PDA

View Full Version : Looking for dyno tuner in west vic

ashawong1510
11th August 2012, 11:13 PM
Guys, i am looking for mechanic to dyno tune up my sprinter (wolf 3D), somewhere close to st.albans, thx

Gear-head
12th August 2012, 01:43 AM
Dont go to dr drift my mate took hes 20v it ran like shit

d1staz
12th August 2012, 08:40 AM
I just had my 16v rewired with adaptronic and tuned by him and it's running perfect. Was pretty cheap also.

ruffpower
12th August 2012, 09:09 PM
Nigel Petrie get his cars tuned by Dr.Drift? can you be more specific of how/why you would not recommend someone other then "it ran like shit"

Gear-head
13th August 2012, 12:10 AM
He took the ae86 with 20v microtech got it tuned by him he ran fine low-end power but in the high-end it ran rough had to get a re-tuned

Another mate s13 with nistune that was tuned by him took it to the track and ran rich the whole time on the track. You can smell the un-burnt fuel when it's idles

180sx had chip installed and tuned By aswell and car kept shutting down when it ran warm. Found out the chip wasn't solder properly

There are good story's from him but this is my experience with him

matt99
13th August 2012, 06:16 PM
He took the ae86 with 20v microtech got it tuned by him he ran fine low-end power but in the high-end it ran rough had to get a re-tuned

Another mate s13 with nistune that was tuned by him took it to the track and ran rich the whole time on the track. You can smell the un-burnt fuel when it's idles

180sx had chip installed and tuned By aswell and car kept shutting down when it ran warm. Found out the chip wasn't solder properly

There are good story's from him but this is my experience with him

Running rich on idle? Sounds fine to me.

Really, out of the three above things mentioned, the last one seems to be the only legitimate issue, the first one is potentially not a tune issue at all.

I have had a few of my own cars tuned by Sammy (Dr. Drift) and I personally have never had an issue, nor have many of my friends. You get "problems" and "stories" from different tuners all the time, Im recommending Dr. Drift, in the end, its up to you.

d1staz
13th August 2012, 06:40 PM
The only problem I had was that the work took longer than what he originally told me but that was only because I asked him to do a few extra things. I would recommend him as well. Top bloke...

ashawong1510
14th August 2012, 12:02 AM
guys, beside dr drift, some other tuners around here???

Gear-head
14th August 2012, 12:25 AM
And as I said on the bottom of my reply that this is my personal experience with him and there good points like yours

I agree with you aswell there is pros and cons in the end up to you who gets is tuned

Running rich on idle? Sounds fine to me.

Really, out of the three above things mentioned, the last one seems to be the only legitimate issue, the first one is potentially not a tune issue at all.

I have had a few of my own cars tuned by Sammy (Dr. Drift) and I personally have never had an issue, nor have many of my friends. You get "problems" and "stories" from different tuners all the time, Im recommending Dr. Drift, in the end, its up to you.

d1staz
14th August 2012, 08:13 AM
You could also try Chasers in footscray. I Hav'nt used them myself but have seen 86's there.

ashawong1510
14th August 2012, 11:13 PM
i guess chaser would like to earn easy money, or i have to spend more than usual, because my car is not really for tune yet, some pros around distributor.

.ady
16th August 2012, 01:11 AM
chasers is fairly pricey, if you've got a adaptronic dr drift is recommended as he is in love with this ecu and it would be easy for him to work with. not many other known turners in the west that i know of, but checkered tuning (status tuning/ trent) is pretty good but you do hear differents whether his good or bad.

ashawong1510
18th August 2012, 05:02 AM
years ago, i went to chaser, but they didn't like my car, i mean they prefer easy jobs (quick money), or you need to spend big dollars for difficult ones (wiring the computer, rebuilt engine,etc)

ONCHRG
18th August 2012, 07:11 AM
I went to Dr Drift and never had anyone try to spin so much shit to me in my life. My mates car went there for a new radiator, thermos, adaptronic and just cleaning up the wiring. Was told the job would take 2-4 weeks max. Year later it was done.
I always go to Chasers in Footscray now. Bit more expensive but on time as discussed and never had any issues. They dislike all the "bros" who want to go there and hang out like it's the local cafe because they got nothing better to do.
If it's price you are worried about go to Dr Drift and be prepared to be fucked around, but if it's quality of work bad no bullshit approach to customers Chasers is the go.