PDA

View Full Version : fuel runs out when tank says its on half way

deekay
1st April 2012, 01:36 PM
okay so there's something wrong with my fuel running through, when the meter gets to about half way the surge tank makes all these funny noises as if its sucking the last drops or something. i have to fill up my car when it gets to that stage and only can fill up half tank every time. :verysad: i cant seek to find out the problem. im not too sure if its just the hosing not touching the bottom of the tank or if its just my fuel pump. help anyone?

dustyae86
1st April 2012, 03:02 PM
you got the right hose hooked up? and is your tank venting properly

meadan
1st April 2012, 03:31 PM
is the car actually surging at all?

Which pump is making the noises? As I assume with a surge tank youll be running 2 pumps?

deekay
1st April 2012, 04:54 PM
yeah everything was working just fine till not long ago, when it gets under half way it starts to even suck nothing at all and then next thing you know car just clonks out as if it has no fuel. ive got a vl fuel pressure pump hooked up in the back and thats whats making the noise, could it just be the hose not reaching the bottom to pick up whats left in there?

Matt
1st April 2012, 05:21 PM
Did you put a lift pump in the tank? Possible that it has come away from the bottom of the tank and is floating about in there...

VL pumps aren't great at priming, might pay to drop your tank and have a look at what is going on. Intank pumps are much better than external to be honest, just a neater setup.

meadan
1st April 2012, 06:38 PM
Do you even have a surge tank setup?

Or are you just running an external pump from the tank?