PDA

View Full Version : Expensive tuning!

jy086
23rd June 2009, 03:45 PM
Hi i have AE86 with smallport...Quad throttle and cams all other stuff

i took my car to a place to Install Greddy Emanage and tune...that cost $800
during tuning my head gasket blow....so i got the car back fixed the gasket and took it back for another tuning.....

Today they told me they are still tuning my after after 2.5 days of tuning....he said it'll cost around $1000 mark....or more....don't know yet.....

anyone here experience that....just installing a piggy back and tuning for $1800?

trueno85
23rd June 2009, 03:49 PM
should have just gone a standalone for that cost! did they install the headgasket?

jy086
23rd June 2009, 03:50 PM
Nar.... the head gasket got it done somewhere else...

Hen may possibly be a nut
23rd June 2009, 06:23 PM
Sounds pretty steep, but they could well have had all sorts of trouble getting it installed and working at all. I tend to find tuning is always more expensive than you expect due to little issues that they have to spend time fixing before really getting stuck into dyno work.

Having a good long chat to them about what you're after and what they'll do often helps, but it may be a little late for that here. I hope it ends up being a good tune.

Hen

70XIN
23rd June 2009, 06:29 PM
emanage BLUE should cost like $400 max for a tune

emanage ultimate a little more, but jah

you are getting jibbed

Cerby86
23rd June 2009, 06:38 PM
I paid $500 to get a tune for a smallport with quads with an adaptronic.
It was all wired in and you could start and drive the car just ran like shit.
So yeah $500 for just the tune. Though he did have to feck around a little fixing my ignitor and taking the trumpets off!

gumbie
23rd June 2009, 07:02 PM
My tune cost $650 .. was well worth it i reckon.. it's not like i couldn't get it tuned, cams, fresh motor and a microtec >.>

Frak
23rd June 2009, 07:48 PM
Bloody hell!!! $1800 to install and tune....they're not that hard to install and they're not that hard to tune!!

MINIHORSE
23rd June 2009, 07:51 PM
frak do you do tuning at the tafe?

Frak
23rd June 2009, 07:55 PM
frak do you do tuning at the tafe?If it's during my night courses(and you are enrolled).....YES, during the day no.

This week we are setting up a V8 Cleveland, jet carb/map ignition(MSD) and set up NOS.

FAST EDDIE
23rd June 2009, 07:59 PM
thats hectic buuut if you have ever had issues on the dyno start the meter ticking, my tuner charges $90 p/h while the car is on other places could charge more, I dont let anyone do anything to my car without watching. u dont know how long they have worked onit and the price could be legit!!

MINIHORSE
23rd June 2009, 08:03 PM
frak, if one wasnt enrolled, and wanted to tune their TRD ecu w/remote fuel trim to suit ITB's, how would one go about this?

Wally
23rd June 2009, 08:38 PM
I got quoted $1500 for full engine rewire, ecu install, full dyno tune (Microtech LT10S).

Engine, quads, cams, all that jaz.

Haven't got it done yet though... eek.

sonsta
29th June 2009, 11:39 AM
seems really steep for a [iggy back ecu, for that price you could get something way better installed!

sundee
29th June 2009, 05:28 PM
from unigroup in sydney, they tuned my sr - ems stinger , had it for 2 days(so they could do the cold start in the morning) this was a full tune and was $800 or so..
u can get a haltech E6 series (not sure now coz its super-seeded) but i think installed and tuned is around $2400

from experience if your going to upgrade your ECU, stay away from piggy back systems.. replace the whole ECU for a standalone item.