Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: D1GP ?_? how much do you like it?

Banned

drifts cool competition drift is ghey

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

[QUOTE=shadow_bunny;11953]pinical? ....pinnacle? well, you can't have angle AND speed, but a balance. and if you studied physics you'd know that the lesser the angle, the the greater the speed.

QUOTE]

thats pretty basic theory man... with a few more factors than > angle = < Speed and vice versa.

weight is one major factor that u have forgotten..

as seen right here :

traction, can provide more acceleration through a corner at a greater angle to overcome drag to obtain the same speed compared to a car with lighter weight and lesser angle..

drift involves alot of physics and aerodynamics testing is riddled through motorsport, the whole aim to produce the lease ammount of drag, a bit of downforce for traction, to accieve best cornering, acceleration,
    the fastest car wins the race (in theory) .. the faster the car moves the more drag it creats .. the aim.. the eliminate it.

acceleration... through a corner? youre thinking of carrying greater momentum into the exit because the impending motion is building up on the rear (or traction) tires. traction in itself is not a driving force, but a medium. torque and friction are the two main forces. drag doesnt really come into play until well above the 60 mph range, but before then its negligible, as well as weight differences in cars that have close power/weight ratios.

well my explanation as why > angle = < speed is here:

for a second, think that these crudely drawn rectangles represent the top view of a car. both are drifting and the one on the left achieved a greater angle. the green dot on each of them is their center of mass (not gravity) in the x axis. the red arrow represents the speed vector and the green arrow the friction force vector. The shaded area on each car is an assumption of where the weight should be distributed while taking a turn drifting. I exaggerated the difference so youd notice, but i doubt it differ as much in real life. in any case since the one with less angle managed to contain its weight closer to its center of mass and assuming that this in turn increases traction; or in other words provides more weight equally on the rear tires thus increasing normal force on the rear tires and therefore creating a larger friction force to propel the car forward.

looking back at why I just wrote i can say that a safer assumption would be to say that the better traction (if that makes any sense at all) you have during a drift the faster it is.

oh and, most of the aerokits on d1gp are purely for aesthetics. if they'd really want aerodinamical efficiency they'd build kits like those on touring cars with wide-bodies, air inlets, deflectors and canards ALL over the place.

Eat. Sleep. ... Eat?

I think I agree with this man ^-^ although...he might just be trolling me. v_v

Eat. Sleep. ... Eat?

breno

i havent watched d1 in years besides a few quick clips on youtube.
    The cars are boring the tracks are boring but you still gotta respect the skill that the drivers have, and at the end of the day they still go out on the street to do it.

but who the fuck cares what series is better or who is better, just go out and have fun.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Nothing wrong with competition, as long as it's still fun.

Name
    Trev
    State
    Queensland
    Country
    Australia

I go through a stage of watching it when its on foxtel, I have D1GP on ps2 which aint bad.

Name
    Josh
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

lol...

Name
    Tobias
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

D1gp is a good watch, although i personally prefer the grassroots stuff(msc,drift tengoku coverage,team drift) because of the stuff that happens,wall smacks, crashes, jumps, busted up drift pigs.

That why i found T.hibino so entertaining in the d1 series, cause he did most of the stuff the grassroots guys did,just balls out going for it.JUMP DRIFT!

Bottom line is D1 is about big money, fast cars, and entertaining.
    The MSC series is just people having fun,driving with their mates in their own cars, their just happens to be a video camera there.

My2cents

Name
    Aaron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I used to watch it all the time when it was on ESPN or something but after a while it just turned shit with all the commercial stuff. And all the cars are pretty much the same.
    I'd rather have an '86 than a girlfriend.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast