PDA

View Full Version : cheap quality 14 tyres

Hachi-Rocku
14th July 2009, 01:31 AM
im in need of a pair of cheap quality 14" tyres. i know those two words shouldnt be used in the same sentence but meh.

second hand i dont mind as long theres some good tread left on them. preferably some re001 bridgestones people want to throw away lol. 185/60 size no off road mud tyre specs.

im cheap so cant afford new. just anywhere where i can pick some up cheap/free. i hate understeering.

im in melbourne. contact by pm or post here.

squish_m8
14th July 2009, 04:30 PM
tried tyre pile raiding?

.ady
14th July 2009, 04:41 PM
i hate understeering.

haha dnt we all?

rthy
14th July 2009, 05:26 PM
Fawkner tyres normally have some old grid series tyres
$120 for a set of 4 fitted
http://www.fwt.net.au

Hachi-Rocku
14th July 2009, 07:49 PM
tried tyre pile raiding?

nah i nearly got stabbed last time I went out. learnt my lesson i wont be doing that shit again!!

if someone who still goes raiding and has tyres im after im willing to pay!:soldier:

fu*k thats cheap rthy. will hit them up soon if i dont find something closer.

Hachi-Rocku
15th July 2009, 02:50 AM
explain

LOL! a little exaggerated but yeah... :F:

most of the tyres at the piles are shit anyway. i need something to run up front. sure i can change my driving style to suit but fu*k i hate understeering when im just driving normal.

im sick of understeering into unexpected pedestrians and babies walking around.

ae71
17th July 2009, 09:34 PM
sure i can change my driving style to suit but fu*k i hate understeering when im just driving normal.

1) slow the fuck down

2) new 185/60 non retread run of the mill tyres are around $80-90 each fitted.

front tyres do the steering but also the braking. if they are as bad as you say they are then buy new ones, put the old ones on the back. check wheel alignment as that doesnt sound healthy. also your not running like 40 psi in them? i run about 30~32 for daily driving/fuel economy in the front. for max braking needs 28, but you then have more of an issue with tyre roll.

Hachi-Rocku
18th July 2009, 12:45 PM
1) slow the fuck down

2) new 185/60 non retread run of the mill tyres are around $80-90 each fitted.

front tyres do the steering but also the braking. if they are as bad as you say they are then buy new ones, put the old ones on the back. check wheel alignment as that doesnt sound healthy. also your not running like 40 psi in them? i run about 30~32 for daily driving/fuel economy in the front. for max braking needs 28, but you then have more of an issue with tyre roll.

understeering only happens when its wet. just to used to my old re001 bridgestones. if i was understeering in the dry then yeah id be rethinking about what im doing on the roads. i could kill someone.
my tyre pressure is at 32psi. and i will be picking up some tyres soon. just waiting for pay to come in a few more times.