PDA

View Full Version : ke70 engine options

madaz matt
13th February 2012, 04:40 PM
Hey guys,
I’ve been on here for a while now just sifting through all the useful information in this friendly environment.This is my first post so please correct me if I’m wrong.

I own a white ke70 and as usual me and my 4k are having a troublesome relationship due to its lack of power, I’m sure there are lots out there who can sympathise lol.

Now I am a young mechanic/machinist/ fabricator with enough experience to know that nothing to get more power out of it is going to be cheap or easy. I do all my own work which helps but anyway I have a few questions as I am unsure which way to go about things.

The car is my currant daily but I have another that I will carry out the conversion on first then I will transfer it all. I have a strong passion for drift and have already sorted the suspension to a level I feel comfortable with.

My options that I see are;
· Rebuild the 4k or build a 5k
· I have a gen 1 3sge and w55 box s bell housing and a haltech platinum sprint 500

My questions are;
Will a built 4 or 5k provide enough power at a reasonable cost to slide at around 80-100kph?
Would I be better off converting to 3s with R1 carburettors? If so what distributer will work with that arrangement? 4AC??
What sensor arrangement would work with the haltech? I’ve read here and there that you can use a 4AGZE crank angle sensor can anyone confirm that? Then what harmonic balancer to you use to get a trigger wheel? 1ZZ coils? Can the standard distributer be modified to give just a single cam position pulse?
I would like to convert to 3S and would love to hear from anyone who has done a 3S RWD conversion.

Thank you,
Matt

AJPS
13th February 2012, 04:42 PM
put the 3s in it and be done

Rice86
13th February 2012, 04:58 PM
if you already have a Haltech ECU, aim for EFI
you can build a 5k but when your done, make sure you throw it out the window

i think you would need to start off with a AE86/AE71 crossmember as they come with the 4ac/4age rwd configuration

engine choice is up to you on your skill level and how much money you have to spend, 4age are more then enough to slide.
You can go 3s to be different but you'll might find it frustrating to get direct answers to your question as not many people on this forum have played with this conversion. Not saying no one will know..

do yourself a favor if you really want to drive a ke70 with more power, drop in a 16v, have more money? 20v 4age, and with that, this whole forum has info and parts selling left right and center

joeschmo_57
13th February 2012, 07:13 PM
Talk to biggo. If he isn't drunk, his info will be solid.
If he is, you may need a shower after reading his reply.

madaz matt
14th February 2012, 11:46 PM
Thanks all.
I would love to do the 3S to be different. I realise it will be more involved but more rewarding to do something different. That’s the way I feel about it anyway.

Your right a 16v would entertain me for a while but soon I would want more. According to wiki a 16v makes 84kw - 131nm a gen 1 3S makes 103kw – 175. Yes a 20v could easily top those numbers but I feel I could do the 3S conversion for the price of a 20v conversion and end up with more potential.

So if anyone has any input on wiring, sensors, fitting that would be great. If anyone can lure this elusive Biggo that would be great to.
Thanks,
Matt.

Sam-Q
16th February 2012, 07:52 AM
I don't see a problem dropping the 3sge in if you can fabricate. You just need a 2S sump and possibly engine mounts? use the search bar on here to find out more

marvis
16th February 2012, 12:16 PM
You seem to be lacking a little bit in mechanical knowledge.

I would suggest a 4AGE.

Nicko
16th February 2012, 01:56 PM
If you need to ask a question like this, you haven't done your own research.

We aren't here to help you pick an engine

You do it, then when you're stuck because you can't get any further, ask more questions here.

The internet will not do your engine conversion and list out all your sensor and wiring shit for you before you even begin the project.

Thread closed.