC/V8/JGTCC drivers and they all used a dished wheel

moral of the story is get a nardi steering wheel and be cool
or get a dished one and be different!!

Konakid
11th December 2006, 08:06 PM
Agreed! dished wheels feel awsome to use, im in love with mine http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wub.gif but for performance a few sets of new bushes wouldn't hurt, depending on your suspension progress

yoshimitsu9
11th December 2006, 08:20 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=292273)

nah already have a filter. steering wheel isnt a bad idea, would i be pushing it to find a nardi steering wheel fro $150?[/b]

but why buy a nardi, the only reason people buy them is cos every one else has one,
sure theyre a good reputable italian brand, but its a bit of a cop out, i mean i have a sparco wheel which i would consider being better than a nardi

and breno the only reason dished steering wheels are good is cos you can reduce the reach and therefore be in greater control of the vehicle look at any WRC/V8/JGTCC drivers and they all used a dished wheel

[/b]

the reason i said nardi is because justin (jae86) has one and its the style of wheel i know from the numerous times ive ridden in his car, i also liked the feel to it. but im all for research so ill keep looking around. even though everyone has them, they are proven to be good so why not get one? but im not lazy and will search to find the wheel that would suit me best

yoshimitsu9
11th December 2006, 08:21 PM
Agreed! dished wheels feel awsome to use, im in love with mine http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wub.gif but for performance a few sets of new bushes wouldn't hurt, depending on your suspension progress[/b]

next to stock.... kingys on the front (paid $20 for them http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif ) and im pretty sure cut springs and pedders sports ryde on the rear. bushes actually worth it for stocko rocko suspension?

rthy
11th December 2006, 08:23 PM
tyres?

sprintrphile
11th December 2006, 08:32 PM
there are places you can get on the track for $150! maybe skidpan day??

track ftw. fun fun fun!!

MINIHORSE
11th December 2006, 09:21 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=292283)

[/b]

the reason i said nardi is because justin (jae86) has one and its the style of wheel i know from the numerous times ive ridden in his car, i also liked the feel to it. but im all for research so ill keep looking around. even though everyone has them, they are proven to be good so why not get one? but im not lazy and will search to find the wheel that would suit me best
[/b]

fair enough dude but done just buy a wheel cos it says Nardi, go to your local rally/race supplier and have a look before choosing

HYPNTK
11th December 2006, 09:35 PM
i think the cash idea is the best and that way you can get whatever you feel like at the time but then again its a christmas present so its important to be able to wrap it up and open it on christmas day etc.

green_boy_91
11th December 2006, 10:10 PM
ebay's the way man u can get a mad deep dish sheel for 99 bucks so write in dish in car bikes and boats and it will come up and a boss kit or 50 bucks aswell its the shit ebay is lol http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Sprinterboy
12th December 2006, 07:00 PM
I've got some highly polished cam covers for sale if you want?

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/122983.jpg