PDA

View Full Version : check out my dizzy and cap. wer can I get one like this?

Gorgi
12th October 2013, 12:03 AM
Hey guys here ive got my dizzy thats partially melted from my manifold.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag83/Gorgi1991/20131011_234509_zps472358bd.jpg

Id like to know where I can get another with a cap lile this one as I am running aftermarket management.

Please any help will do. I am using a bigport 4agze but the plug does have 4 bits to it if that helps. U shoupd be able to view the album and have a look. I shall post more pics if needed.

Muchly appreciated, Gorgi.

Sam-Q
12th October 2013, 09:43 AM
looks like your usual smallport dizzy to me. Just go into an auto store and ask for the ingnition parts to suit an ae93 corolla with a 4age not 4afe.

Gorgi
12th October 2013, 10:33 AM
i dont understand how its a smallport dizzy, the head and block look like a big port, i am also getting the head ported and polished atm.. would you like pictures of the head and block??

ill post them anyway.

But where can i find a cover like that one, asi dont want coil ends everywhere

Gorgi
12th October 2013, 11:42 AM
Here you go

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag83/Gorgi1991/20131004_115524_zps8ed59f1d.jpg

Its a bigport right?

Gorgi
12th October 2013, 02:13 PM
Im a little confused here I thought that the bigport head mist use a bigport dizzy. Or can I interchamge the dizzys for my management needs??

So I think I have a bigport head but the dizzy looks like a small port. Is this correct??

So to replace the dizzy I coukd always use the same part number but I am not sure if that cap on the dizzy which eliminates the need for coils is aftermarket or not.

Sam-Q
13th October 2013, 09:55 AM
yes bigport, might you be able to take the cap and rotor button right off and take a picture from the side view? That way I can give you a better answer.

You can ignore the cap and use the base of the distributor for it's crank angle sensor and convert to coil packs. Unfortunately I no longer sell blanking covers for the 16V model. I do however have a coil pack conversion plate available still.

Gorgi
13th October 2013, 01:36 PM
i am using an Microtech LT10s, with an X4 ingtion System. so i dont think i need to convert to coil packs.

Could you please show me a picture of the coil pack conversion plate please, as i might grab it if its what i need.

When i get a spare moment i shall send through a picture. the dizzy still works tho, i just wanted to cover the melted bits, and your conversion pack might just do that for me.

Thanks Champ

Gorgi
13th October 2013, 01:37 PM
OOh and an other question for you sam, Looking at the cylinder heads, can you tell if the whole motor is a bigport?? or just the head?

Gorgi
13th October 2013, 09:29 PM
never mind seen the coil pack conversion plates, Looks nice but atm im just looking to get a cover for my dizzy atm

slide86
13th October 2013, 10:50 PM
OOh and an other question for you sam, Looking at the cylinder heads, can you tell if the whole motor is a bigport?? or just the head?

id say whole motor is bigport. One indication is there is no oil drain in the block. Is it a bigport GZE block? Looks like there is a knock sensor there, 3 rib bigports (AE86) didnt have knock sensors.

Gorgi
14th October 2013, 03:07 PM
nice thankyou, can i tap the oil drain into the side of the block?? can the piston cutouts indicate block generation?

slide86
14th October 2013, 03:20 PM
I'm referring to the oil drain in the back of the block for the cyl head drain. Small ports have this.

Gorgi
14th October 2013, 06:44 PM
np thankyou