PDA

View Full Version : 4AC clutch kit

focus_7
12th April 2013, 11:13 AM
Hi I'm looking at replacing the clutch in my AE86 4AC sprinter and when I called around to a few auto parts stores most had different types parts listed for 4ag and 4ac sprinters.

Is there a difference, and what should I be asking for, since some parts stores didn't even have a 4ac sprinter on record.

Golden Circle
12th April 2013, 12:13 PM
bro there is a clutch and brake shop on taren point road that have good prices and also aren't just reading shit out of a catalog. TYK-6319HD is the part number you're looking for. exedy HD I've run them in all 5 of my 4AG cars and only blew my diff once because of being a bit of a nuffie. good combo and won't put as much stress on the driveline than a button or cushion button

Sam-Q
12th April 2013, 12:14 PM
I have put a 4ac clutch onto a 4age before. First up you don't ask for the Sprinter anything, if you want a driveline part say it's for an AE71 corolla and make sure the catalouge says 1.6L.

This is a hunch but I suspect the 4age clutch kits have a stronger clamping force.

Anyway I have a Exedy HD clutch here that looks near new you can have cheap

Matt
12th April 2013, 12:40 PM
What is the flywheel diameter difference between 4ac and 4age... 200mm for 4ac right?

The exedy clutch plate between the hd and the standard is exactly the same... its the "pink" (not always) pressure plate that is different.

The spring retainers have a bad rep on the exedys for cracking and making it difficult to select gears, but thats usually only after quite a few kms of abuse.

AJPS
12th April 2013, 01:15 PM
I have some decend s/hand std ones

and I have new exedy HD ones

http://www.ajps.com.au/parts/parts_exedy.php