PDA

View Full Version : model car setups.

corknose
6th June 2009, 08:48 PM
hey ive just bought a couple of model cars and i was wondering what paints, glues , knifes/blades ect you use to make them and what would be used to modify the body i see some people making like r32 utes and i was wondering what they use to cover the back is?

cheers callum.

Dom86
6th June 2009, 09:54 PM
Go to your local model/hobby shop. They have everything you need and can answer all your questions.
I would be keen to see what you come up with though.:)

focus_7
7th June 2009, 12:08 AM
Hit up Vaggs at Miranda Cal, They aren't crash hot, but they seem to know a litle bit about models.

corknose
7th June 2009, 12:40 PM
yeh Vaggs i dont like them just all wankers worked there for a bit but its shit but they do know a bit about models,, anyone know what i would use to make like a ute r32? like to cover the back?

dyso
7th June 2009, 01:02 PM
theres a model shop at sutho to.. i havent had anything to do with them tho so not sure wat there like

dunga70
7th June 2009, 01:59 PM
try hstore at caringbah. they are pretty helpfull. beau yates works there a bit too..

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
7th June 2009, 03:00 PM
hey ive just bought a couple of model cars and i was wondering what paints, glues , knifes/blades ect you use to make them and what would be used to modify the body i see some people making like r32 utes and i was wondering what they use to cover the back is?

cheers callum.
Get the Tamiya Cement (Glue)

Get Tamiya TS Type paint (There will be a sticker on the spray can lid)

Don't get Tamiya PS Type paint as PS is for Polycarbonnet Shell's = RC Drift car body shells.

A nice sharp knife and WATCH OUT FOR YOUR FINGERS!

Hold the body shell nice and firm and carve slowly.

You can easily make a boot lid out of a piece of plastic.

Just improvise a bit and you will come up with something.

There is no right or wrong answer in building the model, just how to go the right way about it...
:thumbup:

anastasios
7th June 2009, 04:53 PM
the stuff is called platicard, but if you are new at it, i would just stick to the instructions and make it as good as possible 1st before you start going custom

corknose
7th June 2009, 04:59 PM
yeh i know people who own hstore very well they dont do models in there but they are more of a rc shop, beau dosnt work there he just talks to the owner and helps out, yeh so u suggest spray the body and paint brush all the other parts?

cheers

anastasios
7th June 2009, 05:49 PM
there alot of tutorials on the net, have a google, also wash your body in warm soapy water first and try not to touch it too much so no grease/oils builds up, tamiya is probably the best paint to get

jamekins
7th June 2009, 06:15 PM
This might help.
If not its still cool

http://www.7tune.com/miniature-madness-gachan-racing-ae86-sprinter-trueno/

86TRD
8th June 2009, 04:31 AM
This might help.
If not its still cool

http://www.7tune.com/miniature-madness-gachan-racing-ae86-sprinter-trueno/

haha them diorama pictures are awesome with the stripped 86 in the background