PDA

View Full Version : HKS supercharger kit

Corolla86
26th May 2008, 09:08 PM
hey guys bought this with a unfinished project but have decided to go turbo so if any one wants this go for gold have been told they are worth $1500+ second hand but i think $1100 with a big port head minus cams, caps and cam covers, there are more photos in the technical chat on this forum.

Ps i recieved a pm from "slider" informing me about the head being pretty much usless. This is correct the cam caps and shims are individually matched so the head is just for dummy shots, thanks and sorry for not putting that up.

4door
26th May 2008, 09:41 PM
i am GUESSING this is used to supercharge NA 4age engine ??

is that corect ??

Corolla86
27th May 2008, 12:21 PM
you tell me mate sorry i don't know much about these engines its a whole new world :2thumbs:

rallystanza
27th May 2008, 05:16 PM
Has it been determined if its for the Bigport or Smallport verion of the 4AG/ZE?

Nikkojoe
27th May 2008, 06:04 PM
In the other thread it says bigport head

Corolla86
27th May 2008, 06:10 PM
well its on a bigport head can take photos if you want of the head

Corolla86
27th May 2008, 06:18 PM
there is a photo of inside the ports

4door
27th May 2008, 07:24 PM
i am still trying to work out if it is somekind of upgrade kit for a 4agZe engine...

or...

if it is a kit to supercharge a naturally aspirated 4age.

this is an interesting parts.

Corolla86
27th May 2008, 07:27 PM
well i would have thought a upgrade kit cause why supercharge a n/a motor you would have to change a fair bit of stuff

slydar
27th May 2008, 07:51 PM
actually, from what i can see, it suits a stock ae86 engine. and so it will definately be to suit big port.

you will notice it has a water neck included, you can see in the pics it has provision for the bypass pipe for the stock ae86 4age water pump set up.

also, the way it is all mounted, would easily clear the the standard jdm ae86 water pump/alternator configuration.

it might be a superior charger to the gze, and so you might make more power, but to me its pretty obvious its meant to be applied to a standard engine jdm ae86 engine.

the CR on the big port is only 9.7:1, which wouldn't present any problems.

also, it doesnt look like its possible to run an inter cooler, as the sc mounts directly to the intake manifold, so whoever buys this should keep that in mind, as its not the type of thing you would butcher to run one, would be better of starting with a standard gze.

Corolla86
28th May 2008, 05:33 PM
yeah don't buy this

4door
28th May 2008, 05:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slydar @ May 27 2008, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=537507)</div>
actually, from what i can see, it suits a stock ae86 engine. and so it will definately be to suit big port.

you will notice it has a water neck included, you can see in the pics it has provision for the bypass pipe for the stock ae86 4age water pump set up.

also, the way it is all mounted, would easily clear the the standard jdm ae86 water pump/alternator configuration.

it might be a superior charger to the gze, and so you might make more power, but to me its pretty obvious its meant to be applied to a standard engine jdm ae86 engine.

the CR on the big port is only 9.7:1, which wouldn't present any problems.

also, it doesnt look like its possible to run an inter cooler, as the sc mounts directly to the intake manifold, so whoever buys this should keep that in mind, as its not the type of thing you would butcher to run one, would be better of starting with a standard gze.[/b]
interesting !

Slydar, would it require an ECU change i imagine ??

Corolla86
28th May 2008, 06:12 PM
guys i am neg i have found my turbo setup if i don't sell it will only sit there

4door
28th May 2008, 06:52 PM
i wonder if this would work on my smallport... i guess i would have to lower the comp (11.2:1) to something more suitable and get an ECU or something ??

ae71
28th May 2008, 07:54 PM
trueno_kim: grab a GZE bottom end/completeish motor.

probaly the cheapest and easiest way to go.

Corolla86
28th May 2008, 08:11 PM
tureno kim we can maybe work something ouy i don't need this and would rather it go to someone that wants it

slydar
28th May 2008, 09:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xwfalcon @ May 28 2008, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=537918)</div>
yeah don't buy this[/b]

dunno what you mean by that? if i had heaps of spare cash id buy it just for novelty value.

basically just trying to help as it doesnt seem you have much of a back ground with these engines thats all :)

Kim-

id sell you small port and just get a big port.

computer, yeah youll need to do something.

Corolla86
29th May 2008, 04:51 PM
no offence taken just saying to the people that want to chop it that its not worth buying well if anyone wants it its there if not i will be swapping it for parts cheers guys

riojin
29th May 2008, 10:53 PM
i believe this would be far superior to a standard 4agze. I'm a fan of blow-through superchargers.

Corolla86
2nd June 2008, 09:34 PM
price drop to $800 didnt sell on ebay just don't need it, if no one wants after this you can ask one day and see if i still have it :2thumbs: