PDA

View Full Version : Hmm Toda or Fidanza

Vezza
8th May 2008, 03:28 PM
Theres a couple of flywheels for sale, a 2nd hand Toda 3.7kg chromoly and a new Fidanza 3.6kg 2 piece Aluminium with steel insert.
If I were to buy the Toda one and resurface it, it would be just as much as buying the new Fidanza flywheel... so the cost is equal.

I've heard and read all the debates about Alum VS Chromo... and theres plenty of bias towards both! I'm finding it really difficult to choose between them.
On the one hand I want the Toda, cos quite a few people have them and love them, plus it's made of chromo and normally retails for twice as much as a Fidanza.

On the other hand the Fidanza is new and I can simply resurface the steel insert and change them when they're dead, as opposed to the Toda which may only be resurfaced a few times.

So... anyone with any suggestions?

RobertoX
8th May 2008, 03:37 PM
toda or cusco everytime

ghetto ke
8th May 2008, 03:38 PM
No question - get TODA not Fraudanza! Cromo will be far stronger and more reliable even if you have to get it refaced (as you should anyway whenever you replace a clutch) and will last longer than you think! 3.7kg is still hella light too and at least you know with TODA you get a proven product not some wannabe.

Vezza
8th May 2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah... just found a post on another forum... where a few had Fidanza's break on them, not the kinda thing you want happening, especially over 7000rpm! I like my feet where my mummy and daddy made them.

rthy
8th May 2008, 04:47 PM
wouldn't it only cost like $30 to get surfaced?

choom78
8th May 2008, 06:57 PM
Of those two options, I would choose toda.

In fact, theres one in my car right now :P I find my clutch is noisey. If I were to do it again, I would get it surface machined, then balanced, then check for runout.

enjoy the free revviness.

Vezza
8th May 2008, 11:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sam_Q @ May 8 2008, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=528269)</div>
wouldn't it only cost like $30 to get surfaced?[/b]

Yep, which would make it the same price as the Fidanza.