PDA

View Full Version : d2 coilovers??

jasstv
1st November 2007, 07:38 PM
There is a complete set of d2 coilover for sale for $850

Front Spring 7.5kg , Rear 4.8 kg, Camber pillowball fronts, Comes with rear sway bars

, does any one know if this suspension set up is good quility or not?? any help would be appreciated

DavisJD
1st November 2007, 08:07 PM
run in the other direction, really really quickly.

To many horror stories to touch this suspension.

This is one of those cases of, 'you get what you pay for'.

Javal
1st November 2007, 08:39 PM
D2 is JUNK

G4 is JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNK.

Run.

Now.

NO, DO IT.

+ Rear coiloves require your shock mount to be heavily reinforced.

Go talk to Dave at AJPS, he can hook you up with some sweet deals.

jasstv
1st November 2007, 09:12 PM
shit! lol thanks for the heads up guys

rthy
1st November 2007, 09:24 PM
what exactly are the reports coming in on these?

Konakid
1st November 2007, 10:38 PM
The Alloy bends

Grub screws that hold on the threaded collar (on 86 models) is a joke. They snap

rthy
1st November 2007, 10:49 PM
ouch, nasty

Anthony
1st November 2007, 11:02 PM
They copied revolvers rear coilover tops, I've been trying to buy these separately from the factory with no luck yet.

I think the whole "you cant rear coilover your 86 with out massive diff reinforcement" is a bit of an urban myth. I know a few cars with them that get driven hard (including my own) and no problems. S and T series brackets.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of a failure?

kaibeecee
2nd November 2007, 12:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony @ Nov 1 2007, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=429847)</div>
I know a few cars with them that get driven hard (including my own) and no problems. S and T series brackets.[/b]

i'm looking in shanes direction right now, his lasted remarkbly long considering how the car was driven...

lachy2k3
5th November 2007, 01:14 AM
d2 coilovers up front.. seem fine to me

Javal
5th November 2007, 01:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DriftPlease @ Nov 5 2007, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=431404)</div>
d2 coilovers up front.. seem fine to me[/b]

Give it time, they'll fail completely before the shocks wear out.

aleksau
5th November 2007, 08:05 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony @ Nov 1 2007, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=429847)</div>
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of a failure?[/b]

I would also like to know that. Not because they heard from there brothers cousins friends that someone broke a set.

I have seen first hand D2 used in GTIRs for years. I a have seen more teins fail than D2/G4 but it would be unfair to say that as I have seen alot more cars with teins then el cheapo stuff.

I am no way affiliated with D2 or sellers of the stuff....

LAZY
5th November 2007, 08:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (aleksau @ Nov 5 2007, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=431434)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony @ Nov 1 2007, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=429847)

I would also like to know that. Not because they heard from there brothers cousins friends that someone broke a set.

I have seen first hand D2 used in GTIRs for years. I a have seen more teins fail than D2/G4 but it would be unfair to say that as I have seen alot more cars with teins then el cheapo stuff.

[/b][/quote]
D2's wosto be an english company but they went broke and sold the company to china. I have a set of g4's for 5 months, the drivers side front is leaking :rolleyes:

ke70dave
5th November 2007, 08:52 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LAZY @ Nov 5 2007, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=431439)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (aleksau @ Nov 5 2007, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=431434)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony @ Nov 1 2007, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=429847)

[/b][/quote]
D2's wosto be an english company but they went broke and sold the company to china. I have a set of g4's for 5 months, the drivers side front is leaking :rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]

hey man, i think he was refering to a failure of a shock mount by using rear coilovers on a stock diff.

i dont have any experience, but what ive heard/noticed is that i'd be more worried about the chassis end rather than the diff end. the sheet metal wasnt really designed for to withstand the force from the springs...

but ppl do have success, so i dunno...

also does anyone have those pics of the G4 coilovers that are snapped in half? i remmeber seeing it in a thread once, it was an S14 i think...

aleksau
5th November 2007, 09:41 AM
I'm not defending the cheapo coilovers I actually want to know who has owned a set and their first hand experience with them good or bad.

kaibeecee
5th November 2007, 11:10 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LAZY @ Nov 5 2007, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=431439)</div>
D2's wosto be an english company but they went broke and sold the company to china. I have a set of g4's for 5 months, the drivers side front is leaking :rolleyes:[/b]

Theres a certain 'industry' insider in the US who runs a controvertial blog about shit chinese products infesting the marketplace.

http://datruthcometh.blogspot.com/2007/05/...our-health.html (http://datruthcometh.blogspot.com/2007/05/chinese-are-bad-for-your-health.html)

this is a post about D2 and it's NON affiliation with the european D2:

"The chinese are bad for your health"

"That's right. The Chinese are bad for your health. I'm not talkin about Chinese-Americans or reputable companies doing reputable business. We're talking about shady Chinese fools. China's responsible for SARS (the "bird flu") and the whole chicken feed controversy. Both are from China. But China isn't exporting just diseases that will kill you. They are exporting piece of shit automotive parts that undermine our love for cars. Case in point? This "D2" company that is supposedly a professional suspension company.

According to their website (www.d2racing.com), they supposedly test their suspension systems "by machines and professional race teams to meet the strictest quality and performance standards." Uh huh. Sure. I follow F1, F3, FIA GT, Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft (DTM), BTCC, Champ Car, Super GT, Formula Nippon, IRL and so on. Yet, I have yet to see this D2 company on any of these cars. But wait... some of you astute enough to follow racing on a global scale may say... isn't D2 a sponsor of DTM?

NO

What you saw on factory Merc / AMG racecars in DTM is NOT these fools from China. Rather, it's Vodafone D2. That's right. Vodafone. The company that owns Verizon in the States. D2 on DTM racecars is a reference to Vodafone mobile phone stores in Deutscheland. Look below.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_VlCA3Oq0raM/RjkFWU135SI/AAAAAAAAAHw/cyljL0TJoRc/s400/d2.jpg

Woo... look. It's a Vodafone D2 store!

Oh, look... it's a "D2" suspension company office. Geez, the logo looks awfully similar. No, wait. They are exactly the same!
http://bp1.blogger.com/_VlCA3Oq0raM/RjkF50135UI/AAAAAAAAAIA/r4rjQ0fu1aU/s400/d2fake.jpg

Well, look here. It's an animated gif advertisement directly from Vodafone's site!

http://bp2.blogger.com/_VlCA3Oq0raM/RjkGRE135VI/AAAAAAAAAII/1_K_skDI24Q/s400/startanimation.gif

Is it mere coincidence that this D2 suspension company COPIED EXACTY the real D2 logo? Perhaps to claim that their suspension was used on DTM race cars? Considering how shady these fuckers can be, I wouldn't doubt it for one second.

Since when did Vodafone get into the suspension business? A mobile phone service provider in Europe is making suspension for Civics? Oh, but wait... Invidia's parent company is a pager company (must make you feel confident owning an exhaust made by fools who make pagers... so much technological overlap, I tell ya) and they even stole the "Invidia" name from RS*R.

It's funny how some car owners out there will spend thousands of dollars on shit for their car, yet will buy these cheap ass suspension systems for their car. Any sharp eye would immediately notice the shitty construction, most notable of which is the shitty ass welding and machining.

But the bullshit from China doesn't stop there. Imagine how many bodykits are floating around your local shops, made by underpaid sweatshop workers toiling under the most mired of conditions? Do you suppose these manufacturers have any fuckin idea about how aero affects downforce, drag and overall vehicle stability? Or do you suppose they just make this shit... no wait... COPY this shit based on kits from other manufacturers? Then have the gall to pass it off under some bullshit brand name in the US? And of course, the fools who buy this fucking crap?

So pat yourself on the back if you buy into this and other Chinese made crap. Imagine... not only did you save yourself a few bucks by buying inferior crap, you are also supporting the world's largest thieves of intellectual property. CUNT-gratulations."

straight from the horses mouth - who knows his shit.

enough said really

Konakid
5th November 2007, 09:15 PM
^^Reading that blog, now, fucking so win its not funny!

RobertoX
5th November 2007, 09:57 PM
+10000000000000 dude is king

he shares a very similar attitude to me, he would get kicked off of forums

and kicked out of AVS and ET

LAZY
6th November 2007, 08:27 AM
d2 changed their logo, lol I wonder why.

http://www.oap.com.hk/images/reseller/image002.jpg

RobertoX
6th November 2007, 01:19 PM
^ looks pretty similar to me

crazy nanna
20th November 2007, 10:16 AM
Heres a fact I own 2 hachis.1 a daily streeter & 1 is my slider( this set survived a non suspension rollover & have since been living in my new slider). Both cars are running D2 kits. Streeter has rear shockie & spring setup the other rear coilovers but both have coilover fronts. I've had the track set for nearly 2 years not a problem and the others are doing well also. I've driven hard on both for they whole life in the car.
I have heard all sorts of 2nd hand stories from people who have heard this n' heard that but only ever actualy heard a couple of people who do own them have any problems. I've heard just as many 1st hand complaints about some bigger named companies.
I would just like to let people know that there are good stories about D2 suspension...... and it comes 1st hand!!!
No i heard from a friend of a friend.

RobertoX
20th November 2007, 01:15 PM
just type in quality fade into google

say no to china copys!

letsgohunting
20th November 2007, 02:25 PM
I'm running "K-Sport" in my laurel. For a set with camber tops, they cost about the same as a well worn set of teins 2nd hand. They apparently come from the same factory as D2, however the dampers are DEFINITELY different. All D2 systems I've been in have been hard to the point of ridiculous and have a shocking ride quality. The K-sports in my car aren't up the level of the good Teins and JIC but are still better than d2, and really good for the price. They seemed quite well made to me, all tolerances good etc. The weak part is the shock or damper, but they aren't any worse than a worn set of teins. So far running them, no probs.

Gunner
20th November 2007, 02:48 PM
I've fitted many chinese made suspension kits to vaious cars and most customers come back 2 months later wantin tiens cause the chinese stuff is shit.

Just look at it this was would u buy a chinese turbo to bolt on to ur 10g motor? if u answered yes then go buy chinese coilovers u dodgey fucker. If u love ur car and u drive it hard buy good parts, dont waste ur money on shit cause ur gonna save a few hundred bucks.
the only budget suspension i have fitted that people dont complain about is that racing logic brand, seems to work well but at the end of the day these are budget companies, working with minmal funds and research. if companies like tien can put ridiculas prices on their parts theres a good reason it cost them a shit load in r&d which is constantly going.
its the same as leading workshops, they charge a shit load for their work cause they've spent a shitload on it. its the same thing, jap us english and australian companies which pride themselves on having a quality product that works, can charge for it,
the chinese cant because its not quality.
and most people that think these parts are fine usually aren't mechanics, they think they know stuff they dont and usually dont drive at a level where parts are constantly wearing, therefore they have no problem with chinese parts, and no offence to those people running these kits, but do u really love ur car, come on would u by ur mrs a wedding ring outa one of those 20c machines i think not, so treat ur car to diamonds and shell get u off everytime u drive her

RobertoX
20th November 2007, 05:09 PM
stop supporting china and copy cats

buy from real performance manufactuers

BAN ALL

D2, r logic, G4, k sport, the list goes on

rthy
20th November 2007, 05:11 PM
I second that

Gunner
20th November 2007, 06:12 PM
how bout all china supporters get their cars confiscated for miss treatment

crazy nanna
20th November 2007, 10:19 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I don't respect or love my hachi's. That must be why I own 2 of em'. Out of lack of respect HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHA.
I've spent plenty of aussie & jap stuff for both my hachis through AJPS, Banzai and may other australian companies. Even brought my D2 through an aussie company with aussie dollars therefor supporting an aussie business. the suspension is just made in china.
Anyway I'll use them till they are stuffed (whenever that is!) and then I'll replce them. If it ain't broke don't fix it rule applies here. kause I still haven't got a problem! bloody chinese s**t hahah

Any first hand bad stories?? Anyone....

Gunner
20th November 2007, 11:18 PM
mate some people get lucky, but its simply a case of u get what u pay for, any decent mechanic will suggest u put quality parts on ur car. Because they are better for it, simple as that, run those parts and u run the risk of failure, but i think the good old super t70 turbo u buy of ebay for $500 is a prime example of just how budget some of these parts are.
Yes china is comin up in quality design, but u have to remember thats a very small amount of the country. go to the markets and how many knock offs are down there that simply dont do what there suppose to, then there are the ones that do it better. But u get what u pay for, different budgets mean ur gonna buy different things, small budget buy budget, but it is exactly that budget. and as it was said before if these were any good they'd be used in competition cars, and they're not in anythin decent, and u dont see them handin out money for sponsorships and deals because they are a budget company that saves every penny it can before it gets shut down or goes bust.

Anthony
21st November 2007, 12:04 AM
A lot of reputable brands are made in China and Taiwan as well. I don't think it's quite as clear cut as that but you can generally get an idea of the quality from the attention to detail and the material finish.

The stupid thing is that you can specify the material you want when getting these sorts of things made. And you can specify ANY material and they have it, and it doesnt cost a great deal more (we must give this stuff away when we dig it up... ) . Just a shame that many companies still use the cheapest shit on the shelf.

With regards to failure yes I was actually talking about a structural failure from running coil over spring in the rear of an 86. not a faiure of D2's - that happens all the fucking time :P

My 86 has has revolver coilovers on an un modded t series with hard springs for years and years and absolutley zero sign of any fatigue on diff nor body.

RobertoX
21st November 2007, 12:29 AM
i know the world is flat and it is easy to deal with china

and then i think about the state of the world, the copying the under cutting the pollution, the quality fade and the fact most of them have never driven a car in their lives just doesnt sit right with me

i will have a few products changing in the near future!

Anthony
21st November 2007, 12:36 AM
OK but the guy who made my ipod probably doesnt have an mp3 player. Yet it's one of the best products in the world.

Anyway, does this mean AJPS will be the first carbon neutral 86DC sponsor?

RobertoX
21st November 2007, 12:42 AM
im trying! not hippy, just concerned

outsourcing is so common now its like do it or you are doomed and i dont have an ipod for WIW!

i have a made in japan mini disc lol!

Anthony
21st November 2007, 12:45 AM
well i never use mine - damn marketing :(

hope they're 100% recyclable.

Anyway back on topic, I would never use any of the afforementioned brands in my car.

If you buy D2, keep the rear top hats and throw the rest in the (recycling) bin.

Konakid
21st November 2007, 01:09 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gunbz-r @ Nov 20 2007, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=439576)</div>
I've fitted many chinese made suspension kits to vaious cars and most customers come back 2 months later wantin tiens cause the chinese stuff is shit.

Just look at it this was would u buy a chinese turbo to bolt on to ur 10g motor? if u answered yes then go buy chinese coilovers u dodgey fucker. If u love ur car and u drive it hard buy good parts, dont waste ur money on shit cause ur gonna save a few hundred bucks.
the only budget suspension i have fitted that people dont complain about is that racing logic brand, seems to work well but at the end of the day these are budget companies, working with minmal funds and research. if companies like tien can put ridiculas prices on their parts theres a good reason it cost them a shit load in r&d which is constantly going.
its the same as leading workshops, they charge a shit load for their work cause they've spent a shitload on it. its the same thing, jap us english and australian companies which pride themselves on having a quality product that works, can charge for it,
and most people that think these parts are fine usually aren't mechanics, they think they know stuff they dont and usually dont drive at a level where parts are constantly wearing, therefore they have no problem with chinese parts, and no offence to those people running these kits, but do u really love ur car, come on would u by ur mrs a wedding ring outa one of those 20c machines i think not, so treat ur car to diamonds and shell get u off everytime u drive her[/b]

Plues fucking one, respect.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crazy nanna @ Nov 20 2007, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=439844)</div>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I don't respect or love my hachi's. That must be why I own 2 of em'. Out of lack of respect HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHA.
I've spent plenty of aussie & jap stuff for both my hachis through AJPS, Banzai and may other australian companies. Even brought my D2 through an aussie company with aussie dollars therefor supporting an aussie business. the suspension is just made in china.
Anyway I'll use them till they are stuffed (whenever that is!) and then I'll replce them. If it ain't broke don't fix it rule applies here. kause I still haven't got a problem! bloody chinese s**t hahah

Any first hand bad stories?? Anyone....[/b]

It should be real soon champ!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony @ Nov 20 2007, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=439934)</div>
OK but the guy who made my ipod probably doesnt have an mp3 player. Yet it's one of the best products in the world.

Anyway, does this mean AJPS will be the first carbon neutral 86DC sponsor?[/b]

Ipods are junk, they fuck up, me and mates have had ours all fuck up completely to the point were they replace them on warranty just like with the shitty chinese coilovers. They claim a "12 month" warranty for a reason, you'll bloody well need it!

ISC, G4, D2, K sport, Meagan Racing, Racing logic.

HSD are at least proven as much as i dislike them they have had some sort of thrashing to a point where they are now slightly decent.

T3 are junk also, they use an alloy collar on the steel strut with a grub screw, this is a joke, its not safe at all, more junk.

Anthony
21st November 2007, 01:16 AM
Fair enough. maybe mine hasnt broken cos I dont use it.

I think in R and D, design, manufacture, use of materials and technology, marketing and even packaging they're a little bit ahead of D2 coilovers but anyway.

RobertoX
21st November 2007, 01:19 AM
oh and EVSR31 from ns.coms

D2 snapped and went under his car at mallala on the w/end

Anthony
21st November 2007, 01:24 AM
ok thats a fail

slide86
21st November 2007, 01:48 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (truenosedan @ Nov 21 2007, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=439966)</div>

D2 snapped and went under his car at mallala on the w/end[/b]

link to destruction here:

wa wa (http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=259292&st=90&start=90)

Javal
21st November 2007, 02:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slide86 @ Nov 21 2007, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=439980)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (truenosedan @ Nov 21 2007, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=439966)

D2 snapped and went under his car at mallala on the w/end[/b]

link to destruction here:

wa wa (http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=259292&st=90&start=90)
[/b][/quote]

Oh Shit!

That's fucking haaaaarsh.

We keep saying not to but there'll always be cheapskates who buy this junk.

sss-a10
21st November 2007, 02:07 AM
"Aussie the wheel came back down to earth hard, really hard car launched about a metre n a bit into the air."

anything would break under those conditions, it's amazing the strut tower is in good condition. FFs he snaped his tie rod clean off and blew his rack and you want the coilovers to still be in good shape?

Anthony
21st November 2007, 02:17 AM
Yeah after reading it it's hardly a suspension failure.

"Things to replace - 35mm bolt on"

Umm, you might want to rethink your front end configuration.

If anything, the D2 saved his tower. lol. theyre still shit but...

letsgohunting
21st November 2007, 02:40 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gunbz-r @ Nov 20 2007, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=439576)</div>

and most people that think these parts are fine usually aren't mechanics, they think they know stuff they dont and usually dont drive at a level where parts are constantly wearing, therefore they have no problem with chinese parts, and no offence to those people running these kits, but do u really love ur car, come on would u by ur mrs a wedding ring outa one of those 20c machines i think not, so treat ur car to diamonds and shell get u off everytime u drive her[/b]

If you're going to sit there and tell me I don't drive at the level where the parts under my car are under heavy strain, you can go suck another crack pipe.

Lets list what setups I've had in the past:

1st ae86: kyb exel G shocks all round sitting on TRD springs - 6kg front 4.7 rear.
2nd ae86: T3 coilovers front with KYB AGX short dampers, eibach springs at a rate of 7 front, 6 rear. The rear unit was a coilover with the AGX shock. Sigma front control arms, T3 NCRCA's, adj cambertops, whiteline front strut brace etc etc
1st Laurel: JIC coilovers allround, cusco rear adj upper camber arms, strut brace etc
3rd ae86: TRD green short stroke dampers rear with trd 6k springs, whiteline nolathane bushes allround, trd 2 way, front was a tokico HTS setup with TRD 8ishK spring, Whiteline adjustable swaybars front and rear, cusco half cage, power steering arms etc etc etc

Now I'm on another laurel with the Ksport s13 coilovers.
I can say first hand that they aren't bad in dampening and ride/handling. I've been a hills driver ever since I got my lisence. I know a good setup when I drive one. The 3rd ae86 I had was excellent. The 2nd ae86 I didn't like the setup so much. The laurel with the JICS, the dampers in the coilovers were very worn - from buying second hand and really needed a rebuild.
The current laurel with the K sports handles very well. The damper control is not as good as the new mid range up japanese coilovers, however it is much better than a worn japanese set. The dampers are much different to D2 which are horrible. It lacks compression a little and doesn't control so well over bumpy road until the stiffness is cranked up a little. Once thats done it feels like a low-mid priced japanese coilover. There is certainly nothing wrong with the dampers and their valving - I find it to be pretty good. The adjustment is very sensitive and I have managed to fine tune it on the stiffer side to my liking. So far no leaking and no snapping of parts - to be honest I looked it over thoroughly when I bought it and thought it was quite well made. I didn't note anything which seemed dodgy.

This is not to say that I'm not going to upgrade to some better units somewhere down the track, because there are better ones available (for a LOT more money). But, I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with them for the price I paid. Compared to a worn japanese coilover unit, I'd probably take the K sports.

You want to argue with me anymore, bring your car down my neck of the woods and we'll hit some hills. If you can still confidently say my setup is crap afterwards, I'll buy you a Carton.

crazy nanna
21st November 2007, 07:55 AM
2 years no failure plenty of peolple telling me that their shit I must be a stupid.
Maybe I should just listen to all the walking encyclopedias in the forums and take their hear say over my facts.

Thanks for opinions on the coilovers as I wouldn't know about them not being a mechanic an all.
As for the don't drive to the level of no strain..... you are smoking a crack pipe ya know it all.
I'm a grown man my friend not a pimply 16 yo with a computer. Grown some respect and accept that we don't want to be you or be overwelmed by you point of view . I bought the shockies, use the with no problems and I'll continue to use them till they are fucked.Whenever that is.

I just read ( actually read it) the link up on the subject and the dude says himself that the wheel nuts weren't done up properly. Of course that sort of damage is going to happen when the wheels come off. I don't think you can blame the suspension for wheel nuts.

Gunner
21st November 2007, 08:12 AM
fair enough guys but i work on imports, i only kno imports, as i said i have fitted all those shitty brands to cars, and from what my customers complain of, i will no longer fit them to cars, and im not a know all, i have a long way to go before i can even start thinkin that lol. mate and you guys can use your chinese parts, thats up to u. but the fact still is these are budget items full stop. bigger brands are successful for one reason, they work. now i have never fitted a set of k sport coilover to a car from what ive seen of them they look alright but at the end of the day nothin but quality parts should be used, i do understand there are up and comers out there that are making quality equipment, and these usually are the companies that are out tryin to get race cars on the track and trying to prove there product, those cheap dodgey chinese manufacturers arent doin that. they dont care they see a whole in the market they take advantage of it. tell me would u buy a motor built buy a 1st yr apprentice, cause its cheaper, tho itd be slap happy, would u buy it no so why buy inferior parts.
those of u using the parts good luck i hope they work well and dont fuck ya car. but im not a fan i wont use em, i will discourage anyone from usin em, simple as that. u dont like it dont get involved, this thread is about D2 coil overs, they are shit do not fit them to ur car, do not fit any parts to ur car that u have not seen work on another car, let the cheap skates figure out the shit brands so u can buy the best. full fucking stop.

kaibeecee
21st November 2007, 11:09 AM
wait - you use all this unstructured sentencing about inferior chinese products, but then have the nerve to list k-sport as a 'decent, respectable' brand? pahleeeese.

They say they've been in business for 10 years, but sell over 200 models of coilover systems for ranges of cars. wow - they must work fast, and have a hell of a R&D team, or have some great dudes there picking out of ching-chong chinaman catalogues.

the last time i checked, k-sport manufactuer their stuff in china. NOT to mention, they sponsor a 350z owned by fucking Nick Hogan, who even though is the son of Hulk Hogan, has wrecked 4 or 5 cars in his time, and honestly, can't drive for shit. (See US drift footage for proof, how many vipers has he wrecked?)

anyone that sponsors that kid, in my eyes, is full of shit.

Gunner
21st November 2007, 11:46 AM
i never said they were i said they looked well put together from the ones i have seen i have never used never driven a car with them thats what i said, i dont and never have used any part designed and manufactured in china,
and my sentences may be unstructured but thats cause im lazy

riojin
21st November 2007, 12:27 PM
well im e86 is only a cheap thrasher anywayz. ill prolly crash it again before any suspension has the time to go, being chinese or not. BUT i will be buying a new suspension setup and from looking at difference sources i can get a decent TRD setup for cheaper than or as cheap as some D2 chinesies will cost me.

get your front struts converted to coilovers (theres threads on here and toymods about it) by a machinist and buy a decent spring+shock combo for the rear and youll end up about the same price give or take. it just depends on how "willing" the machinist is to do the work to get a decent price for labour.

letsgohunting
21st November 2007, 01:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaibeecee @ Nov 21 2007, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440081)</div>
wait - you use all this unstructured sentencing about inferior chinese products, but then have the nerve to list k-sport as a 'decent, respectable' brand? pahleeeese.

They say they've been in business for 10 years, but sell over 200 models of coilover systems for ranges of cars. wow - they must work fast, and have a hell of a R&D team, or have some great dudes there picking out of ching-chong chinaman catalogues.

the last time i checked, k-sport manufactuer their stuff in china. NOT to mention, they sponsor a 350z owned by fucking Nick Hogan, who even though is the son of Hulk Hogan, has wrecked 4 or 5 cars in his time, and honestly, can't drive for shit. (See US drift footage for proof, how many vipers has he wrecked?)

anyone that sponsors that kid, in my eyes, is full of shit.[/b]

Because your such a fuckin tops pro drifter to the MAXXXZZ LOL!11 that you can look down on someone that has gained entry into USD1 GP by placing high in a qualifying round. Why dont you get your shit ass little car (whatever you drive), go to QR or even better - USA and go qualify for D1 or drift nationals. Once you've done that, come here and slag whoever the fuck you want!

Mind telling me what suspension setup you run in your personal car? I listed mine 2 posts up. I also gave an analysis on how my setup is working. I also said if you want arguing rights to my HANDS ON FIRST TIME experience, as well as CRAZY NANNAS HANDS ON EXPERIENCE, come down to my neck of the woods and see how the hills are run in a car with the cheap crappy poor quality suspension you burn so hard. There are several members on this site that can attest to a certain laurel destroying GTRs and cars worth much more than it, using a MUCH more expensive setup. In the end, the only thing that matters to me is how the car drives. At the moment, with my CRAPPY SHIT ASS K SPORT coilovers, it seems to be doing pretty damn well. Would it be better with a $2000 Tein setup? Probably not. So what are you? A JAYDEE EM fanboy? Can't handle that other companies can make decent parts for much less money? Get over yourself.

letsgohunting
21st November 2007, 01:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riojin @ Nov 21 2007, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440098)</div>
well im e86 is only a cheap thrasher anywayz. ill prolly crash it again before any suspension has the time to go, being chinese or not. BUT i will be buying a new suspension setup and from looking at difference sources i can get a decent TRD setup for cheaper than or as cheap as some D2 chinesies will cost me.

get your front struts converted to coilovers (theres threads on here and toymods about it) by a machinist and buy a decent spring+shock combo for the rear and youll end up about the same price give or take. it just depends on how "willing" the machinist is to do the work to get a decent price for labour.[/b]

I agree that converting the front struts to coilovers using a tokico shock or even an AGX shock is a better setup than running D2s or even Ksports. For the price, you're getting an excellent damper and short stroke setup for pretty much the same money. On the rear you don't need to run coilovers on ae86. Just run a TRD or custom spring and either AGX or HTS damper.

Gunner
21st November 2007, 02:15 PM
im runnin hts coils over set up at the front with hts dampers at the back, and its ten times better than drivin a car with d2s or similar doesnt feel like its floating like the d2 or racing logic do

letsgohunting
21st November 2007, 03:13 PM
I agree that HTS are excellent, but the k sports in my car aren't that far behind. Granted the HTS are better, but if you put the d2s on the bottom of a scale and HTS on the top, my k-sports are on the HTS side of it.

Gunner
21st November 2007, 03:55 PM
fair enough as i said before the k sport coil overs i have seen seem to be built well never having used them i cant say, its all a trial and error thing, what works for some doesnt for others, but the point to all this is dont fit d2 or similar shit to ur car, if u can afford to spend that little bit more do it, and dont run the risk, tho if ur afterr adjustability and have f all funding buy the budget stuff, or save ur money

riojin
21st November 2007, 04:14 PM
just save your money. if you cant afford $1000 for a decent budget suspension setup then dont do up your suspension. if you have that $1000 you can buy better than d2 or similar.

Gunner
21st November 2007, 04:37 PM
yeh i like that theory better, good work riojin

Javal
21st November 2007, 06:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riojin @ Nov 21 2007, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440183)</div>
just save your money. if you cant afford $1000 for a decent budget suspension setup then dont do up your suspension. if you have that $1000 you can buy better than d2 or similar.[/b]

Quoted for truth

puzzigully
21st November 2007, 06:32 PM
the coilover in evs car broke because the car got airborne and landed down on the front left (rear left wheel fell off and went under car)

id be more worried about what happened to the guy somewhere with a white S14

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/158272.jpg

Konakid
21st November 2007, 08:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (letsgohunting @ Nov 21 2007, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440125)</div>
Because your such a fuckin tops pro drifter to the MAXXXZZ LOL!11 that you can look down on someone that has gained entry into USD1 GP by placing high in a qualifying round. Why dont you get your shit ass little car (whatever you drive), go to QR or even better - USA and go qualify for D1 or drift nationals. Once you've done that, come here and slag whoever the fuck you want!

Mind telling me what suspension setup you run in your personal car? I listed mine 2 posts up. I also gave an analysis on how my setup is working. I also said if you want arguing rights to my HANDS ON FIRST TIME experience, as well as CRAZY NANNAS HANDS ON EXPERIENCE, come down to my neck of the woods and see how the hills are run in a car with the cheap crappy poor quality suspension you burn so hard. There are several members on this site that can attest to a certain laurel destroying GTRs and cars worth much more than it, using a MUCH more expensive setup. In the end, the only thing that matters to me is how the car drives. At the moment, with my CRAPPY SHIT ASS K SPORT coilovers, it seems to be doing pretty damn well. Would it be better with a $2000 Tein setup? Probably not. So what are you? A JAYDEE EM fanboy? Can't handle that other companies can make decent parts for much less money? Get over yourself.[/b]

Typical. "If your so much better then go out and do it" Sweet attitude Because he lives in usa does he? His dad has billions of dollars to throw away on him cos his sons latest fad is drifting? Get a grip. Hulk hogan has so much money he doesnt know what do do with it, if anyones got that much money they can do what the fuck they want even if they have minimal skills, you see it all the time in 'money sports'. His son probably cant steer for shit but daddy pays for it all so does he care? No.

It is possible to win D A with D2 coilovers, no one is saying it isnt possible. What we are talking about here are proven, reliable parts that have all been tested in the harshest conditions on race cars for decades from japan. As far as quality of construtcion goes, which is the actual point here, i trust race testing as the harshest conditions available so if its stood up to that punishment then they get my vote. Not your "sik hills setup, beating gtr's testing"

My 71 has destroyed many a more powerful and expensive machinery, but thats not the point. The point is that it will it be able to do that every week for the next 5 years with only a shock replacement? Or will i have to wish for some new coilovers next year at christmas when they are fucked after one year, all because i was a stingy fuck who saved 500 bucks by buying some chinese product that came out of the same factory as my happy meal toys.

"Would it be better with a $2000 Tein setup? Probably not. So what are you? A JAYDEE EM fanboy? Can't handle that other companies can make decent parts for much less money? Get over yourself."

YES it would be better, not "probably not" the answer is yes. Comparing the dampers in the chinese untested, no R and D crap with a reputable, raced and tested coilover company is like comparing a billycart to a porsche, a joke.

"You get what you pay for"

Gunner
21st November 2007, 08:43 PM
can all those fulli sik drivers make their own forum so they can sit there and stroke on to eachother, man i'm glad i kno i cant drift lol fuckin sad cunts, sorry for the language but they deserve it, my old 4g vl berlina with 2gs under the bonnet would take a gtr and im sure with u drivin a gtr my 86 would take u, u monkey, mate ur such a good touge monster how come ur not overseas makin movies or somethin, since ur so fulli sik bro.

good burn kona kid good burn lol

Konakid
21st November 2007, 09:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gunbz-r @ Nov 21 2007, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440343)</div>
good burn kona kid good burn lol[/b]

;)

Tellin it like it is since July 06'.....

letsgohunting
22nd November 2007, 01:03 AM
You guys are seriously pathetic. Not only are you banding together like a little gang of merry retards, you've both probably never driven on a car with the coilovers I am using at current. When the japanese started making cars they were known as crap. In Europe and USA people regarded japanese made stuff as being crap. The Chinese make I'm willing to bet 80% of every single thing you own. They also have one of the largest and quickest growing economies in the world. I realise they do make absolute shit, but some of the stuff they make is also actually very good. Take for instance (in my profession), the new Olympus E-3 pro- Digital SLR. It's made in China. Despite this, it is beautifully solid and well made and pretty much the only digital SLR that is completely water resistant.

I made a direct comparison to previous systems I have owned including the much revered tokico HTS (yes they're excellent) and KYB AGX (personally didn't like). My car handles well with my choice (for now) of suspension which is the K sport coilovers. So far I've had no problems with them at all. If one of the shocks blow or something breaks I'll be the first person to come on here an bitch about them, but basically none of you have conclusive first hand evidence that they do break prematurely or that they are dangerous. I don't claim to be the best hills driver/touge driver/drifter even in my little area, I can think of at least 3 guys in my immediate friends that are better drivers than I, and thats out of the 150 000 or whatever that live on the sunshine coast. What I am saying though, is that having the $2000 set of teins in your car will not make you drift/drive/get laid better/faster/quicker/easier than having a decent set of cheaper coilovers, to a point. As said a million times, I bought the K sports because I thought I'd give them a go. I'd read quite a few user reviews on US websites and they seemed to be different to the D2s which I dislike. D2s have horrible dampening and are unneedingly stiff and underdamped. The K sports in my cars are a whole world better. They feel better than my old worn JICS in my last laurel. They also feel better than the KYB AGX's I had in one of my 86s.

I have had no problems with them so far. They handle well and the dampers are of decent quality. I prefer the feel over KYB AGX which are japanese made shocks. My particular KYB AGXs had a fatal problem with the damper adjustment tuning mechanism. The inner tuning mechanism jammed about 10 days after I got them on the front left damper. THAT has not happened with my Ksports.

I noticed that thread with the d2 coilover that snapped, that wasn't because they are crap quality - that was SHEER MISUSE of the part and it could be expected to be damaged as would any other set of coilovers.

I don't understand how you could argue with what I have said in this thread in any way, I've presented my INFORMED opinion, unlike you monkeys that haven't actually driven on both systems. I'm unbiased and have offered feedback on my experience, not hearsay. I know suspension setups well enough to judge them. My Particular model of suspension is the one you are trying to burn, yet you've probably never driven on them. Neither have you personally seen any of them break or have faults. I HAVE seen a set of KYB AGX break in the adjustment mechanism.

If I can drive quickly in my car, feel safe while doing it and enjoy the experience, the suspension is doing it's job. There are varying degrees of how good it gets, and at some point you have to ask yourself when you can be satisfied with something. I personally would like to invest in a) whiteline poly bushes allround, B)a half cage, c)better rims and tyres consistently d) better seats and e)a 2 way LSD.
By saving a grand over the most basic set of Teins, I'm already on my way into that list. If the Ksports were cap i'd trash them, but they actually surprised me with how capable they are.

How about from now on in this thread we have only people that have HANDS ON PERSONAL experience with the products post, rather than just keyboard warriors trying to act all high and mighty. Has anyone noticed yet that the 2 people that actually have and use the claimed shitty systems have basically nothing bad to say about them?

If you want to argue with any of this, you're a fucking idiot. You cannot tell me my suspension is crap, because you haven't tried it, and I have. I also am able to compare it to the systems that you are lauding. YOU AREN'T.

END OF STORY.

letsgohunting
22nd November 2007, 01:07 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gunbz-r @ Nov 21 2007, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440343)</div>
can all those fulli sik drivers make their own forum so they can sit there and stroke on to eachother, man i'm glad i kno i cant drift lol fuckin sad cunts, sorry for the language but they deserve it, my old 4g vl berlina with 2gs under the bonnet would take a gtr and im sure with u drivin a gtr my 86 would take u, u monkey, mate ur such a good touge monster how come ur not overseas makin movies or somethin, since ur so fulli sik bro.

good burn kona kid good burn lol[/b]

Mate, you have no place to try and burn me. You used to drive a commodore. The only way it would be taking a GTR would be possibly on a dragstrip, and as far as I'm concerned, thats not even worth wasting any more typing on.

Thats all I need to say.

Konakid
22nd November 2007, 01:44 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gunbz-r @ Nov 21 2007, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440026)</div>
fair enough guys but i work on imports, i only kno imports, as i said i have fitted all those shitty brands to cars, and from what my customers complain of, i will no longer fit them to cars, and im not a know all, i have a long way to go before i can even start thinkin that lol. mate and you guys can use your chinese parts, thats up to u. but the fact still is these are budget items full stop. bigger brands are successful for one reason, they work. now i have never fitted a set of k sport coilover to a car from what ive seen of them they look alright but at the end of the day nothin but quality parts should be used, i do understand there are up and comers out there that are making quality equipment, and these usually are the companies that are out tryin to get race cars on the track and trying to prove there product, those cheap dodgey chinese manufacturers arent doin that. they dont care they see a whole in the market they take advantage of it. tell me would u buy a motor built buy a 1st yr apprentice, cause its cheaper, tho itd be slap happy, would u buy it no so why buy inferior parts.
those of u using the parts good luck i hope they work well and dont fuck ya car. but im not a fan i wont use em, i will discourage anyone from usin em, simple as that. u dont like it dont get involved, this thread is about D2 coil overs, they are shit do not fit them to ur car, do not fit any parts to ur car that u have not seen work on another car, let the cheap skates figure out the shit brands so u can buy the best. full fucking stop.[/b]

That isnt first hand to you? This dude has stopped fitting them to cars because so many people have come back and complained to him about how shit they are. As if thats not enough proof?

Fair enough on your experisnces with K Sport but they are still "shiny crap" in my eyes, ill wait to see how they're doing in 2 years. The only non jap brand i have any props for is HSD, as they have been proven time and time again in Australia over the last few years, without breaking or having many warranty issues, that said, i wouldn't buy them, id by proven jap brands anyday. HSD are are made in Korea for what its worth, not china, not that the quality control would be any better.

Ill end my argument with this. Go to google. Type in "Quality Fade". Search for hours. Read was has been written by people in the know. Also go here while your at it, Chinese copy scooters (http://reviews.ebay.com/Scooters-The-Good-The-Bad-and-The-Ugly_W0QQugidZ10000000001886648) This will give you an idea of what outsourcing work does to industry just to gain an extra dollar. It shows how and why the quality is crap on said chinese scooters. This applies to almost all industries and can be related straight to car "modifying" parts, not just coilovers.

Yes the quality of Chinese made products will increase as quality becomes an issue, mainly due to the even cheaper labour offered by countries such as Vietnam. Even then, ill still doubt it.

letsgohunting
22nd November 2007, 03:16 AM
According to the Ksport sites both UK and US, they've been around for 10 years. I've found posts on forums going back 5 that indicate that the owners are happy with them. Also found out they are made in Taiwan, not China.

After searching some US forums, I've decided to post user opinions of Ksports. Note that there was some bad stuff said, but I didn't actually really find anyone that actually HAD a set and said bad stuff about it - thats the most important part.

From 2005*
"'Im unsure about D2, but the Ksport are serviced in the states. I personally have them on my WRX and love them. Driven my friends CRX with them and they're great there too, and another friend who bought them for his 240sx has had nothing but good things to say about them (although I haven't ridden in it or driven it)"

"I have driven a car on a set for the past 3 months. And pushed it hard. For the street and aggresive driving. occasional track. Does the job pretty damn good for me. And it holds up to some of L.A. and hollywoods nastiest streets and freeways to a level that im amazed by. Surpassed my Tein SS in the durability dept."

"They're very high quality IMO. If you're in So Cal, check with the sponsor in my sig. They are the California distributor for Ksport and have it installed on their cars"

In regards to D2 vs Ksport,
"same company= NO!!
Manufactured at the same factory= YES!!
K-sport has disclosed that on other forums*i read it on the 350z forum*, But each company has there input over design and engineering. I have even heard the new Apexi entry level coilovers are made at the same facility*dont quote me*, so if thats the case, what does that say??
All im saying if the product works for the buyer. I could care less. I have driven on them and they did everything for me that my tein SS did, maybe a little more."

"I've got the K-Sports on my 90' EF H/B and I have to say they are the best bang for the buck when it comes to decent coil-overs."

"I have the kports on my EK hatch and I love them with the custom springs rates F=11k and rear=9k great on the track and good for the street with the dampening on a low setting, comparable with the over rated Tein Flex "

"I got my Ksports on yesterday and the ride is kick ass. Blows my friends GC and koni setup out of the water. "

"I've had my ksports since july in my 91 hatch. A little stiff for my taste in street driving but I am super happy with them. Only down side is I accidentlaly tossed the adjustment tools for the dampening :-("

"Very happy with my Ksports using 9/fr and 11/rear rates. This is on a 2g FWD DSM going from Eibach Pro-Kits and AGX shocks. Car feels much stiffer, but not harsh by any means, and ZERO body roll. I still need to play with the adjustments a tad, but overall I'm very happy. "

"All I know is that every customer I have provided Ksports to have never had problems nor have ever complained to me. Not everyone of my customers are also on honda-tech. I sell many setups to guys that race the H4 class who are on a limited budget, as well as many Turbo 4 Drag guys. Courtney Green who runs in the Sport FWD class is going to be my next Sport FWD customer. "

"I recently picked up a set of the Ksport Coilovers and LCA from Andy at BodykitsNW. This thread isnt a shameless BodykitsNW plug, but Andy has excellent customer service and is a pleasure to do business with.
That being said, the coilovers appear to be a quality product. The components were well machined and fit together very nicely. One thing that would have been nice is if the springs were stamped or had a sticker on them to indicate what the spring rates are. The shocks have a nice combo bumpstop/dustboot which seems like a better design than my previous Tein HA and Buddy Club RSD which basically ate the dustboot away after a few thousand miles.

The LCA look identical to just about every other LCA on the market right now, only time will tell how well the bushings hold up after i get some miles on them. The LCA fit nice and snug when mounted to the subframe (UNLIKE my old Megan Racing LCA's that had lots of play and movement).

Driving impression:
I havent put these things under much stress yet, but they will see some good track mileage at the ITR expo in less than 2 weeks. As far as street driving goes they feel great. I have had the damping set to full soft and they have felt solid, but not too harsh. I'm running 11k in the front and 9k in the rear. FYI: the "36 way adjustability" is just 4 complete turns of the adjusting tool...there are no clicks as mentioned before. So far I have no complaints and I will update this as soon as I'm back from Expo5 and give a more thorough report."

And I'm too tired to find more.
11 user accounts in a few minutes searching plus my personal experience = win over some dude who told me his vl commodore can beat a GTR.

Dongaz
22nd November 2007, 04:04 AM
I have had custom springs(6/4kg) and kyb excel g shocks and I have now got the k sport coilovers(7.5/5.5kg) in the 86 and it handles so much better now. ALOT better!! When I was installing them I changed the rears first as as you would all know coilovers make the suspension captive on a live axle car. This improved considerably over the old setup and then when I installed the fronts it improved once again.
I dont mind the stiffness of them on the street and the dampers are of a resonable quality from what I have gathered. I use these on mt runs and I have been out to QR for a track day and I was up there with other cars with the "good jap brand" suspension. I was outhandling them through corners and the only reason why they were getting away was because of the good ol 4ac. This is being changed soon to the 4agte which is in the courtyard so I wont have a problem with power.
I do agree I will change the collar of the front coilover to the koni coilover sleeve kit and weld it on but still in sayin I havent had a problem yet.
When I get into the racing side of things alot more I will see what else is out there that can provide damper bound and rebound adjustability....still searching. When I find that, only then will I fork out the big dollars.
Cheers
Dongaz

Gunner
22nd November 2007, 09:23 AM
thanks kona kid, need anythin let me know

lol guys is there one time i have bagged out k sport, no i said i wouldn't use em, and china has the fastest growin econoy, so what, are they still puttin out toys that are killin our kids, yes they fuckin are. look all of u shut up, wake up to urselves, this thread was so someone could find out whether its worth buyin d2 coilys, its been proven u shouldnt u can but u shouldnt. full fucking stop
and as for racin mountains, how mant times have we watched 86 beat gtrs, evo, wrx's, mr, u name it doesnt mean that the suspension u are using, is the best in the world and itll never fail, and just out of curiousity how many of u build high performance cars for a living? do u deal with these cheap parts everyday, i dont think so. mate i have been doin performance work for nearly 4 yrs(my intire apprenticeship, bag me out for bein an apprentice, i learnt from one of the best shops in the country, so sit on my fat dik) i have een and experienced almost every brand of chinese coil over, most of them in subies, and most people will go back to conventional suspension, due to failures or poor ride quality. as for drivin a commodore, lol i dont, i used to i own one but i dont drive it, it has no motor, its waitin for a 1j mmmm 1j.

and guys get upset cause were baggin out YOUR suspension, thats ur only problem that were raggin on what u think is ur car, im not im baggin chinese parts, cause they lack quality yes it is possible that k sport may be the next big up n comers and good on em, good to see someone attempting to put out quality. but at the end of the day if u run these parts u run the risk. now can we get on to somethin else cause this is gettin sad,

Gunner
22nd November 2007, 09:32 AM
CONCLUSION

Chinese brand parts, lack quality, there are better sytems in the market for close to the same money. We advise you that using only quality parts will benefit u and ur car in the long run. Yes by all means go purchase the lesser quality gear, but u run the risk of premature failure, so we will advise against it. Good luck with it all, hope no one on here see's these failures, it would be a shame to thro that sorta money down the drian

DO NOT PURCHASE CHINESE PARTS, YOU MAY VERY WELL REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RobertoX
22nd November 2007, 09:44 AM
i agree with some of what gun bzr said

brand x susp is better etc etc

to be honest, i have seen kona kid drill people through the hills with cut falcons, now im not going to come on here and say falcons are good but if you can drive well you can drive through any issues

try and steer away from china and support real motorsport brands

most of all have fun!

Do it once do it right or dont do it at all....

kaibeecee
22nd November 2007, 01:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (letsgohunting @ Nov 21 2007, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440125)</div>
Because your such a fuckin tops pro drifter to the MAXXXZZ LOL!11 that you can look down on someone that has gained entry into USD1 GP by placing high in a qualifying round. Why dont you get your shit ass little car (whatever you drive), go to QR or even better - USA and go qualify for D1 or drift nationals. Once you've done that, come here and slag whoever the fuck you want![/b]

let's stand back, and take a look at Nick Hogans "professional" (using that term extremely loosely) driving accomplishments:

Crash #1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8w1kIZ3b2Y

Crash #2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GINeKahrFt0

Crash #3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04P0tT7ghM0

And to think you are defending him? Someone that can't even initiate their car into a slide? The last time I checked, all you need to do to enter Formula-D in the US is do one solitary event, and pay a large sum of money. Which he clearly does well. More money than brains gets you quite far in the US nowadays, incase you haven't noticed.

Why don't you actually research who you defend in the future.

Get over yourself.[/b]

I wont even dignify the rest of the post with an answer, aside from having worked my ass off for a motorsport engineering qualification, and my implicit trust of hipermax units, and the laughable proposition of 'coming to the 'hills and racing' people i've never met isn't really going to make you appear a hero, or acheive shit, is it?

Look, i respect your opinion, you're entitled to it - lets leave it at that.

RobertoX
22nd November 2007, 01:56 PM
^^ just ANOTHER reason america has sold out JDM/drift

letsgohunting
22nd November 2007, 03:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaibeecee @ Nov 22 2007, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440600)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (letsgohunting @ Nov 21 2007, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440125)
Because your such a fuckin tops pro drifter to the MAXXXZZ LOL!11 that you can look down on someone that has gained entry into USD1 GP by placing high in a qualifying round. Why dont you get your shit ass little car (whatever you drive), go to QR or even better - USA and go qualify for D1 or drift nationals. Once you've done that, come here and slag whoever the fuck you want![/b]

let's stand back, and take a look at Nick Hogans "professional" (using that term extremely loosely) driving accomplishments:

Crash #1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8w1kIZ3b2Y

Crash #2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GINeKahrFt0

Crash #3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04P0tT7ghM0

And to think you are defending him? Someone that can't even initiate their car into a slide? The last time I checked, all you need to do to enter Formula-D in the US is do one solitary event, and pay a large sum of money. Which he clearly does well. More money than brains gets you quite far in the US nowadays, incase you haven't noticed.

Why don't you actually research who you defend in the future.

Get over yourself.[/b]

I wont even dignify the rest of the post with an answer, aside from having worked my ass off for a motorsport engineering qualification, and my implicit trust of hipermax units, and the laughable proposition of 'coming to the 'hills and racing' people i've never met isn't really going to make you appear a hero, or acheive shit, is it?

Look, i respect your opinion, you're entitled to it - lets leave it at that.
[/b][/quote]

Fair reply, I apologize for defending that guy. After watching some videos of him drifing in the US d1 it's quite obvious hes actually a pretty shitty driver. I would have thought that the d1US competition would have more heart than letting any retard go and enter with their money, but it appears I was wrong.

I still don't appreciate the slagging of parts that people haven't had personal experience with. Also I don't think that because he uses the coilovers, it means that they're crap
I also wasn't trying to advocate some sort of fast and the furious stupid "race for pink slips" thing with the come drive with my in the hills comment, what was meant was that it is possible and likely that someone with the coilovers you guys are saying are shit is able to drive quicker/better through a determined section of road/track. This is in the end the sole purpose of suspension, and if the cheaper products fulfill this, I have nothing bad to say about them. Neither should you.

Also, the coilovers are actually made in Taiwan, not China. All that chinese quality fade doesn't apply.

unit101
22nd November 2007, 07:40 PM
^^^^ This dude CAN drive, and i think he is in a position to make good judgement on brands of gear seeing as how he has owned a shitload of cool jap cars with varying levels and brands of performance parts.

RobertoX
22nd November 2007, 07:47 PM
and his gf is hot :P

Konakid
23rd November 2007, 12:49 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (letsgohunting @ Nov 22 2007, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440665)</div>
Fair reply, I apologize for defending that guy. After watching some videos of him drifing in the US d1 it's quite obvious hes actually a pretty shitty driver. I would have thought that the d1US competition would have more heart than letting any retard go and enter with their money, but it appears I was wrong.

I still don't appreciate the slagging of parts that people haven't had personal experience with. Also I don't think that because he uses the coilovers, it means that they're crap
I also wasn't trying to advocate some sort of fast and the furious stupid "race for pink slips" thing with the come drive with my in the hills comment, what was meant was that it is possible and likely that someone with the coilovers you guys are saying are shit is able to drive quicker/better through a determined section of road/track. This is in the end the sole purpose of suspension, and if the cheaper products fulfill this, I have nothing bad to say about them. Neither should you.

Also, the coilovers are actually made in Taiwan, not China. All that chinese quality fade doesn't apply.[/b]

I beg to differ that quality fade doesn't occur in other countries besides china...

I believe that is not the only sole purpose for the suspension. What about durability? Quality of construction? I wouldn't buy even the best product if i knew it was only going to work at its best for a short period, i guess this is what im getting at with K Sport.

Then again, maybe they are like HSD, they may actually be a "half" decent product in reality but unless I see R and D and testing in performance parts, they arent going anywhere near my car. This kind of mentality has left me only happy with the products i have bought. I tend to pay the extra for quality, renowned parts that i know will work, not take a gamble on whether they may be decent or not.

letsgohunting
23rd November 2007, 01:13 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KonaKid @ Nov 22 2007, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440990)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (letsgohunting @ Nov 22 2007, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440665)

Also, the coilovers are actually made in Taiwan, not China. All that chinese quality fade doesn't apply.[/b]

I beg to differ that quality fade doesn't occur in other countries besides china...

I believe that is not the only sole purpose for the suspension. What about durability? Quality of construction? I wouldn't buy even the best product if i knew it was only going to work at its best for a short period, i guess this is what im getting at with K Sport.

Then again, maybe they are like HSD, they may actually be a "half" decent product in reality but unless I see R and D and testing in performance parts, they arent going anywhere near my car. This kind of mentality has left me only happy with the products i have bought. I tend to pay the extra for quality, renowned parts that i know will work, not take a gamble on whether they may be decent or not.
[/b][/quote]

Okay, Well if I have a problem with the Ksports in my car, I'll post it on here. I won't argue that they will last because I dont really know. So far they have just broken in and are feeling better than ever. No leaks, no problems and with every week they feel nicer due to the break in process. One advantage to them is the inserts are replaceable.

I shall see. If the coilovers are still working fine in 2 years you owe me an option sticker. :lol:

Gunner
23rd November 2007, 01:38 AM
good to see u understand the point we were makin good work mate

letsgohunting
23rd November 2007, 03:52 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gunbz-r @ Nov 23 2007, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=441010)</div>
good to see u understand the point we were makin good work mate[/b]

The way you were coming through was as if they are shit full stop.

The point I am making is that I have them, they are decent feeling, haven't broke yet, and yes, I don't know how they will last. There is nothing but hearsay about how they last, and most people that have them are happy with them. Innocent until proven guilty. If mine break we can all hold a taiwanese coilover burning party but until then, I'm still saying they're excellent value for money.

If you agree with that, it's all good.

Gunner
23rd November 2007, 09:19 AM
yeh i agree as i been sayin they look alright BUT lol

Konakid
23rd November 2007, 04:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (letsgohunting @ Nov 23 2007, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=441000)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KonaKid @ Nov 22 2007, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440990)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (letsgohunting @ Nov 22 2007, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=440665)

[/b][/quote]

Okay, Well if I have a problem with the Ksports in my car, I'll post it on here. I won't argue that they will last because I dont really know. So far they have just broken in and are feeling better than ever. No leaks, no problems and with every week they feel nicer due to the break in process. One advantage to them is the inserts are replaceable.

I shall see. If the coilovers are still working fine in 2 years you owe me an option sticker. :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Deal! :greenbounce:

rthy
24th November 2007, 01:03 PM
I can see where your frustration is coming from Letsgohunting, I have also had to deal with people that have tried to say what is and isnt right without either trying it themselves or knowing the application which nullifies any comment they say.

As for the coil-overs I cant comment I havent had experience myself but I would avoid D2 just because its lives at stake if something gives. Sounds like the K-sport istn that bad though, but answer me this: are they taiwanese or are they from the D2 factory in china?

driftke70
24th November 2007, 08:16 PM
anyone who says anything about grub screw based coil overs being bad hasnt really put much thought into it. The grub screws are the pretty much to stop it twisting. which with proper coil over springs doesnt happen. and with a pillow ball top mount like they normally have, doesnt happen.

At the end of the day, even if the coil overs are shithouse, which they really arnt. You can take the inserts out at put nice ones in and still pay the same amount and in the end have a better set up.

letsgohunting
25th November 2007, 12:16 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sam_Q @ Nov 24 2007, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=441603)</div>
I can see where your frustration is coming from Letsgohunting, I have also had to deal with people that have tried to say what is and isnt right without either trying it themselves or knowing the application which nullifies any comment they say.

As for the coil-overs I cant comment I havent had experience myself but I would avoid D2 just because its lives at stake if something gives. Sounds like the K-sport istn that bad though, but answer me this: are they taiwanese or are they from the D2 factory in china?[/b]

Looking at the 2 types - The d2 look very similar except for the adjustment mechanism. The Ksports on my car don't use a grub screw, I think its only the 86 models that do. The Ksports use a JIC style strut with thread, and the lower mount is adjustable up and down the thread. The idea behind this is that you can lower the car using the bottom mount on the strut and still have full suspension travel - an excellent idea IMO.

I know the Ksports are made in taiwan but I'm pretty sure to be honest its from the same or similar components as d2. Having driven in a few silvias/cefiros with D2s and my laurel with Ksports, I feel that the Ksports have much better dampers in them - much more control. The d2 damper would be okay for a smooth road like a track, but on the street lacks control. Makes the car really bouncy and occasionally feel like it's "floating". My Ksports rival the cheaper japanese coilovers in feel.

RobertoX
26th November 2007, 01:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AE86-REAR-COILOVERS...bayphotohosting (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AE86-REAR-COILOVERS-D2_W0QQitemZ160184335282QQihZ006QQcategoryZ55436QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosti ng)

Bustin_86
26th November 2007, 01:44 PM
^^^ Only slightly shagged, still perfectly useable!

Rofl.

Gunner
26th November 2007, 02:10 PM
lol, ill buy them, they can go wth my totally usabe leaking used condom lol,

Touge Boy
1st January 2008, 03:06 PM
Ev's car actually crashed because he didnt tighten up his bolt on spacer properly and the wheel came off. Had nothing to do with the coilovers.

I use Silk Road/Section RMA8's in my R31, Ive installed a cheap set of G4's into a mates, and seriously, the difference between the two is literally chalk and cheese.

His G4's fucked out within 3 months, but then he got another set on warranty, and hasnt had a problem 8 months or so later.

So I think maybe a lot of the failures are due to lax manufacturing processes/quality control.

Even still, they are pretty shit.

My RMA8'S use 10KG fronts and 8 KG'S rears, with the dampner wound right up, and I thrash the shit out of it. And they havent complained once.

G4's have fully sick 38 billionty way dampner adjustability, where as my RMA8's have simple 8 way setup. And guess which works better?

At the end of the day though, people will still use them, regardless of how shit we say they are. I know where Ill be spending my coin though.

by the way, I wish to purchase a set of D2's for me new ke70, where can I buy some?

:lol: