Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Drift (in) Australia; What now?

Banned

thats all good and well but drifting covers tracks in mass amounts of rubber.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

which provides mass amount of grip. after the v8's tear through on their practice and qualifying there is already heaps of rubber down and the onl thing the drifters will add will be rubber off the racing line
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Name
    Travis
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I think johls idea is fantastic.

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

me too, anyone got contacts in v8 supercars?

Banned

Errr johl rather than argue im just gonna lol

Name
    Dan
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

barbagello gets drifted on pretty frequently...
    :|
    v8s still run there?f
    do they or do they not, im not sure? id think so ?
    but it pisses me off when people assume your hooning cos your car is loud, has bald tires, a roll cage, fresh bake and dinted bumpers!!
    Or driving in a wolf pack.

Banned

Yer your right and there's been drifting at bathurst if im not mistaken. I guess it would be alright if they're swept inbetween. I was talking about all the huge chunks of rubber not the good kind that sticks to the track... drunk postings not always the best lol.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Yeah, there is already a lot of drift demos that go on at rounds of the v8 supercars etc. Fairly sure that borneo and banga went out at the last round at perth to put on a show for the crowd in between races. (link found ) The biggest problem with that idea that I can see is that there is already a lot of racing that goes on at the v8s. Like don't they run the carrea cup rounds at the same time and I know they had the celebrity mini round at the last v8 round at barbs as well... So its probably already time compressed, so Id say if you were going to do it you would have to do qualifying straight away, so there would be no time to set the cars up etc. I think as it was several teams in the DA were having a whinge about not getting enough time to get their cars set up for the track... and superdrift got even less... Dunno how that would affect things

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Aaron
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

in regards to drift in wa, there wasn't much happening from alot of the smaller competitors. however on the weekend there was almost all the bigger name guys there so it can't be all that bad.

also there is a hell of alot more new people coming out to drift prac and so on so if anything i think it will just get bigger. it may take a bit of time is all.

there was only 25 competitors that made it past qualifying on sat at rd5 in wa, but there was also a shit load of regulars and other drivers that may have come but didn't just because short of cash or there cars werent ready.

if borneo, clint and banger did sell up i honestly don't see that as a bad thing. while i do enjoy watching them and they are great drivers it really will bring the rest of the feild closer together. and i think it will give alot more oppurtunities to other drivers who normally would have no chance against the bigger names

my opinion anyway. i think some people just prefer to think negatively about shit like this. theyre all like " omg its so dead", but as long as there are people enjoying it, it will be around.

Veteran
    Name
    Stefan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeh i agree with running with the v8s, if that happened itd open the sport up to alot of people who wouldnt pay to see it, i mean think bout all those v8 fans who wouldnt be caught dead at a jap style event, this way they'd have to see it and may even like it lol
    that and like mentioned all the sponsorship and airtime and so on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast