Australia

Haha, yeah man. Loved them hey.

Name
    ryan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

very nice pick up man, soo clean! as far as offset goes search offset wheel calculator in google, this will let you check how different size/offset wheels will affects your guard clearance.

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

What do you guys think of these? I was told they would bolt straight into my car. Thanks!!

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

after nothing too intense, just want the JDM look atm as the car isnt going to see the track or get driven hard. just want it low on some half decent coils with some nice offset rims and stretched rubber.

if anyone has any knowledge on these coils and if they would suit what i want to use them for that would be awesome!

thanks again guys!

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

You'll need to convert your front end to ae86, with ae86 steering arms and brake set up.

If you want something softer order them with a 6kg or 7kg front spring then 4.5kg rear. Is nice daily stiff, and good for trackwork later.

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

cheers dude, im talks with the supplier for BC coil overs. so we should be able to sort it out I hope! cheers for the spring rates!

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

as you said dude, i will need all the AE86 gear to put them in.. I was talking to a suspension place in perth that can rebuild my shocks and kit them out as coil overs. so they are a direct bolt in replacement. they are a Bilstein insert. might just have to do that as im just after the look for now.

so both will more than likely work out the same price by the time i have got all the AE86 parts ill have to buy to get them in.

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

How much did you pay for the ke70 looks clean !

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yeah but ke70 brakes are dismall. AE86 ones are a bit bigger and then allows you to upgrade them with either a wilwood brake kit or a rx7 brake upgrade kit. ADM AE86 brakes are solid rotor, JDM AE86 brakes are vented rotors. AJPS in the site sponser section do RX7 caliper brackets and can arange some rotors hubs and calipers for you, Spirited Drive do the Wilwood kit, which comes with hubs and calipers/brackets, braided brake lines, you just need hubs and its close to a bolt in job.

Only thing is what wheel size you wish to run, Wilwood kit is generally 15's minimum, unless the 14's have the right offset for it (usually massive neg) RX7 makes more 14's an option. if you wanted to run 13's both ADM and JDM ae86 brakes are small enough for that

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

WhatCamber: Cheers dude, she is a clean little bus. She does have 2 minor cosmetic dents. Other than that she is all sweet. Picked her up for 2k.

Jacobxxx: Thanks again dude, Massive help! Feel like such a dick.. Never looked this much into suspension before. It's always been a lowered spring setup.. Never run coil overs before! Looking at running a 15x7 fronts and 15x8 rears, with a 0 offset. Was informed I could run this spec wheel on the standard guard specs. Depending what i can find. Will probably aim for 15x7 all round with a 0 offset.

Well I think getting my original shocks kitted out and sleeved by my suspension shop will be the way to go. They send them away to Bilstein to get rebuilt as a coil over. So then they will be a direct bolt in replacement. Then I can look at finding the AE86 brake upgrade parts later on. Looking into all the suspension arms etc to get more lock etc.

Will this work out?
    Last edited by Mika; 28th June 2011 at 06:53 PM.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast