Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Spirit

Name
    Chris
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Going for the crazy front mount turbo idea? Seems a few guys from foreign countries have fiddled with this idea (have seen a heap of drag 4G63 motors with this setup), makes sense when the exhaust manifold sits at the front of the engine bay. Your a mad ham.

Name
    Christian
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Wth happened to my old car? lol

Nice stuff mate. I'm glad she's gone to a good home. You've gotta give me a ride when she's done and in melbourne!

All the best.
    Christian.

Name
    Casey
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Cheers christian & foamz

update ish

Engine bay wiring is done, just finishing up under the dash tonight, rigged up an antilag switch on the clutch tonight, luckily enough parts from the seca were used!

Wideband gauge and controller are all installed and working, air temp, coil packs, 4bar map sensor, and the turbosmart dualstage controller are all installed and functioning.

No pics as such really, I tacked up the collector for the turbo and made a strut off the old engine mount to support the snail, there will be more added but i will wait until i fab the runners and the dump before i add another one off the block.

Ill take a few more pics n shit after work n shit later this week..

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

so pretty much you run a set of "tuned" length extracters to the turbs (so to speak)

Name
    Casey
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

More or less, yes that's whats gonna be happening

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

updates or what???
    =D

Name
    Casey
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Small le'update..

had a few big weeks of work lately, slept in till 2pm today, went n did a bit of shit in town, then finally got home n had a tinker with the boot/how im mounting my fuel cell..

As you can see, the tire well is gone, i took a bit of time thinking what height the cell will sit at in relation to the boot floor, decided on sitting it about 150mm below to the bottom (sits lower than pictured), as opposed to some setups ive seen with it just sitting at floor level. Hopefully this will keep whatever negligible weight/center of gravity issues that would/could cause any tankslap or the likes from being noticed. It also cuts down on a lot of length of pickup and return hose, with will keep things tidy in there.

I also welded 2 more cross members, across the rear chassis:

From what i found the only real "bracing" across that part of the shell/chassis was the boot floor skin and the matirial that makes up the rear of the car, so this will hopefully stiffen it up a bit.

So tomorrow should see the cell mounted fully, and me sorting out what im doing with the top rad/IC support, as i changed my mind... again.

I canned the stainless turbo mani idea, going back to sch40 38nb steam fittings, had some flanges laser cut out of 12mm mild steel so all that will get cracking shortly too..

Name
    Casey
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Put my ass into gear a bit more this week even though i had a heap of other shit to do:

Its gon' be a tight schedule the next two weeks!!

but! theres always a but..

Shit is moving forward, shit is getting built, and very shortly it'll be ready to start, all i need is to fab a surge tank and plumb everything up.

Manifold is done except for the waste gate (couldn't ninja the old one as its under vito's bed) as well as the dump pipe complete, of course it'll need the system made but since the dump only took 3 hours to fab and it had a lot more cutting and welding involved i cant see the system taking too long.

home stretch lads;

yep yes, fingers crossed i make it to toyofest!!

Name
    Chris
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

That's a manifold and a half!
    What? No hole in the bonnet for a scream pipe?

Name
    Casey
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

So toyofest has been wrote off.. car just wont be quite running by then

anyways..

shits been slowy getting done:

Manifold and dump are now complete, just need to make one more brace for the turbo before i drive it.

Upgraded all fuel lines to 8mm, allowed me to buy just one size of hose for everything except the intake for the 044

Also modded the fuel rail for 8mm lines, moving completely away from the factory regulator now, using a 450hp rated 1:1 reg.

Re-mounted the electrics onto a single sheet of stainless, using a terminal strip it allows me to make changes easily to the system.. input/outputs ect..

Had a beer or several

Modded my old screamer pipe to suit new location, still need to order a 2bar spring set.

Just today saw most "bigger" jobs done, like facing the turbo manifold, welding up the vband and doing all the mods required for it to fit and assembling it all. Hopefully over the weekend ill get the fuel system sorted and turn her over for the first time in 5-6months

anyways im a bit short on pics but meh:

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast