PDA

View Full Version : LSD into T series open centre question?

Alexrex7
17th April 2012, 12:22 AM
Recently purchased a t series open centre out of a T-18 and have heard the axles are slightly longer than the LSD counterpart by 5mm or so and that you need to grind this off to fit an LSD? is this true theyres just a bit of mixed info on the net? also i can only fit a zenki diff not kouki right? any help would be appreciated

dogan
17th April 2012, 01:18 AM
Yes you can only use a zenki LSD with the t18 axles.
With the axle length q, I have got a trd 2 way with stock standard t18 axles which have not been cut. No problems. I can't say about other LSDs but with the TRD LSD you will have no problems using the stock axles

Sam-Q
17th April 2012, 01:22 AM
I am pretty sure you only need to cut the axles when you use the RA40 ones in the housing

Stain
17th April 2012, 12:35 PM
never heard of having to cut axles.
I have a series 1 t18 diff with a zenki trd lsd in it so I know that combo works :)

shortround
17th April 2012, 12:44 PM
As far as I know, only the t-series axles from a disc brake rear end are 7mm longer. I actually have one of these axles at home.

I have read that these need to/can be be trimmed down to work in TRD LSDs only. Kaaz and others apparently accommodate for the extra length.

Alexrex7
17th April 2012, 05:41 PM
Yea so stick with zenki then i see. Well its a relief knowing i wont have to cut off my axle and arsing round with that. Also i called toyota before and apparently they have discontinued TRD 2 ways?? any one know someone else i could call to get one? cheers for that guys

Jimmee1990
19th April 2012, 01:04 AM
I'm guessing you called a local dealership? They're mostly hopeless with sourcing that kind of thing, won't ever look at toyota stock that isn't in australia. I worked for toyota/nissan for a while, better off trying importers or performance workshops.

dove grey 64
19th April 2012, 07:18 AM
Yea so stick with zenki then i see. Well its a relief knowing i wont have to cut off my axle and arsing round with that. Also i called toyota before and apparently they have discontinued TRD 2 ways?? any one know someone else i could call to get one? cheers for that guys

importmonster, i've been looking at them too, same boat as you with the t18 diff etc otherwise try AJPS or justjdmimports

jaz_ae86
19th April 2012, 11:08 PM
I think its only factory LSD that require shortened axles, which are few and far here in OZ.

RA60 is a wider diff so obviously they axles would require shortening for T18 diff usage.

RHDjapan/greenline can get brand new LSD's.