Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $1000 to fix 4ac and still pisses oil

Bad Email Address

Yeah any type should be fine, dont be stingy with the tape wind on heaps of it like 10 rotations. And it should fix the problem. I normally use a brand called WURTH and have no problems since.

Bad Email Address

Edit - I dont know

Name
    Dwayne
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

engine has been idling really low too (350-600rpm) and making funny noises.
    i had a bit of a look around and found at least 2 broken vacuum hoses. also the lil plastic bit they all go to has a broken bit.
    gonna go to supercheap again this weekend and try to buy a metre or so of the stuff and hope that at least fixes the funny noises

Name
    Dwayne
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

oh yeah, garage shanty boyz, i'm coming down this weekend. give me a call (0410614731) and let me know what ur doing

cheers - Dwayne

Bad Email Address

FIPG toyota genuine sealant.. got heaps of tubes.. of the black and red.. i'd just use a bit of ultra-blue silicone..

Name
    Scott
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I'd just get a 4AGE and solve the problem lol

Bad Email Address

yes.. failing that i have 3 4AC's of your choice you can have.. each for $100 there all running etc complete.. and i even have an EFI setup for one!

Banned
    Name
    Ted
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

FIPG - Black is for motors & Coolant. Red is for gearbox's. Its good stuff. Really.

Smurf poo is good also, but its blue, and its yucky. And its not toyota

Tyre pressures should be 34 for soft ride, 36 for less soft ride, longer tyre life. Anyone whos been saying 28 or there abouts psi for tyre pressures.. hell, im glad you can afford new tyres -

Make sure your running something like 20w50 oil - nothing too thin, otherwize you'll REALLY find out just how many hard seals your ol 4a has.. Like the time we put VVTI 15W30 oil into an Sv21 camry. There was so many hard seals in that motor that was cloged up with old oil.. as soon as the thing started up with the VVTI oil, you could liturally see the oil seaping out of the motor. Ahahah, the entire workshop then filled up with smoke, and angry technitions. God dam camrys.

If you sump screw thead is rooted, honostly, your gona need to redo the gasket for the sump anyway - just get another sump - hell, i through one out the other day.. god dam oversized paperweights.

Toyota washers are the_shit. Do them up to the recomend tighness specification, and you will not have any troubles. Personally, once the oils been in the motor, and it comes out, you only put new stuff in. I dont like to re-use oil at all.

Oh did i mention that i hate Sv21's ?

yeh i had ths same prob with my sump plug. i used a fibre washer from bunnings i think it was and it was shit, still kept leaking. last monday i got a toyota sump plug washer from my mech and its perfect, worked a treat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2