PDA

View Full Version : JDM Levin Fog light globes

SNAP
9th June 2008, 02:26 PM
Hey does anyone know if you can get a good replacement globe foer the Levin fog lights? I went down to Rape Co today and they can only get them is the stock 55 watts, they were the Narva brand, whats are you guys using in yours? i just upgraded all my globes, ive got 100/130 W for the headlights.. and yes ive done the relays n wiring.. but yeah any suggested brands? or places to buy..

Delazy
9th June 2008, 03:23 PM
yea I'm keen to know aswell as ive decided ill actually wire mine up this week rather than having them not functioning and just looking fully sick

SNAP
9th June 2008, 04:04 PM
we grabbed out the Narva book and it only list the 1 option.. stock 55 watts, I was searching on the shelf and the H7's they look pretty similar but there only single pin.. <_< mayb a littler shorter 2. i reckon around 90w would be nice

Sanity Clause
10th June 2008, 07:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SNAP @ Jun 9 2008, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=543469)</div>
we grabbed out the Narva book and it only list the 1 option.. stock 55 watts, I was searching on the shelf and the H7's they look pretty similar but there only single pin.. <_< mayb a littler shorter 2. i reckon around 90w would be nice[/b]

You can use the single pin bulbs by soldering an extra wire and spade connector to it. It's just an earth contact.

I found that suitable single pin bulbs were significantly cheaper, too.

I used H3 55W, if I remember correctly, but they come in higher wattages.

I think H7 is a standard headlamp bulb, so may be too large.

SNAP
10th June 2008, 09:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanity Clause @ Jun 10 2008, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=544047)</div>
You can use the single pin bulbs by soldering an extra wire and spade connector to it. It's just an earth contact.

I found that suitable single pin bulbs were significantly cheaper, too.

I used H3 55W, if I remember correctly, but they come in higher wattages.

I think H7 is a standard headlamp bulb, so may be too large.[/b]

That thought actually crossed my mind! and your right they do come in higher wattages.. might give this a go if no one come up with some suggestions