PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou to this community of such decent men.....

maxhag
15th December 2012, 10:16 PM
Well, where do I start......

I have just been given the news by Matt, about the AE86DC club donation of a new KE wagon, after my many recent mis-fortunes in the last 6 months.....

I feel I should share a response to everyone....

Honestly, I am pretty speechless.... Such an amazing gesture of kindness by all the individuals who contributed, too many to name names, but you know who you are, making this community so unique. The people I meet and the people I dont. Seems to make no differance to all the decent blokes on this forum and AE86 community. It's hard to find this kind of spirit these days....

I am taking this chance to thank EVERYONE involved in this, words cannot explain how this has made me feel. It has been a pretty rough week. Not so much physical injury, but the accident has made me think alot about life... Turning 30 next year and all my hard efforts are wrecks... This makes me happy that other people like my builds and gives me the motivation to continue this on...
This car will have no $$$ value, but rich in sentimental....

To add to this, I would like to give a special thanks to Bob F (Airocobra). Some of you know him (Old blond fat guy from Canberra who can talk the arse of a talking robot :P). He has helped me in many many difficult serious occasions now, and great bloke to share advice with. I cant thank him enough. Another great friend met thru the AE86 community....
Thankyou Bob, your help never goes unnoticed/un-appreciated.

To those who have no idea what this is all about, follow this link, and read the story. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/73601-AE71-Haggard-Wagon-Moonlight-Garage-s-parts-tyre-car-(-R-I-P-1984-2012-Gone-Too-Soon-)

Simply - Build car in limited time (one month) -> legal rego and tuning on a thursday (made 186kw) -> HR Annual Cruise on the Saturday -> Head on accident with a landcuriser and 4x4 trailer on the Sunday morning.......

This is after "loosing" 2 built AE86's in the last 6 months to accidents too......

maxhag
15th December 2012, 10:17 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/538424.jpg

I love the granny visor, and the bullbar thing at the front seems somewhat appropriate.... :P :P

AIROCOBRA
16th December 2012, 07:32 AM
Kind words from a very motivated young man. ( obsessed also comes to mind ) . For those that contributed to this , I can only say well done ( aussie mateship is still alive and well ) if only surviving in small pockets . But the main focus of thanks must go to Matt , as he is the person that was the driving force behind this act of wonderful kindness. Well done to all those that had a kind word or a dollar or two to spare to make this happen . We have helped a mate in need and will all be the richer for doing so . I know my mercy dash to Jindabyne was a adventure it's self for me ( two young Finish tourists , stranded by the road ............ ) But thats another story !!!!!!

Cheers to ALL !!!!!!!! and seasons greetings Bob

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/410385.jpg

There was one -- but it was destroyed ------ then there came another ----- and the two would be come one ---- and those that will look upon it will be glad ---- and all will be wonderful again . ( from the book of reborn )

Matt
16th December 2012, 07:41 AM
It makes me proud to be part of this community and seeing people donate their hard earned $$$ ( and wishing to remain anonymous too) to someone who they barely know who has had some terrible luck.

We still have the hassle of getting it down to the act, so if you are in Brisbane, port Macquarie etc and have a trailer and some spare time shoot me a pm.

otherwise who is keen on a rd trip in about 3 weeks time?

milan_ke70
16th December 2012, 01:56 PM
money received. car ready to go.

best of luck with this car.

Matt
27th December 2012, 02:41 PM
Ok guys, I just started to put the wheels in motion with getting this car back, though I've hit a hurdle in that the storage area lined up until the school holidays are over has fallen through. So, what I'm asking is, can someone store this car for up to 1 month in Qld until the middle of Jan / Australia day etc. or alternatively lend me a tow car either this weekend or next so I can head up to grab it.

If you can store it a Tilt tray tow truck will drop the car off, keep in mind that there is no engine or box in this, otherwise I'd organise a transport company to bring it down. It is near impossible to get anyone to transport it , as it is not running.

The seller needs the car gone from his place asap as well...

Let me know
Matt

AJPS
27th December 2012, 05:18 PM
heart warming stuff (no sarcasm at all)

great to see guys

if i can help out JoJo flick me a pm, i have heaps of boxes of old shit (starter motors, brake, clutch master etc etc) let me know

maxhag
27th December 2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks Davo.
Looks like the engine will be fine, so all basic engine accessories are still good...
It is my suspension which is the greatest loss..... (including GReddy coilovers :() All pretty much scrap now :(
And obviously all cooling components are scrap as well.....

Low Style
28th December 2012, 08:01 AM
If i can move my Red ke70 asap (Sold awaiting owner to pick up) this can be stored at my place (my GF will kill me).

Apart from that if you are really stuck I could ask a mate of mine who has a large backyard he could store this in

burcoty
28th December 2012, 03:22 PM
i've emailed these guys for a quote:
http://www.auto-logistics.com.au

i put in door to door but obviously it will be cheaper if it was picked up from a depo.
will let ya know what they come back with.

burcoty
29th December 2012, 01:52 AM
^^ was a tad pricey so I'll get another quote dropped to a depo in the ACT and see how much it comes down by.

maxhag
29th December 2012, 02:18 AM
if the car gets transported, just get it to Sydney (cambelltown if possible). Most of the cost is actually the Sydney to canberra route..... I did this a few months ago..... I am happy to pick it up from sydney

burcoty
29th December 2012, 06:46 AM
Getting quotes to act depo and sydney depo. will work somethin out if it's worthwhile.

Tyrone.

Matt
29th December 2012, 08:15 AM
It isn't running remember.. Makes it near impossible to put on a truck

LittleRedSpirit
29th December 2012, 11:04 AM
If you can get it to the Northern Suburbs of Brisbane I have a place for it. In a shed.

burcoty
31st December 2012, 01:18 AM
As far as im aware the car is already north side, in pine rivers.
Can you confirm Matt?

milan_ke70
31st December 2012, 01:23 AM
car is in chermside.

burcoty
31st December 2012, 02:12 AM
car is in chermside.

Eh, close enough :p

Thanks for clearing that up though. :)

If you can get it to the Northern Suburbs of Brisbane I have a place for it. In a shed.
Is that close enough to you? Would be super appreciated if you could store it for a little while :)

milan_ke70
2nd January 2013, 09:48 AM
Any update on getting this out of my house?

Matt
2nd January 2013, 10:33 AM
It was meant to happen last weekend, but things got in the way and the place it was being stored at fell through... Be available this weekend and make sure you have a couple of people who can help push it up onto a trailer.

milan_ke70
2nd January 2013, 11:08 AM
Cool cool.

Jacobxxx
2nd January 2013, 01:11 PM
Ill help you in spirit Milan

Matt
5th January 2013, 07:37 PM
Just wanted to thank chris and Matt massively for moving this car over to matts warehouse in Brisbane.

Ill aim to head up around Australia Day , so if anyone is keen on a road trip sing out.

LittleRedSpirit
3rd February 2013, 12:18 PM
So dates have come and gone. Im laid up after surgery, is this thing still in my workshop?

Matt
3rd February 2013, 12:48 PM
Jo your car is there. I cant get it, have exhausted all possibilities.

I have some money for you for fuel if you can drive up , but let us know what you want done.

LittleRedSpirit
18th February 2013, 10:30 AM
I don't have the facilities to store this thing for any longer. Business for the year recommenced last week and the space it is in has been sublet for a few months. If nobody makes contact I'm going to have to dispose of it at some point. Its still inside the shed safe and well at this point. However where we are situated, if I push it outside the local kids will most likely vandalise it, so I'd need to find a home for it rather than do that.

If someone could call me and inform me exactly what's going on with it Id like to know what to do with it. I have no use for it or the parts and would prefer to see someone driving it even if its not able to be sent all the way down to max.

maxhag
20th February 2013, 11:53 PM
As much as I appreciate all the kindness from everyone in all of this, but I am just not in the position to be driving to Qld to get it. I wish I could help more, but I just cant.....

JDMWheels
21st February 2013, 12:13 AM
So what we've got is a KE70 Wagon in Matt's (Littleredspirit's) Shop - That needs to find it's way to the ACT from QLD?

burcoty
21st February 2013, 12:16 AM
Yep thats the jist of it

Jacobxxx
21st February 2013, 09:17 AM
As much as I appreciate all the kindness from everyone in all of this, but I am just not in the position to be driving to Qld to get it. I wish I could help more, but I just cant.....

for the past 2 months?

maxhag
21st February 2013, 12:07 PM
^^^^ Not sure what your getting at there Pecky...........