PDA

View Full Version : 4agze Turbo

Mr Fujiwara
23rd December 2007, 04:38 PM
hey guys,

ive got a 4agze turbo which is curretly being rebuilt, i fall under new P plate restrictions for VIC and i was originally planning to sell my car but i am now considering swapping my rebuilt GZE with all accessories (Turbo 3"inch Dump + full exhaust, ECU, FMIC, Piping) for a N/A 4age, modified or not with appropriate cash adjustment.

some specs:

· Series II 4AGZE (AFM + CAS) running factory GZE ECU
· KKK 26 350hp Turbo, I believe it is from an Alfa Romeo Alfetta 2.0 (ball bearing)
· 35mm External Wastegate (running on 6psi)
· Tuned Length Manifold (heat wrapped)
· 3" Mandrel Stainless Exhaust from turbo, Resonator and Cat (front 1/3 heat wrapped)
· Large FMIC 600mm x 400mm x 80mm
· VN Throttle Body 75mm (no Idle control valve or switch)

block was cleaned, and honed, new Bearings, and pistons rings installed. New water and oil pump Head was disassembled, shaved, cleaned and rebuilt.

this engine package could easily give around 140rw kw plus

I DO NOT YET HAVE THE ENGINE BACK

PM me if you're interested.

Sparkle86
23rd December 2007, 05:03 PM
Has the setup been running in a car before the rebuild, or is it an unfinished project kind of deal?

Mr Fujiwara
23rd December 2007, 05:11 PM
yep yep yep,

it was in the car running all good for several months, then it blew up (detonation) (i belive this was from modified fuel lines causing one injector to struggle for fuel at high RPM), melted one piston badly, thats when i bought the car, (march) car was sold on this site.

but the engine has a 4age block (stock bore), with all the GZE everything else including 2 new pistons i had to get (gze forgies).

Edit: injectors have been rebuilt and dodgy lines fixed up, so thier should be no issues with fuel.

Sparkle86
23rd December 2007, 05:35 PM
What sort of money are you talking, considering a swap of a standard RWD bigport 4AG?

Mr Fujiwara
23rd December 2007, 06:14 PM
i am not completely sure what money im wanting for it just yet, i need to see how much its going to cost me all up *the rebuild*

i will consider any 4age as im wanting to make my car N/A, other things id be interesting in grabbing of possible buyers is T series rear end, or welded S series, suspension items etc.

i am planning to set my car up for sliding *the track of corse* so you all know the things id be looking for.

i probablywould consider straight swaps for modified 4ages, including things like ehxausts since you guys wont be needing it if you get all the stuff off me.

DRFTAE86
23rd December 2007, 06:56 PM
PM sent.

Mr Fujiwara
23rd December 2007, 07:20 PM
DRFTAE86: PM replied

TRD_86
23rd December 2007, 11:34 PM
would u be thinkin carbd 4ag? if so pm me

Mr Fujiwara
24th December 2007, 01:39 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRD_86 @ Dec 23 2007, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=457234)</div>
would u be thinkin carbd 4ag? if so pm me[/b]

well after attempting, for quite some time, to drift my little daily driver GC Chrysler Galant with a big weber, i have grown to dislike carbys "response" compared to EFI (could be poor setup ive got nothing to compare to), may still be interested, is this just a stocko 4age (small or big port) with carbs on it?

TRD_86
24th December 2007, 10:06 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Fujiwara @ Dec 24 2007, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=457272)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRD_86 @ Dec 23 2007, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=457234)
would u be thinkin carbd 4ag? if so pm me[/b]

well after attempting, for quite some time, to drift my little daily driver GC Chrysler Galant with a big weber, i have grown to dislike carbys "response" compared to EFI (could be poor setup ive got nothing to compare to), may still be interested, is this just a stocko 4age (small or big port) with carbs on it?
[/b][/quote]

head been decked and bored out, waiting on some suitable cams to come on forsale, no lift just longer duration. ohh and is a smallport

muldog86
26th December 2007, 10:36 AM
PM'd

Mr Fujiwara
8th January 2008, 03:34 PM
BUMPY BUMP BUMP

i will require $450 plus an engine for these swaps, as the engine rebuild has cost me this much.

any other items ontop of an engine will obviously bring down the cash adjustments.

wheels, tyres (14s and 15s) will be considered too!

DRFTAE86
8th January 2008, 04:53 PM
So you now the rebuilt engine back?

Mr Fujiwara
8th January 2008, 06:50 PM
the engine is done it just needs to come home, (coming back from wodonga) will consider $1500 sale for engine+ECU+loom+exhaust+intercooler and everything required for it to run.

tube & fin cooler, home made plumbing (works a treat looks so-so, BMC filter, 3inch stainless mandrel bent exhaust, external wastegate) ill be sorry to see all this go without ever knowing what it was like to drive :unsure:

TRD_86
8th January 2008, 10:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Fujiwara @ Jan 8 2008, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=465141)</div>
the engine is done it just needs to come home, (coming back from wodonga) will consider $1500 sale for engine+ECU+loom+exhaust+intercooler and everything required for it to run.

tube & fin cooler, home made plumbing (works a treat looks so-so, BMC filter, 3inch stainless mandrel bent exhaust, external wastegate) ill be sorry to see all this go without ever knowing what it was like to drive :unsure:[/b]

u keen for carbs?

Mr Fujiwara
8th January 2008, 11:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
u keen for carbs?[/b]

hate to sound like an ass, but not particuarly, i know it would be making good power and everything but i dont know about them, its just not for me at the moment i dont think, BUT mind you if other offers i have had dont work out i'll be in touch.

static
9th January 2008, 04:33 PM
Hey mate..."dont want to be an arse" but I dont think carbs would be for you if your worried about the law anyway as 'THE MAN' tends not to look to kindly on those who take a clean burning fuel injection system off a motor and replace it with a pair of dirty old carbs.

Not trying to ruin anyones dreams as I have a carb set up myself and thought you might be keen on doing a swap...but I dont think spending the entirety of your time on your p plates dodging the po is really what you have in mind

Mr Fujiwara
9th January 2008, 04:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hilltop_hoodlum @ Jan 9 2008, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=465617)</div>
Hey mate..."dont want to be an arse" but I dont think carbs would be for you if your worried about the law anyway as 'THE MAN' tends not to look to kindly on those who take a clean burning fuel injection system off a motor and replace it with a pair of dirty old carbs.

Not trying to ruin anyones dreams as I have a carb set up myself and thought you might be keen on doing a swap...but I dont think spending the entirety of your time on your p plates dodging the po is really what you have in mind[/b]

thats definately a large factor with my ae86 plans, i would like the engine to look as un-modifed as possible, with RWD plenum and shit, as to no draw any attention towards it, and the ra60 LCAs will do the camber for me without looking like anythings modified "but officer i just hit a curb parking, i need to get a wheel alignment" haha

but yes, anyone with 4age small or big port, which looks RWD-ish i will consider your engines!

skin
9th January 2008, 05:27 PM
Cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap

Buy this crap

Or buy it all seperate and spend 3k

Tyrie
9th January 2008, 06:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skin @ Jan 9 2008, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=465640)</div>

Buy this crap

Or buy it all seperate and spend 3k[/b]

yeah i agree, I spent $1500 on a turbo 4age, with no loom, ecu, cooler piping, exhaust etc, with a spun bearing because it was still cheaper than putting it together myself.

TRD_86
9th January 2008, 10:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Fujiwara @ Jan 8 2008, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=465336)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
u keen for carbs?[/b]

hate to sound like an ass, but not particuarly, i know it would be making good power and everything but i dont know about them, its just not for me at the moment i dont think, BUT mind you if other offers i have had dont work out i'll be in touch.
[/b][/quote]
no dramas mate, gl with sale. if i had a spare 1500 for my 86, id snap it up right away. bargin for wat u get

skin
9th January 2008, 10:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tyrie @ Jan 9 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=465686)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skin @ Jan 9 2008, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=465640)

Buy this crap

Or buy it all seperate and spend 3k[/b]

yeah i agree, I spent $1500 on a turbo 4age, with no loom, ecu, cooler piping, exhaust etc, with a spun bearing because it was still cheaper than putting it together myself.
[/b][/quote]

i payed 1k for short motor rebuilt

1.5 for ecu

1k for turbo setup (everything to do with turbo)

1500 CHEAPP

Mr Fujiwara
10th January 2008, 04:38 PM
if its so cheap why am i getting no PMs!!

i figure its coz no one (me included) has $1500 lying around

i want this gone fellas because i need to get my sprinter on the road

BooBiEzzZz
10th January 2008, 06:02 PM
you have a pm
^_^

skin
10th January 2008, 06:38 PM
expensive stuff always takes longer to sell when its being sold in a povo market

TRD_86
10th January 2008, 11:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skin @ Jan 10 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=466376)</div>
expensive stuff always takes longer to sell when its being sold in a povo market[/b]

so so true, sums up everything!!! :lol:

DRFTAE86
10th January 2008, 11:27 PM
Pm sent.

dustyae86
11th January 2008, 07:45 AM
sounds prety god, but prefer going sr... then you get a stronger box too... poor t-50 couldn't handle it, pretty good price though guys

Todd
11th January 2008, 12:56 PM
hey mate u dont happen to have the old sc12 lying around do you?

RyGuy86
11th January 2008, 01:34 PM
You have PM

stuartgze
11th January 2008, 03:29 PM
hey mate would you ship it it sydney.

choonga
11th January 2008, 03:54 PM
has the engine been run at all? hub dyno? any kind of figures?

toyota2cam
11th January 2008, 06:02 PM
i have a fresh rebilt 100kw small port only done not even 1000km since rebild
i would be lookin at a strait swap if your keen?

Mr Fujiwara
11th January 2008, 06:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (todd @ Jan 11 2008, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=466837)</div>
hey mate u dont happen to have the old sc12 lying around do you?[/b]

nup, i didnt originally make up this engine, i bought it blown and rebuilt it.

Mr Fujiwara
11th January 2008, 06:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toyota2cam @ Jan 11 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467028)</div>
i have a fresh rebilt 100kw small port only done not even 1000km since rebild
i would be lookin at a strait swap if your keen?[/b]

may be close to, if you have some other goodies i can use then even higher chance, i have a nice offer from someone on here for a bigport with 7-rib, rebuilt a while back, welded diff with a bit of cash.

hope that helps out with your question, PM me a price, or other things you have if you're still interested

toyota2cam
11th January 2008, 07:46 PM
well it comes with loom allready hooked up in a rwd car has all the jdm rwd water pump gear alt as well cut and shut intake crome cam covers and a extreme clutch kit less that 1000kms old ive spend a heap on this motor so im just after a swap if your keen

choonga
12th January 2008, 04:04 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (choonga @ Jan 11 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=466938)</div>
has the engine been run at all? hub dyno? any kind of figures?[/b]
Yes? No? I'm very interested mate...

Mr Fujiwara
12th January 2008, 04:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (choonga @ Jan 12 2008, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467253)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (choonga @ Jan 11 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=466938)
has the engine been run at all? hub dyno? any kind of figures?[/b]
Yes? No? I'm very interested mate...
[/b][/quote]

engine has not been run, will need to be broken in.

engine was running before build, one piston was destroyed but it still ran.

no power figures except what one can expect from a Ball Bearing Turbo'd GZE

eric86
12th January 2008, 07:02 PM
I can vouch for the quality of toyota2cam's rebuilt rwd smallport if you are considering it, certainly no corners cut. The cut/shut inlet manifold is also neat since he is a welder by trade, it has all the RWD gear from a genuine AE86 4age to! i think the clutch is brand new to and not cheap!

Mr Fujiwara
13th January 2008, 04:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ae93_sx @ Jan 12 2008, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467491)</div>
I can vouch for the quality of toyota2cam's rebuilt rwd smallport if you are considering it, certainly no corners cut. The cut/shut inlet manifold is also neat since he is a welder by trade, it has all the RWD gear from a genuine AE86 4age to! i think the clutch is brand new to and not cheap![/b]

thanks man, i think possibly if i was to consider this swap i would keep my flywheel and clutch, as its a 3puck button which has done 300km, and you're friend would be able to keep his clutch and flywheel.

i should be getting pics up and a list of exact details of whats been done in the build half way thru this coming week.

cheers guys

Brendo
13th January 2008, 09:53 AM
bargain neesan eater setup

choonga
13th January 2008, 07:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Fujiwara @ Jan 13 2008, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467644)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ae93_sx @ Jan 12 2008, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467491)
I can vouch for the quality of toyota2cam's rebuilt rwd smallport if you are considering it, certainly no corners cut. The cut/shut inlet manifold is also neat since he is a welder by trade, it has all the RWD gear from a genuine AE86 4age to! i think the clutch is brand new to and not cheap![/b]

thanks man, i think possibly if i was to consider this swap i would keep my flywheel and clutch, as its a 3puck button which has done 300km, and you're friend would be able to keep his clutch and flywheel.

i should be getting pics up and a list of exact details of whats been done in the build half way thru this coming week.

cheers guys
[/b][/quote]
So still up for sale then?! Hit me back man!

Mr Fujiwara
14th January 2008, 06:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (choonga @ Jan 13 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467985)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Fujiwara @ Jan 13 2008, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467644)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ae93_sx @ Jan 12 2008, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=467491)

cheers guys
[/b][/quote]
So still up for sale then?! Hit me back man!
[/b][/quote]

well its just at the moment im already discussing a sale with someone who i guess "beat you to it" so to speak, but if this does fall through the engine will be back up for sale.