Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

btw... signal drop when touching the phone actually happens to a lot of phones:

Last edited by letsgohunting; 25th June 2010 at 01:41 PM.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

those white spots aint going away anytime soon,

if apple just communicated better with other companies instead of keeping everything secret and demanding things samsung would have been able to do better qc, and apple would have had more time to test the device for faults.

the more behind they are technology wise the more they are going to have to rush things out, and the more faults there are going to be.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I wouldn't exactly say they're behind technology wise hahaha... I doubt samsung makes the screen as well - it would put apple at a disadvantage when it comes to another competing phone company knowing what tech they're using long before the apple product is out.

Either way I'm sure apple will sort the shit out - they're exceptional with backing their products via warrantee etc.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i rep the evo as its a better product than the iphone4
    i have an n97 with dedicated call buttons so i dont care what others buy, my next phone ill look into it more

your routers were fine with your computers until you got apple computers.

its easier to not touch the back of a phone than it is to not touch the sides. especially on a big square iphone.

its common knowledge that touching the antenna reduces reception,
    iphone was just stupid enough to put it where you hold the phone.

every phone i have ever had has had a warning in the instructions not to hold your hand over the antenna. This
    has always been easy as its at the top back part of the phone and you would have to be a idiot to do so while calling.

also lol'd last night, apparently apple hired people with absolutely freakshow big hands to demo the iphone 4 so it looked small.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I'm actually looking at a new phone for the end of next month. haha you can't even get the evo in australia. and it has significant flaws too. And the other good one is the motorola droid X, which isn't even coming out in Australia. Neither of their screens match up, and the evos battery is dismal.

haha yes, I'm sure you monitored my routers to make sure they worked fine when I had netgear ones with windows computers I'm telling you now that the only time I haven't had router probs - windows or osx is with the airport express.

And where are you pulling the stuff that apple hired people with big hands to show off the iphone from? And what's more, if you're insinuating that the iphone is big, the iphone 4 is smaller than your n97, and significantly smaller than both the evo 4g AND the droid X, and yet still has a higher resolution screen than both...
    Last edited by letsgohunting; 25th June 2010 at 01:58 PM.

Name
    Mick
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Some great PR by Steve Jobs.

'It's not a big issue'

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

driftke70, i belive you have dug yourself a hole, and now its filling with water
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i dont care if its the same size as a matchbox its misleading to consumers.

you told me you had problems trying to connect your apples, dont bend that, have a look on the net, its common for apples wifi to be picky

both droid x and evo are available for purchase unlocked from the states cheaper than you could get it in australia, you would be stupid to not do the same even if you wanted an iphone. Your phone wasnt available in australia letsgo but you seem to be perfectly capable of owning it

what hole have i dug dave?

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Show me evidence of said sales people with large hands pls. Otherwise you're talking shit.

I had problems with router and or modem dropping the connection, with both windows and osx computers. We run both. if it was an apple problem the windows would still work. I've never had problems at any other wifi spot with my macbook either. /end.

droid x runs on a completely different network and if you buy one from the US it does not work in Aus. They don't make one that can run in Aus. Evo yes, but I haven't even touched one yet - I wouldn't buy one without having a play first.
    Last edited by letsgohunting; 25th June 2010 at 02:35 PM.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

so your saying that you had windows machines and a router that didnt work for several years before you decided to change it, that coincided with your apple purchases.

if your apples were confusing the router, of course your windows pcs arnt going to work, and I guarantee they would have with some changes in the settings.

what was the fault of the router in the end? not an apple product?

^found in 2 seconds of searching, not the original one i read but close enough.

all phones run on different networks, it is possible to unlock them, takes 20 minutes.

i dont care if you want an iphone4, just dont say other options are worse and unavailable.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast