PDA

View Full Version : No Fuel Day

frosty
6th February 2008, 07:35 PM
No Fuel Day

Please copy and send via email to all your contacts

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN AUSTRALIA DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A
NET LOSS OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE FRIDAY FEBRUARY 22nd HAS BEEN FORMALLY
DECLARED ‘STICK IT UP THEIR ASS DAY' AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLYAS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE
PRICES? IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED LONG AGO?

THE PRICES JUST KEEP GOING UP AND WE NEED TO STOP IT

PETROL PRICES ARE CAUSING OTHER EFFECTS; AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, AS ARE TRUCKING COMPANIES. THIS INCREASES PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING,
BUILDING SUPPLIES MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO! WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO
EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND
MAKE
FEBRUARY 22nd
THE DAY CITIZENS OF AUSTRALIA SAY 'ENOUGH IS ENOUGH'

Klutch
6th February 2008, 07:36 PM
Won't happen.

Sherlock
6th February 2008, 07:41 PM
Would be cool if it did though...meh I'll play my part.

dr1ft-pig
6th February 2008, 07:53 PM
ill do it

ill fill up the day b4 haha

riojin
6th February 2008, 07:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Klutch @ Feb 6 2008, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481510)</div>
Won't happen.[/b]
true. but I'm gonna try anyway. some people whos business and lives depend on getting fuel each day for transport reasons (like truckies and the people they work for) will have too.

JoshKE
6th February 2008, 08:00 PM
problem is unless everyone doesn't drive that day either than the same amount of fuel will be consumed and hence sold...

How would you like it if the petrol stations all decided "fuck you, we're all gunna not open on the XXth of XXX"

pretty screwed if you needed them (ie live by the sword, die by the sword)

Klutch
6th February 2008, 08:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riojin @ Feb 6 2008, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481527)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Klutch @ Feb 6 2008, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481510)
Won't happen.[/b]
true. but I'm gonna try anyway. some people whos business and lives depend on getting fuel each day for transport reasons (like truckies and the people they work for) will have too.
[/b][/quote]
Its almost impossible to get things like these started, because people don't listen, and a chain letter on the internet DEFINITELY won't get people to listen.
It wont happen, because you won't be able to get enough people to even make a dent in it.

There are MILLIONS of people all across Australia, and this chain letter will get what? 1000 people?
It won't make a dent.

hilton
6th February 2008, 08:19 PM
shut the fuck up dude you will be one of th eones winging when theres no fuel.

F31N7
6th February 2008, 08:21 PM
australia has it pretty good, i don't know why people complain so much. i mean at least we aren't paying 2+ dollars per litre...

Klutch
6th February 2008, 08:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HiLtOn @ Feb 6 2008, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481550)</div>
shut the fuck up dude you will be one of th eones winging when theres no fuel.[/b]
What? Because i'm being realistic and know nothing will change?

A chain letter won't get enough people to make a dent, it's stupid.

Sherlock
6th February 2008, 08:38 PM
There's being realistic and then there's being straight up negative...

Klutch
6th February 2008, 08:44 PM
Think what you want, i'm not here to stop you from doing what you think is right.
I'm just saying that it won't be a big impact, as hardly anyone will do it.

People talk it, but they don't do it, is pretty much what it comes down too.

Fozz
6th February 2008, 08:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Klutch @ Feb 6 2008, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481559)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HiLtOn @ Feb 6 2008, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481550)
shut the fuck up dude you will be one of th eones winging when theres no fuel.[/b]
What? Because i'm being realistic and know nothing will change?

A chain letter won't get enough people to make a dent, it's stupid.
[/b][/quote]

man ur negative whats so stupid about it

ill play my part

maxhag
6th February 2008, 08:47 PM
iam with Klutch on this one.

this is a waste of time..

It just means your gonna buy the fuel the day before or the day after. It's still the same consumption.....

In england, ireland etc..... they currently pay about $2.50 a litre. and yet we all winge about $1.50 p/litre.

I work in the food delivery industry and i can tell you now, no boss is gonna do this.

rthy
6th February 2008, 08:49 PM
yea they will 4.6billion on days then make 9.2 the next lol

Driftspec
6th February 2008, 10:19 PM
Its a Friday... people will still buy petrol, whether they want to participate in this or not

Can I just say that this is the upteenth time this has been tried, and no time did it work. Its a long shot, but the return isn't going to be anything, sadly.

If you want to make a difference, create a petition and send it to the ACCC, as they are currently investigating the methods used by fuel companies to determine the price of fuel at each servo. If enough people make a concentrated noise (at the right places) it will then make a difference, rather than a vague internet chain email.

hilton
6th February 2008, 10:42 PM
least were guna do somethign about it.

stead of shutting down anything that sceems like it may help.

fucken guna be good to laugh in your faces when it works fucken awesome.

Klutch
6th February 2008, 10:54 PM
:rolleyes:

driftke70
6th February 2008, 11:14 PM
funny thing about petrol prices is that it takes one day for the price in oil to effect the price in servos, but the time it would take for that oil to actually even remotely effect the price of the petrol would be months at least, and it doesnt effect the price the service station has ALREADY paid to fill their tanks up.

TrackRona
6th February 2008, 11:26 PM
hey for me its no fuel day EVERYDAY! :2thumbs: its so expensive, i basically just go for sunday drives now. and itd be awesome if that no fuel day actuallly worked.

riojin
6th February 2008, 11:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (driftke70 @ Feb 6 2008, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481696)</div>
funny thing about petrol prices is that it takes one day for the price in oil to effect the price in servos, but the time it would take for that oil to actually even remotely effect the price of the petrol would be months at least, and it doesnt effect the price the service station has ALREADY paid to fill their tanks up.[/b]

thats so true. everyone should be like this old guy who owns the only fuel station in my town (well half like him). he buys fuel for the month and it stays the same price for the whole month until he next buys fuel again. he always makes himself earn a certain amount of cash on top and no more.

hes good that way but hes bad in the way that his fuel is always about 10-15c more expensive than going to the next town which is 5mins away.

DRFTPG
7th February 2008, 10:59 AM
good idea but it wouldn't really work because the petrol stations already have the fuel in their tanks so therefore the fuel is already bought off the oil companys?

anyways ill probably do it anyway just to say iv done my bit

Gullie
7th February 2008, 10:59 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HiLtOn @ Feb 6 2008, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481668)</div>
least were guna do somethign about it.

stead of shutting down anything that sceems like it may help.

fucken guna be good to laugh in your faces when it works fucken awesome.[/b]

Thats not doing anything about it. It wont affect the companies at all. wont change a thing,.........

It's just a pathetic attempt.

Fuel is already cheap in our country.

Driftspec
7th February 2008, 09:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (driftke70 @ Feb 6 2008, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=481696)</div>
funny thing about petrol prices is that it takes one day for the price in oil to effect the price in servos, but the time it would take for that oil to actually even remotely effect the price of the petrol would be months at least, and it doesnt effect the price the service station has ALREADY paid to fill their tanks up.[/b]

Very true

The criminal part of it, is that when world oil prices rise (not the Singapore price, which is what Australian pricing is based off), the local price rises dramatically, yet when it recedes (or the Singapore price goes down) the local price at the pump stays at the same price.

The other reason it won't work as intended, is that it will only hurt the local servo operators. They only make 1 or 2 cents (if they are lucky) on each fuel sale. Its the fuel companies that make the bulk of the money, they decide when prices go up at the pump, and they reap the rewards.

I don't want to be negative or pessimistic - hey, if it works, it works. But knowing a little about what goes on behind the scenes at a servo, gives a good indication that this won't work, and other means would be a better bet.

puzzigully
7th February 2008, 09:32 PM
what a retarded idea

everyone will just buy petrol the day before or the day after

but i guess common sence plays no role in FIGHTIN' THE MAYN

AO86
7th February 2008, 09:48 PM
lol this is a joke there is no way even if every1 didn't use petrol in thier cars for 2 days won't make a differences
when i worked at sydney international terminal i'd 100, 000 tonne of avtur a day just me
i think its close to a million tonne a day goes through there tonne not litres
what we use in cars is fuk all

callum1
7th February 2008, 11:11 PM
for reference thats 100 000 000 litres. i think

orrrr 1x10 to the 8

i can do maths me

Konakid
8th February 2008, 03:21 PM
It wont work! Its been duscussed many times in magazines years ago. It will make it more expensive if anything.

Our fuel is fucking cheap anyway, whats the problem?