PDA

View Full Version : R200 diff or r31 into ke70

Pageyisbored
17th May 2014, 07:42 PM
Hey guys
Got myself a ke70 that I intend to use on the track for drifting
Been hearing to many conflicting things about diffs and need an answer I can rely on
I have heard people say not to bother with an r31 rear end and go for an s13 diff and they go in easy and the other people have said that they take a lot of work and it's easier to go r31
Or use the stock welded diff witch I have but I broke one of the spacers/shims that go between the housing and barring so how I could go about getting one of them would also help
Cheers

Jimmee1990
17th May 2014, 07:54 PM
S13 rear end is far from an easy conversion, most of the rear floor would need re-working from what I've seen. R31 would be a lot easier, what engine are you planning on using?

willa
17th May 2014, 07:56 PM
Firstly what engine is it? If not anything more than a 4age, just upgrade to a t-series.

If it is then...

R200 is a no go. That is an irs diff where as r31 is live axle (same deal as stock)

Since you're in Vic, source an r31 diff (don't pay over 150) and find someone to shorten and mount swap it using your stock diff. I got mine done at jdi. Then you can either weld the centre, go mini or full spool. Jdi also offer twin calliper mounts for hydro handbrake.

Any questions let me know and I'll try and give you some more information.

Cheers, Will

Pageyisbored
17th May 2014, 08:00 PM
Planning on a sr20det
Seams the sensible choice coz I have worked on them before and my budget

I'll start calling up wreakers on Monday
And give jdi a call
Cheers

Matt
17th May 2014, 08:07 PM
+1 on getting JDI to do it..

YR22 is another good diff option.

Sam-Q
17th May 2014, 08:16 PM
Here is a good plan for you:

- do some back-tracking and find out who said the S13 ones "go in easy " and just don't ask them anything technical ever again, just don't.

- R31 diff isn't light, ratio choice isn't good but it can be cheap. For that read this:

http://www.s-86.com/article_r31diff.php

and no I won't do the conversion for anyone

dove grey 64
17th May 2014, 08:37 PM
R31 ratio isnt good for a 4a motor but the sr20 can make use of it. Like sam said it is heavy but most likely the easiest option you have

Pageyisbored
17th May 2014, 08:44 PM
Yeah I'll deffinatly steer clear of him haha
What kind of diff ratios are good?

Sam-Q
17th May 2014, 09:13 PM
I am thinking Tarago would probably be the best option