what cars do e series come out of year model please, I'm a noob

Veteran
    Name
    Stefan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeah I have a t18 t series what came so celicas 4.3 direct bolt in for t series?
    JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET AS F*CK!!! hmmm, when you prenounce it properly, it sounds gay how bout that.

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

TA22 / RA28 which came from the factory with an automatic transmission.

There is one difference between the centers for the Celicas and the T-18's.

T18 housings have 10 studs. Celica housings have 9 studs and hole for a bolt.

This is because there's a weird extension thing on the celica centres. it's hard to describe.

I THINK you can just remove the stud in question and use the bolt.

Ask chris.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

some early celicas had a D series diff. Nothing out of it will fit a t series housing. Read the vin plate to determine if it is a T series diff or not.
    85' JDM TA63 GTTR sedan - Godlike
    89' JDM GZ20 Soarer - 1jz + R154 bus

Quote Originally Posted by joeschmo_57 View Post
    I tried to sell my virginity yesterday in a pub. Shame it was second hand anyway

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Didn't know that one, I've only ever seen them with T-serieseses.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

theyre uncommon but yair they do exist
    85' JDM TA63 GTTR sedan - Godlike
    89' JDM GZ20 Soarer - 1jz + R154 bus

Quote Originally Posted by joeschmo_57 View Post
    I tried to sell my virginity yesterday in a pub. Shame it was second hand anyway

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I'm guessing they were on the very early pov pack ones, like, 71 - 72 LT's.

Name
    stefan
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

can someone confirm for me that a t18 rear 1/2 of tail shaft is 20mm shorter than a standard sprinter s series tail shaft???

Name
    Mike
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Hey all. This thread has been a huge help to me so i thought i'd give a little back.

I just finished putting an RA40 T series into my ae86 and thought i'd share my findings ( dont know if this has already been said). For anyone looking for a really cheap upgrade to a T series this is definately a goer. RA40 gives about an extra 40mm in total track which means filling the guards without illegal spacers. There is a difference in mounts but it's so small that it wont really effect you if you still have standard rubber bushes ( not to sure about poly bushes).

The top mounts on the RA40 diff are 25mm further apart but as i said before you can just push the upper links out 13mm and works fine. If you use bolts from the S series you shouldnt have a problem. The bolts on the RA40 diff are a bit bigger in diameter which means the bolt holes on the RA40 mounts are a smig bigger too this accomodates for the missalignment. No difference at all on the bottom mounts.

As for brakes, someone said before that the RA40 diff is also a free upgrade ( all be it a drum brake) but from what i could see there is no difference in diameter of the drums. That said they do seem to work better (not a clue why).

The tailshaft from an RA40 can't be used because it is far to long. The standard S series tailshaft can be used with some modification to the centre bearing. By elongating the holes on the bearing mounts you can push the centre bearing closer to the front of the car meaning that the extra 20mm of the T series housing wont bugger up your bearing to quickly. The only problem i can see with doing this is that it may have an adverse effect on the bearings in the gearbox after some time.

There is quite a difference in panhard rod lengths but this can easily be sorted with an adjustable one. I used one from whiteline which works really well. There is no need to get extra length put onto it. I can turn mine atleast another 10 full turns ( if not more) before it comes out of the end. Just make sure that you order a panhard rod for an AE86 not an RA40 celica. The RA40 one from whiteline is 875mm long where as the AE86 one is only 685mm.

Other than that everything else is a straight fit

Hope this helps people. Any questions send me a PM (as usual, take this information at your own risk)
    Mike

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9