PDA

View Full Version : anyone posted a pedalbox before?

Nic19
6th May 2009, 11:30 PM
just need to know what size box they fit in n roughly what they weigh.
cheers
nic

Dave
7th May 2009, 02:04 AM
lots of bubble wrap, tape it, put in plastic bag, tape it up again, then stick the address on the bag and send

todd
7th May 2009, 02:16 AM
its reeeealy not that hard. if you have ever owned a car, approximate the size of the things near your feet (minus accel obviously), and imagine it in a box.

i have posted a pedal box before and they really aren't as much as a drama as some people make them out to be.

do as Dave said. wrap the shit up in plenty of bubble wrap. sticky tape. twine. (etc etc) and put it in a black garbage bag, seal it off completely. print out paper with address of delivery and sticky tape to outside. sticky tape return address to back.

at a guess i would say 25x50x60cm-ish should fit one in fine. but again, do your own guesstimates.
if you wanted to fit it into a smaller carton/package, you could always separate the pedals from the 'box' too.
all up its not going to weight more than 5kgs. less than one alloy wheel. so lets say no more than $25 via Aus. post?

not trying to offend anyone, but the amount of spoon feeding here seems to have increased lately. (just a thought)

hope i could help.

Nic19
7th May 2009, 07:39 AM
dont see how its spoon feeding, but anyway. just thought i would see if anyone had rough weight and dimensions.

ke70dave
7th May 2009, 11:39 AM
not trying to offend anyone, but the amount of spoon feeding here seems to have increased lately. (just a thought)

damn straight...

find a box that it fits in, wrap it up good. take it to a post office with the address. and they will tell you how much it is..and if you arent happy with the price what are you gonna do? pay it thats right cuase you dont have any choice.

or better yet, get on the ausi post website, measure it yourself and weight the thing youreslf . and it will tell you the price.

http://www.auspost.com.au/

Mickey H
7th May 2009, 05:38 PM
I just used a aus post cardboard box, second biggest one they had. fitted with a bit of 'modifications' (wrapping the whole box up in packing tape). Weighed about 5 kilos (don't quote me on this it was 6 months ago), i paid 25$ to have it sent registered, but all that depends on destination etc. Australia post have a calculator on their website, best off using that.

Nic19
7th May 2009, 05:42 PM
thanks mickey h. the thing is its still in the car. pulling it out this weekend

todd
7th May 2009, 05:45 PM
exactly what i said and i got no thank you's? lol
goodluck nic :)

matt99
7th May 2009, 06:03 PM
If an item is oddly shaped (i.e. non-cube) you should always try to bubble wrap it where possible. That way Aussie post dont "cube" the item and only charge you on the weight of the item instead. It usually works out cheaper this way.

Think it cost me between $10 and $15 to send one from Melbourne to Adelaide.

driftke70
7th May 2009, 07:53 PM
i sent an email once, couldnt be much harder?

starni_boy
7th May 2009, 09:27 PM
i sent an email once, couldnt be much harder?

This one time I rang a company, I was so nervous I didn't know what to say so I hung up.

I giggled like a little girl afterwards.

Matt-AE86
8th May 2009, 03:28 PM
dont see how its spoon feeding, but anyway. just thought i would see if anyone had rough weight and dimensions.

No, it is. This isn't year 1 we we have to ask the teacher how to cut out a shape.

Doesn't matter what it is. you use your commen sense.

Weather you are sending a clock, basketball, baby crib, watever.

Maybe one tip that you could use though is removing the arm from the assembely to make it a more simpler package.

GEMTA22
8th May 2009, 04:18 PM
Whats the size limit for aus post.
Like to get a bodykit shipped over to Sydney from Melbourne.

slydar
8th May 2009, 05:45 PM
go to the aus post site its there.

you wont be able to post a kit though. no way.

corey70
8th May 2009, 06:25 PM
cant post anything bigger than 1 metre by aus post i think it is..

wen i got my pedal box in the mail it had been dis-assembled and wrapped upt in bubble wrap with lots of tape and then wrapped in black plastic with a label with the details on it..