PDA

View Full Version : Fuel regulators ..

loc33e
11th May 2008, 06:01 PM
i have a problem with my fuel system .. I'm running a bosc 044 fuel pump and its pumping way to much fuel into my motor

which i think floods it. The standard pressure of a 4AGE is roughly 205kPa to 265 kPa i think but wen i go to check mine with a

fuel pressure gauge, the needle sits on the pin that stops it from goin round again.

if i was to get a fuel regulator am i able to adjust the fuel pressure back to standard? and where would i go to purchase one?

located in syd.

anyways cheers for reading any help is appreciated !

slide86
11th May 2008, 06:29 PM
is your current reg operating ok?

do you have the vacumn line hooked up correctly.

the reg will be fully open at idle, allowing almost all the fuel back to the tank.

it seems werid that there is that much pressure there.

how are you connecting the gauge into the system? it should be 'T' eed into the feed side. not just put straight onto the feed line

RobertoX
11th May 2008, 08:23 PM
Standard puel pressure reg should be fine for most applications. High pressure might be caused by a blockage in the return line or an undersized fuel line (especially for a pump capable of higher flow). What size is your return line? When I did my 4age conversion I used the fuel breather line on the 4ac setup for the return because it was larger...

yoshimitsu9
12th May 2008, 02:36 PM
somthing is malfunctioning on your fuel system. i run an 044 on standard fuel lines and standard fuel reg. i get great economy from this setup