Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: iPhone

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

The reason he didn't take the footage from iTunes was because they used 4-5 different iphones to make the film and each was full in memory with the hd footage. Easier to just import it direct into adobe premier or whatever he was using.

When he talks about the video editing and not being able to add titles to spliced clips, he's talking about the iMovie editing software WITHIN the iphone - at present you can only add titles to a whole clip. When you import the clips into your video editor on the computer you can do whatever you want with it.

The very fact that it has a basic editing program ON the iphone is hardly something to be laughing about. haha.
    -->

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Iphone sales for the past year in japan sit at 2.3 million, and that's the 3gs not the 4. Total market share is 5% up to june 2010.
    Last edited by letsgohunting; 4th July 2010 at 05:08 PM.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Really interesting article on Japanese phones and market:

I would concur about japanese software not being up to par with their electronics, they heap millions of features (a good amount which are fluff) into their stuff to the point where it's just overly complex. Japanese camera companies are prime examples - ever gone through the menus of a nikon d3? Makes my head hurt just thinking about it... haha
    Last edited by letsgohunting; 4th July 2010 at 05:17 PM.

Name
    Ayden
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Nokia pulling an Apple:

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

except nokia said it went missing from the get go. Didnt pretend they didnt know for like 2 weeks. Only brought the police in after a period of time instead of being a jerk about it all. Didnt make up some story about losing it at a bar.

When will you realise its not what apple do its how they do it.

Being such a diehard fan is actually determental to the company you love.

If other phones have problems with their antenna it sucks but they didnt say their antenna was revolutionary and increases reception and was magical.

You need to stop reading 101 blogs cause you just end up picking and chosing what you want to read at that given time.

The phones not bad but its making claims that it cant hold for a price thats too high for a market thats expanding. Like they expect you to buy everything. My nokias have come with covers and stylus and cleaning clothes stereo control headphones and stuff but apple will never sell the phone with a 2cent bumper cover. They have put themself in a precarious solution where they are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

I dont care if nokias smart phone isnt as good as the htc or anything as my next phone is over a year away and im probably going to keep my n97 till it dies then get a cheap nokia for 100 bucks. Phones are for calls and messages. Cameras are for photos and film. Mp3 players are for music. All of which i have and a phone will never replace.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

The last bit you said, is so true.

I spend all day on the phone, if I got a flash one with games and stuff I would spend MORE time on the phone.

I dont want that.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

The apple situation was the same - the dude that found it called a local applecare service line and told them he found a new version of the iphone in a bar and they disregarded it, as any companies service line probably would. When they found that gizmodo put it up on the blog they wrote them a letter asking them to return it.

I'm not a diehard fan at all, apple products have been extremely good to me and I defend them based on my experience. I still want a motorola droid X and TBH I want one more than an iphone 4, but it's not coming out in GSM version for at least another 9-10 months (if it comes at all). The original droid is coming out in Aus in the next few days and that's a phone thats almost a year old in the US. The reason I care so much is because I'm upgrading my phone this month. It's a lot of money to spend.

When the canon 5d mk2 came out it had manual control HD video and heaps of photographers complained that it's a camera and therefore only needs still camera capabilities, video capabilities are a waste of time and flawed anyway etc.
    Turns out the HD video in the 5d mkII (+ interchangeable lenses etc) is SO good that a couple of top US filmmakers called it the best video camera you can buy for under 100k (may have been 50k - was a few years back now, but it was a lot of money).

You guys may be happy with a $100 phone but my smartphone's made life a LOT easier for me in organization and work. Just recently I've started emailing clients on the spot invoices for jobs from my iphone. When you do 3-4 houses a day for a week it makes it way easier than doing it from home that night. That's just one example.

And yes, the iphone comes with a cloth and headphones and all the stuff you need.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

still missing the point

your plan isnt two years old, why are you forced to buy a phone this month?
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Not on a contract, my phone was bought outright. I'm on a BYO monthly plan right now, that gives me crap all internet useage and if I upgraded the plan for more internet useage I'd be paying nearly the same amount as I would if I just got a new smartphone on the plan, and I'd get more data and more calls every month.

Also really want 3g internet rather than relying on 2g which is slooooww.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast