PDA

View Full Version : opinions please

Mr Fujiwara
25th July 2007, 12:00 AM
okay,

I've got myself a GOOD set of GZE pistons, a good set of GZE Rods and a lovely GZE crank, the block how ever, as it was not propperly cared for by the previous owner, has rusted up a bit (during storage), and only repair-a-ble with overbore.....

what I'm asking your opinions on is.....Limitations of a GE block...because obviously a GZE or 100kw 7-rib blocks the shiz for a Turbo engine but this makes them rare and makes it expensive!!! I am planning to sell my current car due to these new VicRoads laws that came out, so I'm thinking the "cheapest" way to rebuild my engine etc. also would lack of Oil Squirters make much of a difference? I know turbo runs a lot hotter, but it should be fine yeah?

also I don't want to do a dodgy and sell this in the future and have some poor guy blow the block inhalf on 15psi or somthing.

I know the Block should be the strongest part of any 4a engine but would it be strong enough for a high power turbo engine...

any feedback greatly appreciated, and if you think GZE block is the best choice, any details of where to get one would be awesome, PM if you want or reply in thread.

fixeruperer
25th July 2007, 12:52 AM
nah oil squirters are just an added bonus ontop of the already fantastic block, I'm not a fan of oil squiters becuase id rather that oil go elsewere.

Hen is a total nutcase
25th July 2007, 02:40 AM
Any block will be fine. You wont break it.

FWIW I saw a 4AGE (by Road and Track) built for the fun side of 200hp. All with the "weak" 3rib block.

Hen

Javal
25th July 2007, 11:22 AM
Yes, it is mainly going to be the GE pistons / rods that will bust before the block, so a GE block should do fine.

r3zzz4
25th July 2007, 06:08 PM
I was under the impression a <be>smallport</be> 4age had an almost identical block anyway... correct me if I'm wrong tho.

Mr Fujiwara
25th July 2007, 11:32 PM
thanks guys, ill get myself a GE block, anyone got one they need to sell????

Mr Fujiwara
25th July 2007, 11:35 PM
thanks guys, ill get myself a GE block, anyone got one they need to sell????

edit:: friggen double post, slow internet! shakes fists!