PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: Suspension setup for corona

Panitz
10th June 2013, 10:22 AM
Wanting to buy a good front end setup for an rt142 corona. I've heard ra40-ra65 steering stuff is the goods, and something like sigm control arms. Let me know what you have

dori142
11th June 2013, 07:48 AM
yeah ra60/65 works well. i'm running ra struts with a weld on kit (you get a brake upgrade too,coronas run ke brakes), 7kg springs, agx inserts , camber tops, ra lower control arms, rear is vs hsv wagon shocks and cut ea falcon springs, shocks are a little long for a live axle but zip ties keep the springs in, if you can find a short verson of the hsv shock you would have no issues with springs seating etc. bushes are worth doing at the same time and some sway bars help tighten the roll up, just run the whiteline ra stuff.you should be able to do this for under a g if you can do the work yourself, maybe less.

Konakid
12th June 2013, 12:20 AM
Not a bad setup.

I run RA65 struts converted to coilover also. you get a slightly bigger size rotor (254mm) but its vented and more pad area. Get some ra65 power steering arms for quicker steering and more lock. S13 cambertops fit with a few mm of filing in the strut tops. I run Bilstein rear shocks (very good) and KYB AGX fronts, but will be upgrading them to bilstein at some stage.

What are you using the car for? Drift only? Hills? hills/daily?

i had 9 and 7kg fr and rear sprigns and it was very stiff but ok for drifting. now i have 7 and 4.5 which is much better in the hills for absorbing bumps. 6 and 4.5 would be a good starting point for hills driving or go 7 and 5.5 for drifting.

Panitz
12th June 2013, 08:29 AM
Not a bad setup.

I run RA65 struts converted to coilover also. you get a slightly bigger size rotor (254mm) but its vented and more pad area. Get some ra65 power steering arms for quicker steering and more lock. S13 cambertops fit with a few mm of filing in the strut tops. I run Bilstein rear shocks (very good) and KYB AGX fronts, but will be upgrading them to bilstein at some stage.

What are you using the car for? Drift only? Hills? hills/daily?

i had 9 and 7kg fr and rear sprigns and it was very stiff but ok for drifting. now i have 7 and 4.5 which is much better in the hills for absorbing bumps. 6 and 4.5 would be a good starting point for hills driving or go 7 and 5.5 for drifting.

Yeh I want it for daily/drift. What did you do for lca's? And do the ra65 struts bolt straight to the corona hubs? Or do you need to get the hubs aswell?

AJPS
12th June 2013, 08:36 AM
you need the complete ra65 struts with hub and brake and the steering knuckle as well

he has kelway/ajps rose jointed lca so the bush doesnt dilate under increased caster

Konakid
12th June 2013, 09:03 AM
As above but iu ran stock corona control arms rebushed beforehand so thats a cheaper option.

Just grab everything from the ra65 struts, brakes, hub all complete. Same stud pattern and everything.

For daily and bit of drifting i definitely recommend 7 and 5.5kg springs rates. A touch on the stif side for handling bumps in the hills but means its more predictable when drifting. Im getting 5.5's to match my 7kg fronts soon, with the 4.5 rears it squats tooo much, good for grip but a bit sloppy for controlling slides.

dori142
12th June 2013, 09:52 AM
Is your rona live axle? If so try and get a celica for a parts car.

Panitz
19th June 2013, 04:35 PM
Yeah it's live axle rear. I've been looking around but can't really find much

blinded
19th June 2013, 04:54 PM
Yeah it's live axle rear. I've been looking around but can't really find much

If you can wait a couple of weeks, I should have a set of xt130 coilovers for sale. Twin piston callipers, adj. shocks, camber tops. Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

stahlz_ae86
19th June 2013, 06:35 PM
PM Chris at Shockworks, he daily's an RT142 with their dampers and I'm pretty sure he's running XT130 stubs with RT132 twin piston calipers. Even if not buying their gear he'll give you an idea of what suits Corona.

Panitz
19th June 2013, 11:49 PM
If you can wait a couple of weeks, I should have a set of xt130 coilovers for sale. Twin piston callipers, adj. shocks, camber tops. Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

Yeh a couple of weeks could be good actually. How much would I be looking at?

Panitz
19th June 2013, 11:52 PM
PM Chris at Shockworks, he daily's an RT142 with their dampers and I'm pretty sure he's running XT130 stubs with RT132 twin piston calipers. Even if not buying their gear he'll give you an idea of what suits Corona.

Do you reckon you could link me mate?

stahlz_ae86
20th June 2013, 10:50 AM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/72514-Alberta-the-Unambitious-Corona

This guy ^ also a forum sponsor.