Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: iPhone

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

rocker switch is the name for the switch, it's not something apple invented. rocker switches have been around for a long time. The nokia product manual I linked to in a previous post had a rocker switch reference in it, and that was from 2004.

So what exactly are you trying to say?

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

"Apple may not take the stage at Sunday's Oscars, but the company will be well represented by many filmmakers, directors, producers, and editors who will pick up awards.
    In fact, 9 out of 10 of this year's nominees in the "Documentary Feature" and "Documentary Short" categories used Final Cut Studio to make their films. "

LOL

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

The whole mouse is a multitouch block, from front to back. I can right, left, middle click/spread out all windows in a birds eye view style screen on computer (three finger click)/minimise all open windows to revert back to desktop (four finger click)/ go back and forwards on webpage (2 finger swipe anywhere on the mouse) and bring up dashboard client (calculator/widgets etc) by clicking a designated spot on the mouse (I picked apple logo at the back). All but the last action I can and do (every minute) without taking my hand off the mouse. Even the scroll has kinetic style scrolling like a BB mousewheel where the velocity of the scrolling action is carried through on the webpage as momentum. So really it's actually more customizable and has more functions than a normal scrollmouse. Of course you didn't know that, because you've never actually used one. Much happier to sit and make assumptions off nothing right?

Designing cars and engines is engineering, not design. Engineering uses CAD programs, of which the big one autocad has only very recently been made for OSX. In fact in the last few weeks if I remember correctly.

PS wtf am I doing it's 3am and I got work tomorrow, i'm going to bed.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

.5char
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

what the hell are you even emplying, are you not even remotely aware that cnet is a apple marketing point, the thing you posted is even from the apple section.
    go into their microsoft section and all they have is the bad news from microsoft. Nothing of the suicides at the foxcon factories in china and stuff in the apple section.
    you can even research when apple became involved as they were sick of cnet badmouthing apples stuff.

as i said earlier, stop picking and choosing things that are not only very vague to the arguement, but heavily apple biased.

i dont quote bill gates for opinions on microsoft, i dont go to and quote from there, but thats essentially what you do whether you notice it or not.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i never said that apple invented it, i said they have trained you to pick up on little things like that, you would have called it the volume buttons 10 minutes before you watched that video, but your brain has been trained to cling onto little words for things.

im well aware of many types of switches, im also well aware that the iphone 4 doesnt even have a rocker switch. reports also that if you put a case on the phone you basically cant push them unless you force them.
    Last edited by driftke70; 9th July 2010 at 04:52 AM. Reason: forgot quote

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

If you use the word hipster one more time I'm going to put apple stickers all over your car and spray them with clear coat spraycans so you can't peel them off. What does the word hipster even mean? How is it relevant to anything? And what's with the fixation with fixies and scarfs? How is chase jarvis a hipster anyway? Because he uses apple computers? And he doesn't use Canon Eos stuff, he uses Nikon stuff. I'd bet he earns over 300k a year too. He's hardly some douchebag who changes stuff on his computer, but then it's easy for you to sit and rip on anything that you don't like or agree with, because you're a common hater. I never said that automotive engineers were better or worse than a photographer, but the photographer is more relatable to me, and his equipment is more relatable - of course I would pay more attention to what the photographer uses - I don't design cars or use CAD software.. Do you? No? Didn't think so.
    When you have a studio setup that looks like Chase Jarvis's () or have the same amount of success in your chosen industry, then you have a valid opinion, until then, you're just another internet warrior with nothing to give.

You can't accept that some people actually like the magic mouse, instead you just assume that if someone likes it they've been brainwashed or they're stupid. LEARN TO ACCEPT THAT PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS THAN YOU DO. I have had heaps of mice, cheap microsoft ones, apple wireless and wired ones, and recently I spent $180 on a logitech mx revolution (one of the best wireless mouses they make), which isn't even a true wireless mouse (requires usb receiver in computer) and on which one of the main buttons has stopped working properly. I prefer my magic mouse anyday. I found it strange at first being so low, but after a few days I much preferred the feel of it and the way multitouch worked. I don't get wrist cramps, and I use it for long periods of time, and yes, I do real work for real clients for real money with it. If the logitech was better, I'd use it - I have nothing to lose in using either, I own both. Of course your mind is so closed you won't be able to accept that, I'm sure you'll rationalize it somehow with one of your conspiracy theories about apple brainwashing etc.
    Last edited by letsgohunting; 9th July 2010 at 01:41 PM.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I want a source and proof that CNET is apple based marketing. If you can't prove this you're talking shit. Foxxconn doesn't only make products for apple so if you're going to blame apple for the foxconn problems you also have to blame the other companies that contract them to build their stuff - from their wiki:

'Among other things, Foxconn produces the Mac mini, the iPod, the iPad, and the iPhone for Apple Inc.; Intel-branded motherboards for Intel Corp.; various orders for American computer manufacturers Dell and Hewlett-Packard; the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 for Sony; the Wii for Nintendo; the Xbox 360 for Microsoft; cellular phones for Motorola and Nokia; the Amazon Kindle; and Cisco equipment"

[QUOTE=driftke70;281184]go into their microsoft section and all they have is the bad news from microsoft. Nothing of the suicides at the foxcon factories in china and stuff in the apple section. [QUOTE]

Nothing about the foxconn suicides on cnet ay?

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

You might want to let me know where exactly apple have sneakily trained the term "rocker switch" into my brain? They don't even label it as a rocker switch on their website, they just call them volume buttons.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I still don't like it when stuff is made in china. Includingg apple stuff, although QC from the company is the biggest thing. You don't have a choice with electronics anyway - it's nearly all made in China.

What apple store did you go into? I call bullshit on that, first one opened in Gold Coast 2 months ago.

You're talking shit here too. I used the term volume rocker because that's what it is it's physically a rocker button used to change the volume. Are you mentally ill? The taskbar on osx is called a dock. It's called that because it docks to the side or the bottom of the screen. Dashboard is an overlay of widgets that you can get to pop up. Windows has widgets too, but they're called gadgets. Android phones like HTC and motorola and sony ericsonn also use widgets, in the same way osx does. They're even called widgets too.

Are you forgetting windows terms like "aero glass, aero peek, aero shake pin, aero snap" for windows 7 features? Or are you just selectively forgetting them. How about motoblur, omnistore, android market etc? Other companies use marketing terms for features just as much as apple do, you're just selective in what you think.
    Last edited by letsgohunting; 9th July 2010 at 02:06 PM.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast